Page 234 of 236 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2351

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 234

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Hey Meaty Good luck with your challenge! We are here for ya. Adorable demon, btw.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! Good luck on the 30 day challenge. BTW...Pocket is rather cute for a demon
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Welcome back! Good luck on the 30 day challenge. BTW...Pocket is rather cute for a demon
    Oh, he's a demon all right. He pounces on unsuspecting people, he bites constantly, he's spoiled, finicky about food (EAT THE DAMN LIVER CAT!) and refuses to be held or petted, unless he feels like getting petted at 6am in which case he'll sit on your face and purr like a rusty chainsaw until you oblige.

Are these not the characteristics of a demon?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hey Meaty Good luck with your challenge! We are here for ya. Adorable demon, btw.
    Why does day 2 feels like day 23? ;D

Naiad, I've missed you! There were times when I really needed an intimate date with that clue bat...

A Long One, I Know... 3 days in 1.

First, my challenge rules. These may seem OCD to you, but knowing the Meaty of olden days you'd realize that I've considerably toned down my neurotics.

30 Day Challenge Rules:

{Do's}
    Drink: Water, Black Coffee, Tea.
    Food: Meat, Poultry, Fish, Seafood, Eggs, Greens, Veggies, Full Fat Dairy, Berries, Butter/ Tallow, Honey (1-2tsp. daily).
    + [24IFs] Monday & Thursday (6pm to 6pm)

{Don'ts}
    NO sugar (-ose), NO potatoes, NO corn, NO rice, NO wheat, NO snacks, NO smoked or processed meat, NO low-fat dairy, NO fruit.

{Exercise}
    Jillian Micheal's "Ripped in 30". Tues-Fri (4 times a week).

And that's all folks!

Some of you might wonder in a Batman villain fashion "Why so VLC-ous?" (or why I make some ambiguous jokes and references? BUT I'LL NEVER TELL!!!!)

As much as I'd love to eat yams and brown rice or even fruit, I literally can't lose weight unless I'm VLC.
    In fact, with VLC I lose maximum 1 pound per week. It's really frustrating because I can gain weight practically looking at something carby...
    No, I don't have thyroid problems. And maybe it's indirectly caused by my abuse of VLC and SAD, jumping from one extreme to another, but there's no real proof that I've found to this.

Also, I have PCOS (haven't gotten my period since... Oh, 8 months now?) and once I get my hormones in check (which happened with Primal before) I might be able to lose weight more steadily.
    In fact, unlike most people my plateau is at the beginning and then the thinner I get the easier it is for me to lose weight. I'm a freak of nature ;D

My goals are really simple:

(1) Get rid of cravings: I hope that after these 30 days I will consider the turmoil and suffering that got me to get rid of them and think twice or thrice of 5 times before I eat something crappy.

(2) Learn to love exercise: People always say exercise doesn't make you lose weight, it's your diet. But lo and behold, I'm a freak on all fronts... The only time I ever remember myself thin or healthy was when I was exercising regularly notwithstanding my diet of the month. I want to get to a point where exercise is a hobbie, where I'm excited to try something new each month. (I know these people, they exist!)

I'm not cutting out dairy because without it I don't see myself being able to do the 30 day challenge. This includes cream, butter, cheese and 10% greek yogurt. Not too bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 1: I had chicken and bacon tossed in butter with some onions and tomatoes. Also made guac from an avocado I found in the fridge. I exercised, if you can call it that... I did 50% of the video (I was tired after arm crosses...) and felt like a fat failure, but this was quickly overtaken by dizziness and wanting to throw up, so I got over it.

Then I had blue cheese sauce with carrots and celery stalks, some berries and cream and a beef soup. I put that blue cheese sauce on everything (my BF made it ;D). It's the only way I'll eat vegetables.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2: Barely slept, but woke up at 12:30 to get to my class. (There was a giant truck drilling something under my window since 7am.) For some odd reason an obnoxious classmate stopped me for chit-chat. I don't like my last two classes, and one of them I can't tolerate at all. The prose class is filled with pompous hipsters and 19 year olds who can barely construct a sentence yet think their input is important to me... I hate having to listen them and I don't like that my teacher spews the same sentence every class "...But is it BELIEVABLE?". [That's what happens when a university cheaps out on getting professors with ACTUAL Phds, and gets all these random writerly types to come in, barely sober, to impart some vague wisdom on students who can barely afford the tuition (no, actually that might just be me)]

/end rant.

Now Student loans from two different provinces are on my ass, and I'm not even fucking done. Fuck, can I get my money back because I don't see how any of the money I spent would aid me in getting a job, yet now I have to pay interest... With what? A pound of flesh?

