Page 223 of 247 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2470

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 223

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Of course!

Why must we be so dirt poor and so far apart? The world is cruel and Vegan ;<
    Aren't those the same thing?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Aren't those the same thing?
    Yes. My entire writing career is based on my redundant use of adjectives ;<
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Quote Originally Posted by jobjiale205 View Post
    I think he probably had an idea this would happen, given the raging hormones here.
    Sheesh. We're worse than a bunch of teenagers (or better???)...

Well, some of us still have acne and didn't get their period ;D
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

WHAT?!

I've reached my measly monthly goal and several days later I GAIN MORE!

Okay. Confession time:

>> I decided to celebrate after the end of my exams.

>> I couldn't celebrate with the one person who was willing because she still had exams.

>> Yes, I did go have Korean food but for some bewildering reason paying 20$ for something I could have bought for 2$ and fried at home wasn't splurging enough.

>> This was in part motivation for me to actually go outside and walk for at least 30 minutes (the supermarket happens to be that far from my house by foot).

>> My 24h fast was nearing its end when I left, and to be honest I've been eating so little lately that I figured a little crap wouldn't hurt. How stupid of me.

Consuming non-Primal food is becoming literally poisonous. How can this even be? I've been eating this stuff for 2/3 of my life and I was fine (not great but fine). Now I eat a cookie before bed and wake up feeling like someone dragon-kicked me in the stomach (Naiad, what are you doing in my room late night? >;c).

>> Going into the supermarket with an empty stomach and absolutely no craving for any of the shit on the shelves should have been a hint... But no.
    After circling around like a post-apocalyptic zombie (hey, I was looking for BRAINS in the twinky isle, for crying out loud) I reluctantly got some things that I thought *sort-of seemed appealing* to my fat-fueled body.
    You'd think at any point during this endeavor my brain and body would steer me back home with a slab of bacon, but no.

I tried a Mrs Fields cookie. It was disgusting. Since when are these disgusting? Lately processed things really taste artificial to me. I can taste the high-fructose syrup, I can taste the hydrogenated oils. The fake microwavable Chinese food I got I threw out right away. I ate a tiny 1$ cherry pie, which was soggy and not at all what I expected.
    The quiche was okay, but I wondered why I didn't just make an omelet. The yogun fruz shake was lame and sour-tasting.

>> Before I got all this crap I lingered at the healthfood isle. Did you know they make coconut yogurt now? So cool! I was gonna get that and some superfruit jam and that sprouted brain (I never tried it before). DAMN IT, why didn't I?!

Anyway, I feel lethargic, guilty and my stomach is raging war both physically and vocally. I didn't even gain any pleasure from this conundrum and I gained a bunch of weight again.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

This is partly the source of my problem:
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 04-29-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

canio6 Guest
    Seriously, what is wrong with me?
    You're human? I'm not sure there is much you can do about it until the future when our computer overlords turn us all in to some kind of human/robot/cyborg slave race. On a good note, coconut yogurt does sound good.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    When you came last time you didn't even inform you, you bastard.

I.
    "You didn't even inform you", eh?

It was the fall before I went Primal.

Have been meaning to return since... and failing miserably... grad school puts such a crimp in my style.

Going to go crawl under my "rock" aka "crushing student loan debt and excessive course work and schedule" now. ABC ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    "You didn't even inform you", eh?

It was the fall before I went Primal.

Have been meaning to return since... and failing miserably... grad school puts such a crimp in my style.

Going to go crawl under my "rock" aka "crushing student loan debt and excessive course work and schedule" now. ABC ya!
    How you even survive in NYC is beyond me... But I'm sure you'll have a million dollar acupuncture salon for the stars eventually... It seems like a natural part of life in NYC. You move there completely broke, you suffer in poverty and then you become a huge success. It's the cliched story.
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    The quiz is in Paul Chek's book "How to eat move and be healthy." I don't have a scanner or I would send it to you. I could photocopy it and mail it.

Listen to the Paul Chek podcasts on Underground Wellness, like I said.

Yes I have stretchmarks from when I blew up in HS. The white lingering trails. I also have a 6 1/2 inch keloid scar on my right leg that will never go away because I fell out of a tree onto a metal stake and it cut to the bone when I was 14. There's a little scar right by it where they put the drainage tube. Some things you just have to get over. You can still be hot.padma.jpg

I swear to you if you keep up with the copper they will be gone, it may take a year but you will be shocked.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post

I swear to you if you keep up with the copper they will be gone, it may take a year but you will be shocked.
    Did you use it on your stretch marks, and did it work? ;o
    I will try it again when I have money, and I'll rub it on religiously. I did notice I have some weird white spots on my cheek (it seems like nice skin that grew-in amidst the ugly old skin but I didn't think that it was new skin. I thought it was some new type of acne my face has decided to plague me with ;s). Unfortunately it doesn't look good. It looks like white spots on my face ;c

Have you used the green cream? Skin Biology doesn;t sell it, but their resellers do, like DianeYvonne.

What else do you recommend? ;D I'm all ears

kaythanksbye! <3
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah, the wonderful coconut oil!

I truly missed it, and I forgot what a superb substance it is.
    I love coconut oil for so many great things.
    Let me count the ways:

1. It aids weight loss
    2. It helps digestion
    3. It even helps constipation!
    4. You can practically binge on it and you won't get sick or bloated
    5. It's awesome in desserts as well as with meats
    6. You can use is as a moisturizer for your skin
    7. It's pretty ( Coconut Hearts )

Okay, that last one is iffy. But other than that there are at least 6 wonderful things about coconut oil.
    I'm starting to sound like Mark (Coconut Oil Health Benefits).

For some reason I didn't come to this enlightening conclusion until yesterday.
    I even used to hate coconut milk and that grainy coconut cream that has a naturally sweet flavour.
    I couldn't even imagine cooking steak in coconut oil.

But yesterday I was craving something sweet and I was too lazy to go and buy some self-destructive foods (good thing too).
    So I had to work with what I had: year old coconut cream and grainy organic hot cocoa powder that I don't use because it tastes gross without milk.
    I combined the two and put raspberries in the middle, then I rolled them in bitter, powdered cocoa to make decadent truffles!
    They were so good (and unfortunately mostly gone when I got up today, DAD >;c)

Then I had so many and was feeling guilty after having them before bed.
    But today I wake up with a flat stomach, no pain (usually happens when I overeat or eat sugar before bed) and I'm no longer constipated!

I decided to go splurge today, and instead of getting snacks I will later regret (both physically and... err spiritually) I'm going to get coconut oil, macadamia nuts and raw cocoa.

Though I have a confession: I made plans to celebrate the summer (the pathetic version we have in Canada that includes snow, that is) and we are going to have some conventional sweets probably.

I can't believe I just finished the semester and already I have classes. But today's class should be fun: "Horror and science-fiction films". Oooh yeah.
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 04-30-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    -Raymond Peat, PhD