Page 161 of 247 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2469

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 161

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Then I have no idea, but I know I'd be starving half the time and have to give in.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Aww Meaty girl, you're making me sad.

Eat! Live! It's great to have goals and want to be thinner, but it's really not worth torturing yourself over. 1000 calories? Really? I suppose if it's all meat and fat it can be satisfying enough but hell, it takes no time to eat 1000 calories worth of meat.

I just want you to be happy, and to realize how beautiful you are, and enjoy life for what it is, rather than hate it for what it isn't. <3 I get down on myself too sometimes, so I do understand, but then something awesome kicks me in the ass and I realize I'm being an idiot.

Don't make me come up there!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Oh Meat, you must be the biggest masochist I know. You are young and beautiful. Go out there & LIVE. Honestly your twenties are too short to be spent holed up hating yourself.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Don't make me come up there!
    It's been my plan all along

You guys don't get it! No matter how okay I am with how I look, the reality I live in keeps reminding me I'm a freak.
    I have this thin gf who's a model or something (and ex stripper by the way). She's really thin and now she gained some weight and is freaking out cause everyone comments on it. That's Montreal for you though. Even if your face is butt ugly but you're a stick, you could easily find a bf.
    I constantly see guys leering at these sickeningly thin girls on the subway and I wonder if they're counting their ribs or looking for breasts... There's nothing to see there!!!!!!
    If I compare myself to my model friend I look like a whale, and if her bf and friends comment on her weight they'd probably start puking uncontrollably once they see me.
    I also found it funny how she's like "I'm with this girls right now and they're bigger than you", it made me feel morbidly obese, like it's a shock anyone can weigh more than I do.
    I'm also annoyed at all these butterface girls who so easily find bfs just because they're sticks. Or the bfs who look like they'd break if they lifted a weight.
    It makes me feel kinda worthless, especially since I know the ass ain't going nowhere.

I want to not care. And it's not about getting laid –I couldn't care less right now. It's just so annoying, to work so hard on liking yourself and then go outside and have everyone tell you otherwise.
    It's kinda like being the only one who thinks the sky is blue, you can't argue with the rest of the world...

me2, I don't wanna go out anywhere. Where can I go? Clubs? Again, anorexic drunk girls are the commodity there, not girls like me.

Boo, I'm just depressing myself even more.
    I'll get over it. I'll finish school and go back to Toronto where they worship women with asses.

Do you guys get the show "Being Erica"?
    It's about a 32yo single girl from Toronto and how this therapist she has can take her to her past so she can fix her regrets.
    It's shot in Toronto and I always get home sick when I watch it. I also wish I could go to the past and fix things.
    She's also not very thin. She's cute but she's definitely not holywood skinny and it just makes me miss TO. even more.

You guys can watch it here
    http://watchseries.eu/serie/being_erica
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Meaty,
    First of all, it appears I WILL hafta come up there with the big Blue Clue Bat of Doom. Le sigh.
    Second of all, the anorexic look may be hot up there,but most REAL men want a girl who would actually survive sex, and not be broken by the 2nd thrust. The men up there are obviously NOT real men.
    Third (Fourth? eh, I've lost count), Meaty, do me a favor. No, do yourself a favor. Find a full length mirror. If this means standing on the tub to see yourself in the bathroom mirror, do that. Stand naked in front of said mirror. Yes, I said nekkid. Ignore all the parts you think you hate. I want you to find at least 5 thing about your body you love. Extra credit for finding more. Extra credit means I bring spag sauce or chili (both homemade) up there with me with the Big Blue Clue Bat of Doom. Report back with the results. Can't find 5? Too bad, it means you aren't done in front of the mirror. No, I'm not fucking with you. I'm waiting for you to report back. I'll explain why after you report back.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Haha, I know it's bad when Naiad threatens me with the bat of doom.

It's not the problem. I like some parts. Sometimes I even think *gasp* I look fine.
    I ain't got no belly rolls, just an hour-glassy shape. My arms aren't toned and it'd be nice is I had some definition in my abs and legs, but other than that I don't look overweight or anything.
    Then I go outside and I discover I'm usually the fattest twenty year old around!
    -Okay, exaggeration... there are many others but I'm sure they feel as crappy as I do and can't get a date :3
    People are just judgy, it's annoying.

The real reason is I wanna get as fast as possible to that magic number, cause maybe, just maybe, it'll make me like myself.
    Like I thought I'd feel better at 133, but now I'm here and it's even worse.

Week 1 Results: 134.2-133.8= 0.4lbs; 36.5-28.5-36.5

-0.4lbs is pretty freaking lame. I'm not sure if I've lost half an inch from my hips and waist or I measured it wrong. Even though the instructions technically say I need to measure my waist at the smallest point and that would be the smallest point... I'm not even sucking my stomach in like I did last time.
    Measured my thigh too, 1'' lost.
    I measured a few times... I kinda didn't eat yet so I probably haven't lost any weight. Just maintained.
    I measured my BF%s and LBM via different tools.
    Haha, one of them said this:

"Percent Body Fat:**
    25.7%
    Lean Body Mass:**
    99.3 lb

Your weight is in the normal range.
    You do not need to lose weight.
    Minimum caloric requirements: 1721 Calories per day
    Your diet should contain at least 67 grams of protein per day."

