Page 235 of 236 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2351

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 235

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    (I couldn't watch the whole video.... his kitchen... was so dirty... my OCD... *sob*)
    NOOOOOOOOOO! I urge you to watch it! It's so bizarre especially the part about the candy...

"How you say? Nigger. OOhhhhhhhhh....... NO NO NO Dat is very bad very bad. I... I am... Christian. Jesus christ lives... Today."

True story.

Day 8!

Yay, I survived a week. A WEEK SURVIVED I IS!

My cravings are almost completely gone. I glided through the cupcake isle and for once didn't start sobbing (true story).
    I think you need to suffer through a week for your brain to go, "Ah, screw it. This bitch is too damn stupid."
    Brain: 0. Me: 1.

;D

My diet is totally on track, though I did have some Korean BBQ on Saturday and walked out in the middle of an Othello production. (You've seen one, you've seen'em all. AmIrightoramIrighthmm?)

I hope my drama instructor didn't notice the two empty seats in the back. Though come Monday and he asks me about the details of the play he might wonder why I'm focusing entirely on the first hour............................ ;<

I forgot to fast yesterday... I'll have to do it tomorrow and then Saturday.

Dairy is getting pretty damn old... (No pun intended. My fridge has some ancient yogurt that I'm pretty sure scientists can use to fund their research.) I think I'm over it ;D

The hardest thing is probably getting yourself to exercise for the second week, but somehow... I did it!
    Ripped In 30, week 2 --which I like a lot better than week one.
    For some reason I can do dynamic push ups and planks but regular push ups I can't... I think most of my strength is in my legs, not my arms.

Anyway, it wasn't that bad at all. I found it easier than week 1.

The Arab: OMFG, he's a complete psycho, which should come as no surprise considering he tends to get drunk, run around the halls and yell or put loud music at 4am, and then punch walls and furniture (fucking love Quebec).
    This time he takes the cake. We called the landlord a few time already but not much has changed. He's like a dog that pisses on your carpet. He'll stop for a week and then he'll go back to his old days.

This weekend he put loud music at night and we were trying to sleep. Naturally we called the security guard as the landlord suggested. He came. Arab stopped. BUT THEN, once we fell asleep he started banging with what sounded like a hammer on his floor just to wake us up!!! As revenge?! Fuck, I don't even have a logical explanation for this, but he would do it, then stop and we'd fall asleep and then he'd do it again...

Augh! We can't move because we're dirt poor and stuck in a contract and the landlord probably won't evict him... I hate this city, none of this shit has happened to us anywhere... but here, it's one thing after the other. Bed bugs, TWICE! Drunken, inconsiderate people who instead of turning it down at your polite request just start acting worse... (second time...) all these fake, flakey people that pretend to be your friends... And god, even finding an apartment was incredibly difficult... people would either try to scam us or suddenly raise the rent or try to make a haggling war over some old furniture! Each time we were on our way to sign a lease it would turn out they gave the place to someone else and didn't bother mentioning it... it was ridiculous...

Sigh...

The problem is, the Arab kinda scares me. My bf is away most of the day and if he does get evicted he might do something... I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid, but he's really unstable and this is Montreal after all... I just want to survive until we get out of here and that sounds just too good to be true, like something bad is bound to happen and fuck our lives over...

And I didn't use to be like this, but this city has me so demoralized and isolated I almost can't get my head around the possibility of happiness...

Anyway, /end sad rant.

Hope everyone else is handling things better!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    WTF Quebec? Now I feel lucky the worst roommate I had just left fist sized wads of hair after her exceedingly long showers...

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    WTF Quebec? Now I feel lucky the worst roommate I had just left fist sized wads of hair after her exceedingly long showers...
    I'd take any roomate over this neighbour at this point... What's the point of having your own place if you're constantly pissed off and fepressed?

I'm so depressed today I'm not sure I can make myself exercise... It's frustrating cause I'm seeing the results but with everything that's going on I just can't muster up the strength... ;/

[Day 10]

I've been feeling like crap lately. Is it the VLC? I have been craving stuff like honey, which I usually dislike, and berries specifically after a work out. Shouldn't I be craving fat? It's only been ten days and I dose the berries in cream and butter. (Buying from the frozen section is a staple of the poor and lame.)

But anyway, though I experience almost no muscle pain this second week, my performance has been iffy. I just feel tired and maybe a little depressed with what's been going on. So today I weighed myself despite promising to only weight myself once a month, to avoid any undue disappointment, and...

Note that I did it in search for an excuse to GIVE UP and get MORE DEPRESSED...

