Page 3 of 236 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 3

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Shine! tsk tsk, your making excuses for not updating your wordpress blog yet you linger on our PB forum and not even adhering to our strict health regulations! Shame on you :P

What are you waiting for, darling? :] Do you need the junkfood to get you through the studying? :P

P.S, hourglass chicks rock!

Sharon, your story is very inspiring!

But kinda depressed me 'cause I am currently nearing 150 (haven't weighed myself) and I'm not nearly as tall!

It makes me sound so big in comparison! But I have medium-large bone frame, so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself.

I don't think I could be a size 2, but a size 6 is most welcome!

What makes me mad is that my mom (she's slightly older than you are) is so much skinnier than me, and I didn't seem to get that skinny gene

A size 2?! Holy mother of God!!! That's so huge! I would be jumping and kissing random people at gap! :]

But I don't think it'll be that easy for me to lose weight... I've been low carbing for a bit for a few months after my birthday (also August! August 17!) and hasn't lost any weight! Then again, I don't remember sticking to it 100% or exercising so maybe that was the culprit.

The thing is, I don't think I've gained weight that fast, I think mine was a 40 pound gain over 5 years, and now my body is so comfortable with being 150 it takes so much work and dedication just to lose one pound!

I also tried the South Beach diet (what haven't I tried :/)

I hope I'm as successful as you are!

And I relate so muuuuuuuuch with the sugar addiction, but I believe ti really has got to come from within you, because if you force yourself to quit you can never lie to yourself for long. What happened to me was that I binged for months, to the point I felt sick! And when I got used to eating so much crap I got depressed...

It really is boring to lead a life of constant luxury, because you never get to enjoy things anymore, if you eat them all the time! I realized how useless it is to eat cake and chocolate all day and I lost all appetite for it. Just like that. I can go into a store, spend hours by the meat section but the pretty cakes and icecreams look like cardboard to me -fake and colourful.

This website is also helpful for women dealing with sugar addiction: www.firstourselves.com

Lindsay0311 Guest

Hey No Salad!!

Congrats on beginning your journey..I will tell you, I have been on mine since about October...hit it pretty hard this last January but still struggle with keeping certain foods out like sweets! I am probably 90-95% primal. I haven't read Mark's book yet but do plan on buying it. I have issues regarding food...if I eat something that triggers a craving then all hell breaks lose basically! haha but this forum is great for support and to just track progress. I will stay in-tune with your blog to see how you are doing and hopefully learn some tips from you along the way as well! That is one of my favorite things about MDA...learning from other posts AND seeing that we all have similar struggles!

Kryz is offline Junior Member

NoSalad: thanks! I am sexually active, and my boyfriend already uses condoms and doesn't seem to have a problem with them.

I've read that alternative things like accupuncture can help regulate periods, so that's something to look into. And a quick googlemaps search shows that there are a bunch of naturopaths nearby...

Kryz, good luck! :]

Linds, thanks for reading! Did you visit www.firstourselves.com? The moderator does a great job talking about sugar addiction and self-confidence, if you're like me you'll find it super helpful!

And I can't recommend Mark's book enough (by now he should be paying me for all the lectures i gave about his book!). Don't get me wrong, the reason why I love and respect Mark as a person is because he makes this blog free and available for all and MDA.com will tell you everything you need to know about PB, not to mention the awesome stuff and forum members... BUT, Mark's book explains and answers every little/ stupid question you ever had about PB and doing it right, all in a helpful, orderly way!

If you have to starve for a week to get this book, do it! :P

Lindsay0311 Guest

I just bought his book on my kindle RIGHT after I posted on your blog..I can't wait to start reading it..I am going to start tonight on my drive to Tacoma while the hubby drives. I did check that site out and I plan on utilizing that as well..seems like it could really help!

:] best of luck, don't forget to update your journal!

I have to get the book down by Monday, my official start day, but I'm always on here or cooking :/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Lindsay- how do you like the kindle? I've been thinking about getting one but not sure it's worth the cost yet.

Lindsay0311 Guest

NoSalad- I will definitely be updating my journal...I am going to try and finish it this weekend as well and really dive in again on Monday with the knowledge of the book and not just hearsay I guess...I am so excited!

DR- I absolutely love the kindle..I wasn't sure if it would be worth it at first but I got it as a gift and use it so much! The books are so much cheaper...for instance...Primal Blueprint was 26.99 regular but I got it for 16.99 with the kindle and didn't have to wait for it to arrive..it downloaded within a minute. I definitely got a case for it though since it is pretty thin and it fits in my purse so I take it everywhere. I definitely recommend it to those who are into reading..if you don't read much then it probably isn't worth it.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Oh I read all the time! I've been tossing ideas back and forth. It's either a kindle, or my next laptop will be a tablet (with e-books.) Decisions, decisions. Maybe I can prompt somebody to get it for me as a gift.

Page 3 of 236 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast