Page 133 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2469

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 133

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aaaaw, Kev, you remembered :] that's why I <3 you, I'll send you the Spin for free when I get a job there

*unicorns fly and smell flowers*
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

D, you recognize my tone without hearing it. I tell ya, we're psyCakes :]
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    D, you recognize my tone without hearing it. I tell ya, we're psyCakes :]
    You guys are Psychic Sidekicks
    I just had to use that.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    No, Kuno, Psydekicks. *bad pun groan here*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Bah-DUH-duh

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    WHA?! Do it lady! & lemme live vicariously through you!
    Don't hold your breathe :/ it ain't happening.

I'm such a failure.
    I attempted to make what I thought were super easy Almond butter bars but the edges are burnt and the middle is soft.
    They keep crumbling every time I try to lift batter up.
    I'm never baking again

What I had today?
    - leftover chicken
    - left over steak
    - cucumber and pickles
    But the food was bad! I thought I'd make up for it by making the nut bar thingies but that was a fail :/
    This is not my day.

It's raining and so cold! The weather changed in a day!

I slept all day, as usual, now I gotta do my homework.

Hope your Friday is better than mine

Augh, I also tried to make macaroons and they're burnt.

I need to find a man who cooks or I will not survive.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I like being psyCakes But only if we can be cheese psyChakes.

Baking is somewhere between an art and a science. It's one of those things that takes a little bit of practice. I'm still a paranoid baker. I'm at the oven, checking every 3 minutes. Part of the trick is knowing your oven. Some run hotter than others, making your temperature just a bit off. That might be the problem you had, in which case just knock the temperature down just a tad. It's weird, but not all ovens are the same. Hell, altitude can make a difference too. Don't ask me how, but I know it can cuz I've seen it on packages of CW food- LOL

Keep trying and experimenting. It never turns out perfect. It's the process that's fun.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Baking without gluten is tricky I've attempted many a recipe and had awkward results. But never give up!

Late Night Munching:
    some raw cheese,
    cashew butter,
    and bitter betrayal.

EEEEW!

I was leisurely licking my nut-buttered spoon, trying to watch King Corn (sucks, by the way, those dudes completely missed the fucking point. It's like "ooh look at all the corn in our food!" *eat more corn*) and I look at the back and it says "roasted cashew, sunflower oil."
    WHAT THE FUCK IS SUNFLOWER OIL DOING IN MY FUCKING CASHEW BUTTER?!

That's disgusting! I thought I could trust this brand so I didn't read the label. Got it from the organic shelf. Should have known better, it's where the Vegan cheese is. (Why the hell would you want to make a frankenstein cheese, doesn't the word associate with helpless cows that have been milked to produce it? Keep eating your grass and stop trying to make foods that pathetically imitate ours!)

-end rant.

I was also quite obsessed with Nora Gedgaudes (and proud of the ability of spelling her name), so I've been listening to her -badly done but at times- interesting radio podcast. She had Sally Fallon on there, which we all love and respect, right kiddies?
    Anywho, she has a really rare talent, that I share –talking a lot without saying anything particular.
    Most of the time I'm not sure what she's talking about (usually neurofeedback) because while she's passionate about it, she never explains what it is only what it does.

I still bought her book *ahmandsomedegrassidvdsahm* (cough) and from listening to her podcast I developed paranoia.
    She says you can't even eat a little bit of junkfood *guilty* and that any insulin spikes are not cool at all. Fruits aren't cool either (they're not en vogue )
    PARANOIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Basically, zero-ish carb. And in my usual excitedness I was gonna forsaken y'all and run back to the sadistic embrace of the ZC forum (if you've been on it, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout). Then I thought of fruit... I have this instinctive association of zero-carb with the 'thirst' I felt for fruit. Now I don't know if it was the sugar junkyness but every-time I passed by an Orange Julius my throat would dry and I'd have withdrawal symptoms or som'in'. (I type like a ghetto thug late at night)
    So I don't knoooooooowwww.......... I'll wait for the book to arrive.

I should be studying but instead I'm watching some stupid Yankee movie.

Night Yankees.