I've lost 4lbs!

*Does somersaults*
    *Gravity intervenes*
    *Falls face down*
    *Huffs and puffs cause fat*

I've never lost 4lbs in 10 days! On any diet! But then again I am quite heftier than usual ;c
    Could be the VLC and the IFs (these babies can burst any plateau!), though I'm not that LC with all the berries and honey.

Anywho,
    I'm glad I'm making progress but the road ahead seems so tough... After the 30 day ordeal I'm gonna try to add a cheat meat and see what happens, after that I might incorporate more carbtastic veggies like sweet potatoes, and maybe once in a while some almond meal cookies.

Basically, I won't limit myself but what I will limit is exercise, to 3 times a week. I love Jillian and her rumbustious border-lesbian behaviour and hard-core brainwashing that one must exercise 5-6 days a week, BUT I wanna see if I can get good results with just the 3.

My motto has always been 'minimum effort, maximum results' >;D

Maybe I'll do a 40 minute routine, but boy will I be happy to kick cardio to the curb... I've been shopping for strictily-strentgh videos and there are some good ones (few, but there are some). I'm also gonna do like a suggestion box, so if you know of any you can slip your ideas into my slot!

...Wait, WHAT?!

That came out wrong.

I'm open to suggestions, I mean.

CAUTION: TMI in...

I'm cutting out the dairy (mostly) cause it's making me feel like a slowly deflating baloon at a clown pary ;D

Okay, back to whining:
    Feeling crap. Constipated. Low energy. Almost everything I eat makes me bloated for a while. I get weird acid reflux after exercise (I also cough...), I have a ravenous appetite and fasting is VERY hard (low calories?) so I eat really fast when I get the chance...
    Cravings mostly gone but once in awhile I'll conjure up an image of something I want to eat and can't have and that upsets me (cupcakes are my only friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Any ideas as to why?

*Crickets chirping*
    *A roll of hay rolls by*
    *Clocks ticking*
    *A fly takes a piss*

;/

(Why do I insist on raping the English language?! Oh yes. Cause I can. ;D)

Toodles, poodles.
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 11-28-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Trollolololololololololol ahahahaha!

Because why not. Because bed.

Day 16ish?

The two weeks have went along swimmingly.

This week I've derailed.

The cravings were really getting to me (at this point I expected them to stop gnawing at my soul T_T),
    and I thought I was sugar high. I started eating a lot more fruits, and maybe that somehow fucked me up.
    Long story short, I find myself in a mountain of Lindt chocolate wrappers...

;B

(It's captain Tojo!)

I did Jillian's Ripped in 30, week 3, and... "did" being a euphemism here.
    I did it like a beached whale can do the macarana (it's actually gasping for air).
    Week 3, is just not gonna happen for me.
    I need to build my way to it.

'Sides, cardio? Really?

Cardio is just a big troll. It makes your boobs and face wage a losing battle with gravity (and we all know how it's gonna go down), then by the time you get to the weight lifts you're too tired to lift a pencil. It forfeits your entire workout.

Fine,
    Fine,
    I'm also making excuses for eating a box of chocolates (a creme brulee and then 2 more bars of chocolate, in addition to 3 coconuts. All in the span of 3 days).
    But my weight has stalled and I was feeling lethargic and the craving's were killing me.

So,
    new tactic (a.k.a avoiding calling this a failure):

>> More lenient Paleo/ Primal. Seeds, nuts, fruits, meats, fish, veggies, greens, cream (small amounts), greek yogurt, butter, nut oils, EVOO.
    >> One cheat meal a week (I can't do more than 15 days, but 7 is tolerable) [high calorie drink/ dessert/ cheat meal (Either or!!!)].
    >> Still excluding wheat and low fat dairy (these make me feel the worst). Small portions of rice and sweet potatoes are okay for me. Small portions of chocolate, icecream and macarons (don't you love that they're GF?!) don't cause me any issues either.
    >> The DON'Ts: (1) I will not snack between meals. (2) I will not eat in front of the tv. (3) I will keep not keep non-PB foods in the house.
    >> 2 IFs, one of which directly after cheat meal.
    >> 3 days a week of PURE strength exercise, +possible Yoga-like stretch session.

This should be more doable.

So far I've lost:
    4lbs and 1'' off my waist. (Another supposedly from my shoulder circumference but it doesn't make sense to me. I could be measuring it wrong.) In the two weeks I've done the 5xWeek of Cardio/ Strength and strict VLC.

Let's see what happens now!

