Page 12 of 247 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 12

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Yeah. All too often I go against my gut and listen to society's impetus . I regret every time, so no more.

And I can't help it - I usually catch up on my MDA before bed, and your boundless enthusiasm and youthful exuberance just tire out my grumpy old bones.

Coconut oil is awesome, in every way imagineable. If they ship to Canada, I recommend Nutiva. Cheapest and best tasting I've had. I get it by the gallon.

I do tend to give a lot of unasked for advice. Its just my nature. By all means, if I'm being obnoxious tell me to shut the fuck up.

At any ratw, really hoping your skin issues start resolving soon. They're no fun, I know.

Complete aside: are you a Tool fan?

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I will never tell you to shut the fuck up. I love your advice :]

Yes, I'm a Tool fan! But there was a time where A Perfect Circle were my favourite band EVER! Probably at 16. I had a thing for Baldy (their bald guitarist), I would watch their videos and kiss his bald head. My friend liked Maynard and we'd always argue :]

I can't believe I forgot his name... Brian? He was in Tool too. They both were.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

There's hope for the great frozen wastes north of the Bronx yet. You're not an Oasis fan.

From the liner notes of a Frank Zappa album:

Ridiculously Difficult Parts: Frank Zappa.

Impossible Parts: Steve Vai.

Skin condition is sometimes linked to Liver issues. I had unfun acne when I was a teenager, but it pretty much stopped. Although I still get the occasional zit from time to time. Not sure what woud help out, but I can empathize.

Congrats on getting your flo' back. Now quit dancing around so much or it'll look like a jackson pollack...

Ya, all right there Jenny from the block...

You probably listen to My Chemical Romance and think you're cool :P

Hahaha... like some girl once described it "a death by samurai scene"

Not to disrespect Vai, but have you seen Michael Angelo Batio?

That guy's hands move 800 miles an hour!

I'm sure he keeps his lady is happy :]

ChrisJ is offline Member

If you're into Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Pink Floyd, then I can't resist the urge to flog one of my favourite bands here.

Look up Rishloo, they're still pretty small, but they write awesome music. Almost all of their latest album - feathergun - is on last.fm, I highly recommend that you listen to it through. twice. come back and tell me what you think their previous album, Eidolon, has come closer than any other to tickling my Tool taste buds.

The beginning:

http://www.last.fm/music/Rishloo/Feathergun/

Michael Angelo Batio is particularly awesome. The first time I saw his double guitar solos I think my face was literally melted.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Billy Howardell. Saw them back in the 2000 tour (first of 3 times I think?) With Snake River Conspiracy. Amaaazing. My best friend at the time got hit in the eye with one of Billy's guitar picks. Still has it. Sigh.

I recently just started listening to maynard again. after being on a really big classical/opera kick (I sang in a choir and was taking operatic voice lessons, don't judge me :P) and I've fallen madly in love with his later stuff (10,000 Days and eMotive). Can't believe I didn't like it before! started getting back into System of a Down and RatM too... its like being back in highschool again! Except I understand the music now and it drives me outta my fucking mind with anger. Quite interesting how songs like Vicarious make me emotional these days :P

I know its in here somewhere, but I've been internetting primarily on my phone for the past 2 weeks and its horribly inconvenient: how long has it been since your last period?

Yes, I ask all the pretty young twenty-somethings questions like that. Maybe that's why I'm still single.

Going to have to check out that Rishloo band when I can get my netbook to a coffee shop.

ChrisJ is offline Member

RatM? Now I'm judging. Never could understand the appeal there. System are pretty good though.

Vicarious is an incredibly emotional song, as is the whole album, I love 'Wings for Marie / 10,000 days', as well as 'Right in Two'

If you want a good intro to Rishloo for a stint in a coffee shop, listen to the track Downhill, it's a good place to start.

http://www.rishloo.com/downloads

Legal download, straight from their site

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

@NosaladwithoutMeat: wow, You'd learn oasis? Now I know you're seriously committed to this. Ohhh, the sacrifices we make. I was playing Right in two on piano yesterday, thought of you darlin.

To change your avatar, go to gravatar.com, login, 'add an image', and pick a rating. Probably a good idea to keep things G-rated on mda, btw

For my trip, I'm scraping together the sad remains of my student loans. I might not have a job by the end of it either, but I'm taking the risk (we can be jobless together). I just need a travel bud! No worries, I'll stop by Montreal in search of rabbit and korean bbq.

Good to hear about your monthly present coming back?! When I was irreguar, I didn't even miss it (freedom, at last!). But its 'healthier' to be regular, I suppose *curses god*

I've always enjoyed the intensity of Rage.

Zack's voice is interesting, the lyrics are quite good, and the instrumentals are fantastic. Tom Morello is an absolute fiend - very glad I got to see him play with Street Sweeper Social Club (mediocre overall, but Tom was fun to watch) during the NIN/Jane's Addiction tour last summer.

I'm a sucker for politically charged music. I'd argue that SoaD is a very similar beast, with instrumentals that aren't quite as clever but much better singing and more diversity in the song writing. Both bands consistently make me want to dropkick people in the face, and that's what its all about I think.

I adore Right In Two, really, really deep. Right now I'm kind of obsessed with Vicarious/Jambi and Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. I really love albums that actually have a flow to them - I really cannot justify listening to 10,000 Days on shuffle. Reminds me of the Wall, and how most of the tracks were made with the beginning of the next song at the end of the track previous. Heh.