Page 153 of 236 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2351

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 153

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    it1958, I just mean I understand PB and the science behind it; the role of insulin, the fat as fuel concept... I'm not a self-proclaimed guru, but people seem to ask me things and I seem to be able to make sense in my answers.
    [But by no means, am I encouraging reliance on my logic if you have access to the father of the Primal Blueprint, Mark Sisson, or other more successful and otherworldly forumers. My "knowledge" was acquired through trial and a ton of error :]

I'm down with PB, but ZC is a whole new territory. Since you're on top of that maybe you should explain things to me! :P
    How do you deal with the boredom of the diet?! Do you freeze meet? What's going down?
    Did you switch to PB now? (better yet, I might quiz your further with a private message, making you regret to ever step into my journal )

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Oh, Darth, ignored you for a sec there.
    We have this place called David's Tea, you go in, you stick your face in a giant jar of loose tea, you die, you're reborn, you buy the damned tea in grams, you come home, you drink it, you die, you're reborn... etc.
    There are also hot girls with trays walking around with tiny tea cups begging you to have some... :P
    All I'm sayin' is, you need to be here :P

t?
    S'okay Meatzza. You drink tea now, you are washed in the brew of the leaf... or some hippie jesus sounding crap...

and yes, I need to be in Montreal... which is exactly why I started grad school for a profession I will only ever be able to practice in the US, or maybe Toronto...but never in Quebec, because of zee franch.... bah! Hot girls+tea sounds like my scene.

As for sadness/gaping abyssseses.... I think I felt that way from about aged 5 to some where around 32 or something... with frequent flurries of HATE/RAGE/SMILEY/HAPPY/KILL.... are you remembering to breathe? It helps. (So does devouring the souls of infants, just sayin'...) It went away when I realized that I am far too busy to care about being alone. Who has time for other people, I'm fucking awesome.

Hope you start lovin' pork again! (I eat so much grass fed beef that pork is like my vacation.)

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That feeling of infinite sadness over a world you didn't create is why my stories are usually set in a dystopian future. Think Dark City meets Blade Runner meets Brave New World. When you come up for air out of one of those stories, that sadness isn't quite as poignant.
    Nice naiadknight.

I pretty much based my world view on the movie's Videodrome, They Live, and Dark City. I've just added Blade Runner, and Time Bandits for balance as well.

Great... So by 32 I should be good, right? Y_Y

10 more years and I'm peachy.

Fuck. My life is wonderful.
    I just walked for 15 minutes to the metro and remembered I didn't remember to get my pass.
    Fuck fuck fuck mother mother fuck fuck.
    My teacher 1. hates me already cause I missed 9 classes in the last semester 2. gave me a C+ after I made up an excuse (that is touching) because she "cut me some slack" (gee, thanks) 3. even though my work gets A+s I will still fail this course if I don't show up.
    Oh and she marks people absent if they're late... SO... I'm fucked.
    Who's fucked? I am.
    Hard.
    Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggg.......! I'm so anrgy at myself and life...!

I wish this day was over.
    I wish I didn't have to come to class just to listen to people talk about my story.
    My story is lame. No one gets it. I mean, it's so easy to crap all over something you didn't slave to create... Why do I have to be there when that happens?
    I'm not ready for this.
    I wanna be lied to a little bit more.
    There's Santa Clause in the world, right?

*hyperventilates into a bag*

I didn't eat for a few days. Maybe I should eat.

My ears are cold.

Bye.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    ... My "knowledge" was acquired through trial and a ton of error :]

I'm down with PB, but ZC is a whole new territory. Since you're on top of that maybe you should explain things to me! :P
    How do you deal with the boredom of the diet?! Do you freeze meet? What's going down?
    Did you switch to PB now? (better yet, I might quiz your further with a private message, making you regret to ever step into my journal )
    LOL! I should probably spend more time reading your journal before answering but I've got to get back to skool myself.

I've been eating "primal" for about 10 months (wow... 10 months. ha!). Since I'm following Bee Wilder's candida program, it means no: sugar, dairy, starch, grain, fruit.

In the "beginning" (of my "fitness" journey), I wanted to get lean. I was on my way the first 6 yrs of the journey but things started to fall apart. I migrated to Bee's pgm, which turned everything on its head (going from SAD to Primal). So it's been a new journey but very interesting! I, too, have learned much and had many errors.

We've been blessed with a half beef twice in the past year. We just got a whole pig, so it's all in the freezer, yes.

Boredom? I'm too busy to be bored. And I'm looking at food totally differently. While a while ago, I wanted something to make my tongue happy, now I know that I need to bathe my whole self in the proper nutrients. And that's what I get when I follow a primal way of eating.

So, I still want to get lean, but first and foremost now is to get HEALTHY. You're so young and I've only read two of your threads so I don't know all you're dealing with (health-wise). I can only pray that you will stick with this to heal and stay healthy.

At this time, I'm eating twice/day. Eggs, meat, veggies (not ZC, but usually under 20g). I've got lots to read and a family to care for; it keeps me busy and food is fuel.

All the best to you! Good luck on your book! I'm sure it is NOT fun having something you've written criticized by fellow students (who don't know any more than you know); I hope it is a learning experience for you and that you grow from it.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    OMG! Just finished a short story. It's due like, a week ago... It's 4,165 words and... I'm proud.
    I like it.
    I think it's good.
    I feel like a glowing woman after child-birth. I've created something!
    Although come Wednesday people will have to discuss it in front of me... :X scarrrrrryyyyyyyyy
    Congrats on finishing your story!

I wish this day was over.
    I wish I didn't have to come to class just to listen to people talk about my story.
    My story is lame. No one gets it. I mean, it's so easy to crap all over something you didn't slave to create... Why do I have to be there when that happens?
    I'm not ready for this.
    I wanna be lied to a little bit more.
    There's Santa Clause in the world, right?

*hyperventilates into a bag*

I didn't eat for a few days. Maybe I should eat.

My ears are cold.

Bye.
    How was it??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I... Uh... Kinda didn't go anywhere.
    But I finished all of Buffy!

I am so fucked. But I don't wanna think what missing my own story presentation would mean.
    La la la la ... not thinking about it... la la la... screwed and don't care....

I freaked out.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    oops.

but yah on the buffy!
    Last edited by jrherring; 01-12-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hey Meaty. Just taking a break from being a cranky pants and thought I'd stop in and say Hi. <3

On the bright side... it's Friday!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Happy Friday, Meatie <3<3<3