I got into a biting match with Pocket. I won but now my mouth is full of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Day 16ish?

The two weeks have went along swimmingly.

This week I've derailed.

The cravings were really getting to me (at this point I expected them to stop gnawing at my soul T_T),
    and I thought I was sugar high. I started eating a lot more fruits, and maybe that somehow fucked me up.
    Long story short, I find myself in a mountain of Lindt chocolate wrappers...

;B

(It's captain Tojo!)

I did Jillian's Ripped in 30, week 3, and... "did" being a euphemism here.
    I did it like a beached whale can do the macarana (it's actually gasping for air).
    Week 3, is just not gonna happen for me.
    I need to build my way to it.

'Sides, cardio? Really?

Cardio is just a big troll. It makes your boobs and face wage a losing battle with gravity (and we all know how it's gonna go down), then by the time you get to the weight lifts you're too tired to lift a pencil. It forfeits your entire workout.

Fine,
    Fine,
    I'm also making excuses for eating a box of chocolates (a creme brulee and then 2 more bars of chocolate, in addition to 3 coconuts. All in the span of 3 days).
    But my weight has stalled and I was feeling lethargic and the craving's were killing me.

So,
    new tactic (a.k.a avoiding calling this a failure):

>> More lenient Paleo/ Primal. Seeds, nuts, fruits, meats, fish, veggies, greens, cream (small amounts), greek yogurt, butter, nut oils, EVOO.
    >> One cheat meal a week (I can't do more than 15 days, but 7 is tolerable) [high calorie drink/ dessert/ cheat meal (Either or!!!)].
    >> Still excluding wheat and low fat dairy (these make me feel the worst). Small portions of rice and sweet potatoes are okay for me. Small portions of chocolate, icecream and macarons (don't you love that they're GF?!) don't cause me any issues either.
    >> The DON'Ts: (1) I will not snack between meals. (2) I will not eat in front of the tv. (3) I will keep not keep non-PB foods in the house.
    >> 2 IFs, one of which directly after cheat meal.
    >> 3 days a week of PURE strength exercise, +possible Yoga-like stretch session.

This should be more doable.

So far I've lost:
    4lbs and 1'' off my waist. (Another supposedly from my shoulder circumference but it doesn't make sense to me. I could be measuring it wrong.) In the two weeks I've done the 5xWeek of Cardio/ Strength and strict VLC.

Let's see what happens now!

I got into a biting match with Pocket. I won but now my mouth is full of hair.
    That's actually exactly what I was about to suggest. Congratulations on the inch! K-kitty? :?

PrimalCon New York
    MERRY XMASS!

I've been at my parents and haven't had time to update.

I keep a journal (pen and paper: old school) so I write down everything I eat, when I exercise and when I cheat (what? I don't cheat... 0;3). Obviously I've been eating as Christmas dictates, but I haven't been obsessing about it either.

It's actually more convenient than trying to remember my password for the 1903024th time (I really need to check myself for early onset Alzheimer's...) and logging into MDA to update some imaginary audience.

So I might just pop in once in a while and post progress pictures

or

I might not...

I actually found old notebooks I kept. I was 128 and complaining about how hideous and fat I was... UH THE FUCK!?
    It seems like no matter my weight or all the good stuff that was coming to me I was still unhappy.
    I wanna break that vicious cycle, I wanna be okay with myself now.

I wanna measure my success in strength and accomplishment not a physical ideal propagated by an unseen force, like fashion (which is controlled mostly by homosexual men, not exactly the source of information on female sexuality you'd want to listen to).

For the longest time I've had this fear that I'd gain all the weight back the minute I slipped up. "So, why bother?" I asked myself.

But finding those old notebooks I've realized that it took me a long time to gain all this weight back. A long time and a huge amount of self-destruction. And I mean, stuffing myself silly because I felt upset and worthless. I would go to the store and buy one of each: icecream, chocolates, salty snacks, sugary soda type drinks, pastries and junk food. EVERY DAY!
    I got obsessed with a specific order and specific things I had to "fulfill" on this binge because this gave me some sort of pathetic sense of agency and control.

It's sad, and what's more sad is that now when I'm happier I still have trouble letting go of all habits.

But it's a new year and it's a good time to implement a new lifestyle.

I have no rules anymore, just a reason to strive for something better. Exercise a little, eat well for the most part and enjoy the foods I love once in a while. And never feel like a failure because I haven't done something. Tomorrow is a new day!

Merry Christmas folks and a happy new year full of hope, strength and self-love! <3<3<3

If you want to stay in touch you can always email me: ally.makher@gmail.com