Yeahr right!

The other one said: LBM: 99.1956, BF%25.8

So both methods have completely different indications.
    According to the first method I've lost fat and gained lean body mass.
    Which, according to my new fitness manual, is: "This is very unlikely to happen, except for genetically gifted individuals (the pure mesomorph) and sometimes for ectomorphs who have highly efficient metabolisms. If it
    does happen, terrific!"
    –yes... that's very unlikely.

According to the other method I've lost lbm and my bf% stayed the same.
    Manual says: "When you lose LBM and your body fat does not decrease at all, this usually means
    your metabolism has slowed down and you are burning up muscle for energy; you are not in fat burning mode. This often occurs when you skip meals. Losing lean mass means
    that you need to eat more to stimulate your metabolism. Don’t be afraid to eat, and keep
    up your meal frequency to five or six times per day."

Pretty freaking confusing, right?

I really don't know... I need to think about it.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    If where you're living at is so insane and damaging to your body image, have you considered moving? I know it seems drastic, but your self-esteem seems to be at stake here.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ok...

1) Nobody is more judgy about you than you. Seriously. Nobody's more judgy about me than ME! Everybody's stuck in their own little self-obsessed worlds and don't give a crap about anyone else around them. Those that do give a crap about you fall into 2 categories. They either love you for YOU, or they don't love you for you, in which case they don't matter.

2) A number won't make you happy. Not 133, not 130, not 120, not 118. You have to be happy without a number. Be happy for a good cup of morning coffee and a book. Be happy for a cute new pair of shoes. Be happy for swinging on the swingset.

Think of all the people out there worse off than you- and there are billions of them. I know this sounds awful but... there are some butt-ugly people out there, who are perfectly happy. Why aren't you allowed to be happy in all your beauty? Because they don't compare themselves to other people. They're the best people they can be and if anybody else on this mud ball doesn't like it, they can suck rotten pickles.

You're not that anorexic-looking waif that probably couldn't lift a brick if it fell on her empty little head. You have, by your measurements, amazing curves. Those babies are POWER. Use them!

And hun, when it comes to guys, being confident and passionate about life is far more attractive than the smallest jeans at any store.

Stop comparing yourself to people that don't matter. Hell, stop comparing yourself to people that DO matter. Life is too damn short to be miserable. Be you in all your charm and beauty, and tell the rest of the world to kiss your ass if they don't like it. Maybe you need to be a little more narcissistic.

Seriously, if that place is so bad for your self esteem, get down here. I guarantee seeing the folks here at Walmart will make you feel tons better.

Haha, Danish I love ya, you make me giggle like a school girl who just tried pot.

Alright, I'm convinced. No comparing. Can't promise to love myself, but I can promise to try.

I think I need to keep reminding myself it's only been a week, so no dramatic results can be anticipated.

Hey, Danish, that girl from Shred... Anita... She's got the PERFECT body! Did you see her abs? She's so freaking pretty! I always stare at her hoping I will one day look like that Y_Y
    Oh right, no comparing...

I didn't have much food today because I'm not hungry.
    Some fatty pork cubes, 4 dark chocolate squares (I'm proud that I told myself no and stopped before I ate it all), cherry tomatoes, tea.

I'm pretty proud for CONVINCING myself to do Shred because honestly I couldn't lift myself up.
    Once I was done Shred I thought how stupid it would be to eat 500 calories a day (yeah, 1,000 was the maximum, for those weighing over 200lbs...)
    I don't want the emaciated look, I want to be up there with Jillian and the girls who look fit and work hard.
    If I eat 500 calories there's no way I could do what they do.

So, I did Shred. In the nude :3
    Looked in the mirror. Cried...
    Got over it.

To take my biggest role model's advice (Danish :P)
    My two and only goals are:
    1) To exercise 5-6 times a week
    2) Treat myself gently and lovingly

See ma, no numbers!!!

<3

And EAT!

Seriously girly, I'm finding myself eating no less than 1900 calories a day (my best guess) and as much as 2600, and OMG I feel so much better. I actually find myself overly-warm at work instead of freezing to death, and I have literally energy to burn. (No "I told you so's" please. I hate admitting when I'm wrong.) The scale, however, hasn't budged but that's OK because my worth isn't determined by a number on a scale or the number inside my jeans.

I want you to repeat that.

"My worth isn't determined by a number on a scale or the number inside my jeans."

Love you to pieces Meaty! Ain't none of us perfect but at we can at least lean on each other and remind one another that we can't listen to all the garbage we see in magazines, on tv, and worst of all... in our own heads. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, so BE beautiful.