Page 152 of 236 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2351

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 152

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have hear he was a douchebag(not in those words, but it was implied)
    Pfft, you are young enough to change everything and anything about yourself. Will you stay ZC? Who knows. Do you need to? Who knows? Only person who can say is you.

Meanwhile, I wish I could be zc I really need to go grocery shopping, I ran out of meat!
    Calm the f**k down.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    OMG! Just finished a short story. It's due like, a week ago... It's 4,165 words and... I'm proud.
    I like it.
    I think it's good.
    I feel like a glowing woman after child-birth. I've created something!
    Although come Wednesday people will have to discuss it in front of me... :X scarrrrrryyyyyyyyy

Yesterday I had salmon.
    I'm getting addicted to tea.

Confession: I had a bout of badness a few cookies, nut butter, banana and orange. Then I was puking rainbows :/
    This ZC thing is making me so fucking sensitive! Geez!

<3

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Well hey there rainbow puking lady.

Which kinds of tea are you becoming addicted too?

I am mildly jealous, you have more tea houses than I do to choose from.

Awesomeness on the short story, very happy for you. A friend of mine just published her second young adult novel, I love hearing about people's creative successes. (And yes, just finishing a story counts as success.)

Warm wishes, tea jealousy and rainbows of vomit Meatball.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I'm about to crash in my big fuzzy bed, but first I really wanted to stop by and say congratulations! That's quite an accomplisment. It's fantastic, I know it. If your journaling has taught us anything, it's that you have an amazing knack for writing, and a brutal sense of humor. <3

May I read the story? Pleeeeeeze?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    So proud of you! What is your major? That is such an accomplishment. I had a minor in creative writing so I feel your pain about the class critique. Oh so hard, & the classroom breeds hypercritical responses. I'm sure they will love it as you are clearly a wordsmith.

Glad to hear you are doing so well on the new plan, though I would advise against saying, "Never." Doesn't it seem that if one tries to suppress something it makes it worse?
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Sure, Danish! You can read it any time!
    I sent it to a bunch, but no one responded :/
    I guess I'll get enough of that on Wednesday.

Yes me2, I'm a Creative Writing major
    I will also have to write a play by... yesterday Y_Y
    Wordsmith... laughs! :P

Totally got bored ZCing. So I calorie cycle now.
    It works wonders... the weight comes off fast. 3-4lbs a week, such a difference from PB...
    I think it's psychological... feeling restricted makes me want to break all the rules.
    If I'm not doing any challenges I naturally eat VLC.
    I had a carb day today with nut butter and some fruit, then a giant pork chop.

I'm getting really sick of pork :/

I'm really sad lately. Feeling an indescribable emptiness. I don't feel like I can trust anyone, or have anyone I really love. It scares me a little.
    I kinda get caught up in imaginary worlds (i.e Buffy-verse or story writing)... but the magic fades.
    I think I'll eventually get used to being alone.
    I always do.

Just have to work out through the initial flu

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That feeling of infinite sadness over a world you didn't create is why my stories are usually set in a dystopian future. Think Dark City meets Blade Runner meets Brave New World. When you come up for air out of one of those stories, that sadness isn't quite as poignant.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    ...I couldn't live completely carnivore but ya know... it's really nice not worrying if I don't have veggies at every meal, or even every day.
    Hi Diana - I've enjoyed reading your posts; shows you are knowledgeable and friendly!

Anyway, for what its worth, Bee Wilder highly recommends eating only protein and fat. I followed that way of eating for a while and simply LOVED it! How fab not to have to even COOK veggies!!!

But some kind soul reminded me that there are nutrients in those veggies that my body still needs and they are not BAD for me and they really don't take THAT long to prepare... so I've added the hateful veggies back in (but, since it's Bee's pgm, most are well-cooked; not much raw for me...).

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post

ZC Troubleshooting:
    1. Fat and indigestion. ZC requires adequate amount of fat. Too little will starve your body and make you lethargic. Too much will make you hurl.
    I'm not sure what a perfect amount is yet (oh, boy I predict many nights of feeling queasy before I find out) but 80% is way too much.
    Next time I'll try for 60%.
    Hi! Yes, if you are not used to "high fat", you will need to work in to it a bit more slowly, it sounds.

I recall being told, when I first began my "high fat, low carb" way of eating last August ('09), to fry some bacon, take bacon out of pan, add butter to pan, fry/scramble a couple of eggs, pour all of eggs and fat out of pan on to plate with bacon and eat/drink every last drop. Uh, a bit too much too soon. I was SO sick the rest of that day (and I did it for meal one so i had most of the day to try to recover; NOT!)...

I remember people telling me to eat a stick of butter a day on ZC and I couldn't do it. Now, even when I know how things work (enough to explain it to others, at least)
    Would you explain it here, then? I've had this thread open on my desktop for a few days, while reading other threads in between... I thought I'd started at the beginning of yours but now feel like i'm missing something...

So I'm interested in what your concept of ZC is, what your goal is, how you're determining your ratios or percentages or however you are measuring (for protein, for instance).

Thanks! (and, ya, I recall going to one of those forums and just being yucked out. all their knowledge was not worth having to wade thru the crud. Appreciate the wholesomeness here!!!)
    I don't know if it's a good idea because my first impression is that it's full of men who have inappropriate avatars of naked women or the include moving signatures of soft core lesbian sex. And that the oldest posts are from 2009... :/

Wish me luckage! [/QUOTE]

PrimalCon New York
    Oh, Darth, ignored you for a sec there.
    We have this place called David's Tea, you go in, you stick your face in a giant jar of loose tea, you die, you're reborn, you buy the damned tea in grams, you come home, you drink it, you die, you're reborn... etc.
    There are also hot girls with trays walking around with tiny tea cups begging you to have some... :P
    All I'm sayin' is, you need to be here :P

For all those who want to read my story and rip it to shreds out of constructive courtesy (which will also be done tomorrow... by 20 people from my class), please send an email to: ellen_makher@yahoo.ca, with the subject: "Story. Now. Thanks. Bye"
    I guess, I should get used to people reading my stuff and hating/ liking it. I could use some opinions because I'm not sure if I'm good at this yet.
    I want to get it published by offering it to a magazine and then getting rejected seems... unbearable right now.

Bone, it's not so much a guy... I mean, I miss the sex not the bullshit of a relationship. I definitely have some trust issues and body-image stuff that needs to be addressed before I can be comfortable with being nude and then sticking around for the aftermath.
    I'm deeply unhappy even though it doesn't express itself (I know because I become obsessed with the lives of made-up characters who talk about their feelings, are strong and have people who love them). Probably because in my experience friendships have expiration dates.

It's kinda like what I experienced when I just moved here. Eventually I did get used to being alone and I was totally fine with it, now I just have to go through that again. Kinda like abstaining from drugs

Definitely falling into old habits here...
    I've missed two days of classes when I know it will massively affect my grades (it did last semester), I just don't want to deal with reality. Every time I think about it, I freak out, and I'd rather numb myself with other people's problems and not think.

On the food front:
    Pork pork pork... I'm so fucking sick of pork.
    My parents freeze everything and I hate the after taste of defrosted meat. I'm becoming so picky with food.
    I have fruit and hazelnut butter but it doesn't satisfy me.
    I know I want something meaty and fatty but all I have is goddamn pork!

Can this week be over?
    Can I get my fucking loan so I can do my grocery shopping?
    Who wants to write a play for me?... Y_Y

I weigh myself every day now. I should stop.
    It's not possible for a banana an orange and some nut butter to make me gain a pound right? right? right?