Page 232 of 247 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2470

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 232

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    The meatballs and tomatoes would cause the oiliness. I hate adding tomato to my soups, but then my soups also tend to be almost solid meals by time I'm done...: /

You found a friend, yey! A baker friend...could be yey! Gluten free baker friend, that could be deadly but yey!

I've done Callanetics. Its very, very specific. Its very easy to mess up the movements if you aren't watching the videos and you will use muscles that you didn't even realize you had. Also, you might have issues moving the next day. Its based on ballet, like Pilates. If you find one, have fun with it. I enjoyed it when I did it.
    Calm the f**k down.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    The meatballs and tomatoes would cause the oiliness. I hate adding tomato to my soups, but then my soups also tend to be almost solid meals by time I'm done...: /

You found a friend, yey! A baker friend...could be yey! Gluten free baker friend, that could be deadly but yey!

I've done Callanetics. Its very, very specific. Its very easy to mess up the movements if you aren't watching the videos and you will use muscles that you didn't even realize you had. Also, you might have issues moving the next day. Its based on ballet, like Pilates. If you find one, have fun with it. I enjoyed it when I did it.
    Yeah, I'm kinda afraid it might be a waste of my time though... Does it actually have the ability to change your body? I doubt it. Still, it's something.
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

My sleeping schedule is effed up.

I woke up bloated today. I don't even get it! I eat perfectly well!
    The weight loss as if never happened, back to my usual alarmingly stagnant scale weight
    Frustrating considering both my calories and my carbs are low enough for me to be losing weight consistently.

Augh, whatever.

Yesterday: 1,671 66 86 153
    (Sparkpeople is lying again. I don't get that ridiculous amount of protein! EVER!)

Also, I'm fairly constipated. Maybe I'm not getting enough fat? Maybe it's the refeed wreaking its havoc?

I'm gonna do some reading about that GAPS diet, even if I can't comply with a lot of the rules, at least I'll have some idea about what to eat.
    It's frustrating to eat according to what I have in the fridge and not necessarily what I should be eating for health.
    I'm not getting any seafood, not eating organ meats, there are never enough vegetables except for potatoes, carrots and lettuce, and fruits only include apples (I hate apples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

The reason I made a gross soup with tomatoes was because that's all I had...

I do have a can of coconut and eggs. I'm thinking of doing a custard but I'm afraid of fucking it up.
    How do you make it without the water bath technique?
    I don't have baking forms and stuff like that either. I usually just take off the handles off frying pens.

;<
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Apples, potatoes, and carrots are rather fibrous, I think. If you really do have a delicate gut (something that GAPS helps with), that is probably too much fiber for your gut to handle. More fat (and water) might help with the constipation, but also making soupy/stewy things to break down the veggies whenever possible could help as well.

Let me know if you figure out the custard. I also do not have nice dishes or ramekins and really want to make custards. I totally failed at making one once, with canned pumpkin, egg, coconut milk, and pumpkin spices. It baked okay, but I hadn't mixed it well enough so it was kind of gross in places. It wasn't until months later that the sickness i felt later was my sensitivity to coconut milk, and not because I'd cooked it poorly. I just cooked it in a (roughly) 8x6" pyrex dish. Fast Paleo Perfect Paleo Pumpkin Pie - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site Something like that. I don't think I used any sweetener. Now I am motivated to try this again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Gurl, apples are vile. And make yo' custard on the stove-top; bam, no water bath needed. And I commiserate on the sleep thing, ugh.

Men are dogs. That's all I'm gonna say. ;x

Bygones.

Anyway... I wasted a whole can of coconut milk. Need you ask?... It's just to be expected from someone who drags around a big, dark cloud above her head.

I found this baking silicon pan (I don't know how to call it. It's round and it's silicon so it doesn't stand... it's just like... rubber!). I put most of the custards there and the other half in the oven.
    Everything was going swell. I added butter to the stove top one, apricots (btw, the apricot acidity makes it taste exactly like cream cheese/ cheesecake. I do not lie) and a spoon of pumpkin seed butter.
    The consist that came out was WHAT A CUSTARDS SHOULD BE.

I'm not sure if there are different versions of custards, but when I'm talking about custard I mean, very gooey, English custard.
    So, I now realize baking it doesn't get me that.

In the oven it was going so slow... and I got sick of checking things. Turned up the heat, a smidge, and they tops burned, leaving the insides to separate and become grainy chunks of coconut goo.
    As if that wasn't bad enough, when I got that crap out, I burned my hand and because the "mold" isn't firm it just all went tumbling down into the sink and they were ALL RUINED.

The stove top custard one made one tiny cup I feel kinda stupid.

Forgot to log in what I ate. But it was the custard and bacon and eggs.

Anyway, my birthday is on the 17 and I'm getting depressed about it... I used to be happy about my birthday!

Since I was depressed an lazy today I ate a bunch of gross potato chips and crepes.
    Now I'm making it a carb day... but I HATE CARB DAYS! THERE'S NO FAT! IT'S GROSS!!

Can anyone repeatedly remind me that eating no fat and no meat is torturous for me? So why would I do it?
    It's just so convenient to reach for ready made stuff. But my cravings are totally gone for it.
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 08-09-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Toooold you to make it on the stove. Also, there are four types of custards that can be made on the stove. Now you know. And I feel you on the birthday times. I was a dickbag and wouldn't let the Pardnah do anything for me and stomped around crankily.

Kinda sick of logging in my food on Sparkpeople. Seems really lame and useless, especially since I don't eat packaged food so I can't even log it in with accuracy.
    Today had some fatty smoked meat, a pickle and a tiny bit of coleslaw. Didn't eat the salad because it was gross.
    Mmm... Smoked meat. My friend had nachos and they did nothing for me. I actually felt bad for her for not having a fatty smoked meat platter.
    Times achanging.

[b]Superb[/b[, you're right. Custard on the stove is so much yummier and simpler. Link me a recipe and I'll be sure to make it when I get my hands on a can of coconut milk!

Trying to plan out my exercise plan when I'm done my exams.

I'm thinking of covering all the fitness aspects. What do we have? Cardiovascular, resistance training, what else?
    I can't sprint because I don't have where (and I'm shy OKAY?!) but I'm thinking of doing callanetics once a week, a dance video once a week (it's actually because I like dancing and for no other reason), and strength (but my strength training program encourages to do it three times a week, so I don't know)... I feel like I'm missing something, but I thought I'd go for a walk too.

So it's 4 things I can do once each week. That way even someone with my finicky attention span can do without getting bored.
    What do you guys think?

*crickets chirping*

Guise?... Guise?... Where did everybody go?... Y_Y

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    flexibility? wait, callanetics, nvm.
    I think you pretty much have your bases covered. Good show.
    Calm the f**k down.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So how did you do this stovetop custard thing?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.