Page 21 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 21

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm easily impressionable and you, my friends, take advantage of that!
    *writes 'bike' under "to buy" list, after 'boxing bag' and 'coyote meat'*

That's a good idea, Lil'.
    I can't help but feel guilty even when I'm cheating on purpose! Then I get those "oh, just one more day to pig out until monday" excuses and that drags weekends into weeks and months.
    But I will use your motto and get back on the horse as soon as I can!
    *sips poutine gravy*

Today I've had popcorn, noodles, ribs and chocolate. And other crap I can't remember.
    'Cause when I eat crap, I make McDonald's look healthy.
    Suddenly I feel like a giant blob every time I look in the mirror. My friend took a picture of me on those kiddie rides at the mall, and I swear to god, the plastic horse looks like it was suffering while I was "riding" it.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Oh man, poutine LOL... I haaaaaad to try that when I was in Montreal, I was like- "Okay, I'll just have 3 bites, to see what it's like, and then toss it out." 7 bites later I forced myself to toss it. Sooooo not on the menu! (But tasty, delicious, delicious evil...)

And that horse was suffering because it knows you watched Twilight. (I mean, frickin' c'mon! vegetarian mormon sparkly vampires???)

HAHAHA!

Totally! My friend was getting pissed off because the vampires and the werewolves have no weaknesses!
    They don't burn in the sun. The don't sleep. They live forever. You can't kill them. They don't melt from crosses or get freaked out by garlic.
    Oh yeah, and the "horrendous" drawback is that they SPARKLE LIKE ****ING DIAMONDS! And perhaps even **** rose petals.

And the entire time I was thinking what a horrible analogy these vampires are to well meaning Vegans.
    Then Bella was like "Dad, you should stop eating steak and have a *I almost threw up at this point* a 'garden burger'"
    At that point, I was about to yell: "*****, eat some freaking food because you're making Edward look ALIVE!"

And don't get me started on the fact that in the first half of the movie Eddie was freaking me out. I mean he looks like a creepy, pale, Crack addict – even in slow motion he could never look even the least bit appealing!
    Jacob wasn't anything interesting either but then he got biceps and cut his hair. Jacob's abs makes Edward's scrawny body pale (excuse the pun) in comparison!

But fine, if she likes the blood sucker than she can do them both. We have polygamy why can't we have polyandry?! I'd vote for that! Everyone's happy. Especially Bella :]

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    The popularity of those books does not speak well for the future of our species.

The more simple the concept is the more it caters to the wide public. Because most of the public is unable to understand anything with a plot that is less suggestive than "guy meets girl. guy loses girl. girl forgives guy. *boobies*".

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Haha, but boobies make everything better!

What are you going to eat this weekend? Maybe you should plan a new primal recipe to cook for the family. Looking forward to it might keep you motivated and it will fill you up so that you won't hit the "candy cigarettes."

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    LOL.. I actually read the twilight books... when my daughter was reading them, but we both agree that Stephanie is a horrible writier, LOL. Too much angst.

Hey, DR... have you read any of Kelley Armstrong's books? i think the first one is "bitten". Werewolves and vampires and totally awesome series. There's like 8 or 9 in the series to date I think... I love them. Also there's a witch series by Kim harrison, and the Sookie Stackhouse stuff by Charlaine harris. Just some thoughts for those that like the vampire stuff that's not written for 13 year olds. LOL

Sigh, Meatie... I'm with you on the guilt. I had a diet coke relapse this past couple of weeks which started on the road trip to San Francisco with my daughter. Me and My Car = CAFFEINE AND ASPARTAME. Sigh... i'm still trying to jump back on that wagon.

Hey at least you've hit the first step of actually knowing what's good and bad for you! maybe it's just going to take some time to kick all of the junk food stuff... there's soooooooooooooo much out there it's crazy!

We need a primal commune where we can all live and cook together and nobody brings that $H** around! LOL

hiokthxbye is offline Member
    Just stopped in to say:

Gets me every time.

Hiok, HAHAHAHAHA!

And Minxxa I agree. I didn't bother reading the books at all and to be frank nothing that appeals to the general public is ever worth the trouble. Maybe it's my rebellious only child syndrome at play, but I even avoided reading Harry Potter or watching the movies when it was a huge craze (though I did later on).
    It makes me mad, as an aspiring writer, that pulp fiction gets so much attention while superb, complex writers get overlooked. It's just not fair!
    I won't start a rant about Hollywood movies but suffice it to say that I prefer Asian horror, old French movies and classic TV series (like the X-Files!). They just don't make'em like they used to!

Besides, if a novel/ movie doesn't comply with the clear cut vampire rules outlined by Bram Stoker and Anne Rice (the garlic, the mirrors, the sunlight) I refuse to give it my readership!

~or something~

*storms off*

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Minxxa, I will have to check those out for sure. I've been lost without any new Laurel K Hamilton "Anita Blake" books to read. Those are definitely not for 13 year olds. There were parts that even made me blush. I quickly realized they're not books to be reading at work- lol. Or at least not where the guys might peek into them. I'd never hear the end of it. Maybe I can use some Kelley Armstrong books to fill in until Hamilton releases the next in her series. I bet my Sis would love em too.