Page 231 of 247 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2469

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 231

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    My calories are all over the place. I still haven't figured out how to stop eating when I'm full. Yesterday I ended up eating 4 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs and drank all the bacon fat and friend tomato juices that were left in the pan. Then I drank some coconut milk ;s I still tend to overeat, and doing that with fat is not very wise.
    I know this feeling all too well :P If I stick to certain things, I can typically stave off diving off the deep end, but it's not always so easy.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sloth?! I wonder what that tastes like.

It's all your fault. I'm watching ANTM. The androgynous chick is HOT. I feel like the UK chicks are much less super-skinny than the US ones. I like it. The cotton candy pink hair is super cute, but I prefer bright for myself.

I don't like coconut oil. Milk, I can stand. Yeah...that laxative effect is useful... Do you like curry dishes? Those usually use coconut milk.
    Muhahahahahahaha!

Azmarie, you mean? Yeah, she's totally awesome.

The Brit girls are so funny and playful. They make the American girls look angry and over competitive.

I like Sophie a lot. She's soooooo pretty! She looks all anime-like. I wanted her hairdo for the longest time.

I love coconut oil! How can you not? I don't get it. I fry up my famous banana omelet in coconut oil. There is also the kind that has the coconut smell removed, so you can use it for meat.
    But coconut milk... EWW. Unless you cook with it, it's just gross. Can't eat that stuff straight.

Do you mean Asian curries or Indian? I made an Indian one yesterday. It was basically pork swimming in yellow fat ;s
    Indian definitely has that laxative effect on me ;s but I bet they put a lot of other crap there to achieve that.

Did you ever make thai green curry? Anyone know how to make it? ;o
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Yesterday's Stats:
    2,092 66 127 161

Holy, flaming, crap. That's a lot.
    Most of my fat was from avocados, coconut milk and butter.
    I made a pork curry, but the coconut milk reduced so much that it looked and tasted like butter chicken.

The protein bit ain't right. I only had a pork chop and a can of salmon. Sparkpeople is so inaccurate.

Bizarre Dream Corner :

Another cool, but bizarre dream.

So apparently I was a missionary hero. I had this hybrid between a sword and a dagger that I carried on my back. It was about the size of my torso (I'm tiny, remember?) and looked like a dagger. And I was walking around my neighborhood finding these hidden caves where I fought monsters with my sword-dagger.

I kept rescuing children from these caves and bringing them back to my motel room (okay this isn't as creepy as it sounds).
    And there were so many! They were trailing me to the motel room, and when I would wake up they were there on the other bed, or on the floor of this tiny motel room and... they were just everywhere. And I had to save more of them.
    So I would go out the next morning and find another cave.

I also had a guide. This old man that stayed in my room and told me where to go. He had some mystical book or maps, I think. He stayed with the children. So when I would wake up and look around the room and see all the tiny children, I would just be like "watch tv until I get back", and he would give me some sort of vague advice about my next journey.

I think eventually I started to wake up, or realize that this is weird. At one place, it was a big mansion I think, I was supposed to kill a vampire (not the pretty, sissy kind we have now. He looked more like Nosferatu), but I got scared. I mean, I think I was scared before when I was fighting other monsters, but this time I doubted myself.
    I thought, "how come it's so easy for me? And I've never fought before."
    At that exact point the vampire Lord jumped out of the darkness and sunk his teeth into me. I think he tore a big chunk of my flesh as well.

I kinda freaked out, but I didn't wanna die (or maybe wake up), so I stabbed him.

The last journey was odd. I think at this point I started to wake up. I was looking for another cave but couldn't find it.
    The world became... ordinary. I kept walking around and couldn't find any caves or monsters.
    Regular people were walking around, it was morning.

I did find the last cave, however. But as I went in and couldn't find anything, I left (this is where it gets weird) and noticed that I was now HOLDING A TAKEOUT BAG WITH FRIED WINGS AND ONION RINGS!!!!!

So, I realized there aren't any monsters anymore... And I became sad. I started eating the food, but I was carrying it to the kids. I wanted to check if there really weren't any more monsters in the world... and if there weren't, what would I do with myself?

I felt kinda lost. Knowing that I can no longer contribute to the world I was really... scared. Like I was losing my identity and significance.