Anyway, I was freezing talking to this classmate and his oddly dressed chick friend (I think she wore an old prom dress and a cape), about their hipster stories (vomit soup, guy picking his nose, inanimate object interacting) and trying not to inhale cigarette smoke. Then I went home. Had soup, blue cheese sauce and got bitten by the demon (boy, that sounds like a country love song).

Gawd, my body hurts. It's so stiff I honestly don't know how I can do any better than yesterday... Can I please be at the point where I can actually finish the video from top to bottom without stopping? It makes me feel obese (which I guess I am). >;c

Tomorrow is the hated class. Gawd, I hate it... I hate it I hate it I hate it.

The Arab (which will now and forever be called that) upstairs is listening to his obnoxious dance/ trance/ whiny Arab music where a man is moaning like a wounded goat and I have to do my homework for the aforementioned hated class.
    I swear to God, man, the Arab and his friends need to get with the times...
    Last week I heard them singing to Limp Bizkit's "Keep Rolling" (which sounded like Kcheeep Rrrrrrolen rrrrolen rrrolen). It's like if you're gonna be an asshat and play loud music, at least play something decent!

AUGH!

Off to suffer to the voice of Jillian Micheal's. The only part I like about it is that she constantly hits on her female sidekicks... >;D

It's difficult to track this shit down.

So Day 2
    I actually was able to do 85% of the moves and only stopped during circuit two ('running man', push ups and side planks are too difficult).

But then today, Day 3 I totally bombed. I stopped constantly during cardio and I couldn't go down as low.
    But consider the fact my muscles ache so much I can barely lower myself on the toilet and was walking to school like a rusty tinman. I'm also doing a fast today, so my crap effort is appropriate.

How are people who haven't exercised for years supposed to do it 5 times a week as Jillian recommends? She keeps saying, "400 pound people can do it, so can you!" but really? I mean don't they get a day of rest in between? What do you do when you're having serious muscle pains and need to exercise?

So, I'm fasting today. Yesterday I had the usual stuff that's in my fridge: berries, cream, beef soup, blue cheese sauce. And I also ate some sunflower seeds, which are technically off limits, but they only had a bit of salt and I was snacky.

Due to the Arab and the drilling outside my window (thanks city of Montreal, you never seem to dilute my hate for you) I was sleep deprived when I went to class.
    I came home and I just fell on the bed and passed out. I hate fucking up my sleeping schedule but I have no choice, as much as I have no choice to inhale cigarette smoke in my fucking apartment while I exercise.

My bf, who's technically a New Yorker, says in the US we could sue this guy (he also thinks it would be a good idea if the US took over Canada completely >;D).
    But sadly, I live in Quebec, which is a frog-infested twilight zone where inhabitants of that same English speaking country cannot find a job.
    Next time Quebec tried to separate I will vote "Fuck yeah, so long suckers!"

I guess the Demon is not all bad. He tried to save me from the bath water during my post exercise shower. He tried to come inside the bath but was terrified, but he kept trying! A valiant effort for a cat who's morbidly terrified of water.
    Speaking of terrified, he would meow when I was behind the shower curtain but when I opened it to show him I was still there he freaked out.
    I guess me does not equal me covered in soap.

Oh. This is hilarious
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 11-22-2013 at 01:53 AM.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to pipe up and say I too am a freak of nature. Doesn't matter if it's strict paleo or "too much fruit and dairy" primal. And I'm in the army, so you'd think working out would be stupid easy. NOOOOO, it has to be super strategic, specific working out, and then, maybe, I'll lose a pound a week max.

Bluh.

I don't know what a Canadian size 9 is, but living in a country where the sizes actually stop at medium is pretty bad for self esteem too, I feel you.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    (I couldn't watch the whole video.... his kitchen... was so dirty... my OCD... *sob*)

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I just wanted to pipe up and say I too am a freak of nature. Doesn't matter if it's strict paleo or "too much fruit and dairy" primal. And I'm in the army, so you'd think working out would be stupid easy. NOOOOO, it has to be super strategic, specific working out, and then, maybe, I'll lose a pound a week max.

Bluh.

I don't know what a Canadian size 9 is, but living in a country where the sizes actually stop at medium is pretty bad for self esteem too, I feel you.
    Yes, if I lived in Korea my depression would reach new lows. Every time I get distracted by the clothes in Chinatown I have to stop myself from coming in out of fear an old Asian lady will give me a once over and say "Yu too fat".

(In fact, all old grandma types have the same reaction. My grandma saw me on skype and started crying, saying I was obese. Everyone in Ukraine is manufactured to be tall and skinny.)