I came onto some sort of Buddhist temple (?!). There were people crowding around and there was some kind of show. I don't remember what it was, unfortunately, just that it was really enthralling and unique. Like, one of the monks was charming a beast and making it sing and dance or something.

I was smiling and I remember wanting to talk to the monks. They seemed really friendly, they were making jokes and everyone would laugh.

Then, when the show was over another monk came out and he approached me and held my hand. Everybody stared at me. And he said "I saw you earlier, when you smiled, you seemed so delicate (I don't remember the exact word he used, it was along the lines of "delicate", "kind heated") and I decided that if I can't be a monster fighter anymore I must volunteer at the temple.

Then I woke up.

Now, can anyone explain to me, what the fuck?
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, your hairs is purty. See, you are progressing and opening up like a lotus flower.

In terms of being emaciated and skinny: I'm pretty sure some people are just like that, and doesn't Mark refer to them as skinny fat? Wouldn't you rather hold your own and be able to do shit than be all waify "help me lift that shoebox" and shit? Also what kind of man is attracted to that? You want to be Bella from Twilight?

Seriously lady, it's better to be able to toss a keg, open a watermelon by squeezing it betwixt your thighs, and bend a shotgun barrel than sit on the sidelines and faint from the exertion of putting up your parasol.

You will NEVER look like this, I promise>

Oh, and friends. I'm afraid I have the same philosophy. I find few people who are worth the calorie expenditure. I am either w/ my husband, sister, mom, or solo. My BBF/only friend just moved to Sweden and now I really have 0 friends. Seriously, there have to be some worthwhile people out there. Somewhere. Anywhere. Right?
    Last edited by me2; 08-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Oooh, your hairs is purty. See, you are progressing and opening up like a lotus flower.

In terms of being emaciated and skinny: I'm pretty sure some people are just like that, and doesn't Mark refer to them as skinny fat? Wouldn't you rather hold your own and be able to do shit than be all waify "help me lift that shoebox" and shit? Also what kind of man is attracted to that? You want to be Bella from Twilight?

Seriously lady, it's better to be able to toss a keg, open a watermelon by squeezing it betwixt your thighs, and bend a shotgun barrel than sit on the sidelines and faint from the exertion of putting up your parasol.

You will NEVER look like this, I promise>

Oh, and friends. I'm afraid I have the same philosophy. I find few people who are worth the calorie expenditure. I am either w/ my husband, sister, mom, or solo. My BBF/only friend just moved to Sweden and now I really have 0 friends. Seriously, there have to be some worthwhile people out there. Somewhere. Anywhere. Right?
    Thank you for that lovely visual ;x

Yeah, too bad all the awesome chicks live in godforsaken places like Colorado ;c
    Otherwise I will be on you like gum on a shoe .

My first carb refeed today:

1,119 C 156 F 53 P 20

To my horror, I just realized I had a vegetarian day. Most of my consumption was fruit, sweet potatoes, GF flan (that smelled like a wet dog) and dark chocolate.

I thought having refeeds would be rewarding, NOT GROSS.
    Who wants to eat fatless carbs? I felt so deprived.
    Chocolate had the majority of fat, but it was so darn sweet.

Not cool, mates, not cool.

I don't think I'll reattempt a refeed again.
    Kinda regret having sugar at all.
    But the scale says I'm down by 2lbs.

Watched Ice Age, laughed. Had fun.

Didn't sleep. Hyper. Listening to oldies but goodies, and would probably be bawling my eyes out if I wasn't high on animal fat:
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 08-06-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Sleeplessness equals manic depression. (I even posted this in Metismomma's journal instead of mine, like an idiot.)
    I get very hyper and anxious, and a minute later everything seems bleak.

I wanna stay awake so I can wake up early tomorrow. I've been staying up at night because that's when I can use the computer, but now I see how pathetic that to revolve my life around a machine.
    I'm not a machine. And I promised myself that my health would come first.
    I can't be healthy if I don't sleep well at the intended hour.

I need to exercise but I'm scared of how useless my body became, and I'm shy because my dad is always around...
    Not sure how to do it with my files on my broken comp.

Refeed done. Back to basics. Back to bacon. Ah, bacon, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

I was musing today while eating it raw about my 2lb drop on the scale.
    It's to be expected to GAIN weight after a refeed, not lose it. I must owe it to what I've done during the weekdays, non?
    Or maybe my calories are too low? (Should I even care. I eat when I'm hungry, I don't when I'm not!)

Gosh, this should be a good thing but it's stressing me out. Now I need to figure out what I'm doing right and how to keep it going.

If I'm losing on VLC, I'm afraid it'll backfire later on (as many, including Mark, have warned). But if I load on the carbs like Paleo for Women and others suggest, I won't lose anything at all...!

Was my last week VLC? 15c, 15c, 31c, 41c. Yep, pretty low.
    But maybe I owe it to the abundance of fat? This time around my food makes 70-80% of my intake; avocados, coconut milk, butter, bacon, nut butters, egg yolks, fatty meat.

Hmm...

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    lol I noticed, figured that, forgave and carried on. Ketosis may or may not make me a little to energetic. I had insomnia when I was in ketosis, but I can't remember if I had it before I started the induction.

Wait, you were eating raw bacon? Not the first time I heard of that, but still... As for the refeed, maybe you needed it. You might want to check out John Romaniello's website when it comes to refeeds aka cheat days(he does it once a week, then has a fast the next day) It may or may not help you but the sight of him trying to down a ginormous bowl of ice cream is pretty priceless.
    I get the shyness in regards to exercising when your dad is around. I'm at a point in my relationship with my husband that I'm not embarrassed to exercise around him but anyone else?(I'm really not embarrassed about much with him, he's pretty much seen every thing) I can't even exercise out in the park without feeling shy. I would be a hypocrite of I said, suck it up and do it anyway. One thing you can do is try to do exercises throughout the day when you have some privacy. For example, squats while you're brushing teeth, in the bathroom. Do a couple pushups when you get out of bed. If all you do is push-ups, squats, lunges and I would say pull-ups but my guess is that you're like me and can't do one yet, so walking, its a start.
    Back to basics. Compound exercise.

That's it for now, I will drop more pearls of wisdom when I'm actually awake and have finished my cup of coffee.
    XD
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    lol I noticed, figured that, forgave and carried on. Ketosis may or may not make me a little to energetic. I had insomnia when I was in ketosis, but I can't remember if I had it before I started the induction.

Wait, you were eating raw bacon? Not the first time I heard of that, but still... As for the refeed, maybe you needed it. You might want to check out John Romaniello's website when it comes to refeeds aka cheat days(he does it once a week, then has a fast the next day) It may or may not help you but the sight of him trying to down a ginormous bowl of ice cream is pretty priceless.
    I get the shyness in regards to exercising when your dad is around. I'm at a point in my relationship with my husband that I'm not embarrassed to exercise around him but anyone else?(I'm really not embarrassed about much with him, he's pretty much seen every thing) I can't even exercise out in the park without feeling shy. I would be a hypocrite of I said, suck it up and do it anyway. One thing you can do is try to do exercises throughout the day when you have some privacy. For example, squats while you're brushing teeth, in the bathroom. Do a couple pushups when you get out of bed. If all you do is push-ups, squats, lunges and I would say pull-ups but my guess is that you're like me and can't do one yet, so walking, its a start.
    Back to basics. Compound exercise.

That's it for now, I will drop more pearls of wisdom when I'm actually awake and have finished my cup of coffee.
    XD

Solid pearls ;P

Yeah, I have my own room. It's just that he tends to annoy me and come into my room and make fun of me ;/

Please explain to me how everything I cook ends up becoming an oily, over-spiced soup.

This time I did make soup but I added no oil. Just beef stock, tomato and meatballs. I couldn't understand where all my salt was going.
    When I was finally happy with it, I left it to simmer. Long story short, my soup "reduced" so it changed consistency altogether.
    It's so spicy and oily now (where did the oil come from anyway?!), it tastes fine but you can't eat a lot of it.

I also might have eaten something with bread. My mom sometimes puts bread into meatballs ;/ I ate one.

I might have found a new (baker) friend! And possibly convinced her to cook gluten free ;D

This is how it's done:

"Wouldn't it be interesting to bake with almond flour? *nom*
    And like, do stuff with almond milk? *nom*
    Have you tried making a panna cotta with coconut milk?" *nom nom*

Eating a lot of fruit. Peaches, apricots, cherries. Carbs around 50ish.

If I can find a CD of Callanetics (always wanted to try), I might start doing it as exercise to build up a bit to do the strength training.

1671 66 86 153