Page 112 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2469

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 112

laquat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    simple is good. i am currently trying to do the same thing (quiet all my overactive thoughts of possible failure and negative body issues). your laws are perfect, simple, but also a challenge. good luck! or wait, no luck is needed... good perseverance!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Just checking in to list my food intake.
    Yesterday I had Durian for the first time.

Ew, ew, ew, ew double ew!

And the smell is fine. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I actually like the smell, even though after a little bit of ripening in the sun it's reminiscent of rotten onions.
    The taste is... Ew!
    It's too sweet, and has a mix of strong flavours that can only be matched up by a mix of flavours you'd find in a garbage bag.
    Boiled onions, fish, rotten bananas... I don't know!
    It was gross and I was disappointed because it took us a while to open it (me and two of my friends took it to the park in the middle of the night and cracked it open with a knife. The fruit inside was hard earned, but so disappointing. (We all felt a little sick after :x)

We ended going to Dunn's for a late-night snack.
    I got a bacon burger.
    I also had a salami stick, and another cut of deli meat (it was 3 pieces in total, we all shared it as an appetizer because we were hungry).
    The salads we all ordered were pathetic, so we stuck to pickles and coleslaw.
    I loved it how we all put the bread and buns on a lonely pile in the middle of the table :]

I can't say this enough. It's awesome to have primal friends. It's a real connection, an understanding.
    I also love it that for a chance, I have friends with who I can talk all night without getting bored, or even spending any money!
    Most times we all sit in the car and talk about random things. Our feelings, our families, our problems - stuff just pours out.
    It's this intimacy that I always wanted... made me a little happy :]
    All right... a lot :P

So, yesterday:
    -> roasted duck
    -> dry garlic ribs (but they had honey sauce on them! I didn't know that when I ordered)
    -> some durian, unfortunately
    -> a shit load of lychees (those things are addictive)
    -> pickle
    -> mayo
    -> burger (med-rare) with crispy bacon
    -> avocado milkshake with coconut (we made a random Chinese lady at the bubble tea place make it for us without sugar)

Today,
    -> roasted pork (oh lord!)
    -> a shit load of lychees
    -> a ton of banana chips
    -> leftover roasted duck and roasted pork (in ghee!)
    and *drum roll* coconut icecream (so delicious!)
    -> tea

OMG! Coconut icecream tastes AMAZING!!!
    Remember how I said I can't completely let go of dairy... Well, now I can finally relenquish dairy's sinister grip on me!
    I said I couldn't live without butter. Then I found a Lebanese grovery store right by my house who sells the coveted substance known as ghee! And to my great surprise it has the amplified taste and aroma of butter without the lactose that makes my body crazy!
    DOUBLE WIN!
    I said nothing can replace real dairy icecream and its creamy texture. Boy, was I wrong!
    So Delicious (I thought they made stuff from soy so I stayed away from it) makes an absolute divine coconut icecream wirh organic coconuts and agave syrup. It's a tad too sweet, but until I find a worthy replacement, this is SALVATION!

I can't calm my enthusiasm! (I'm typing so loud I'm probably waking up Vy who fell asleep next to me after a Dawson's Creek marathon).
    I've had a good weekend and it seems like the world is turning in my favour, like the sun is shining a path to answer all my worries! No glucose and now no dairy, I'm so glad I found a way to quit them. I just hope I keep honouring my promise :]

Hope you're having an equally great weekend (especially the lucky bastards that are pigging out, excuse the pun, at Boarfest :]

<3
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Meatie,

Sorry you didn't like the Durian. Other than that, it sounds like it's a stellar weekend, and I'm so happy for you!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Great! You're staying on track, trying new things, finding stuff that makes life better.... You've done a lot, Meaty. Keep it up! Congratulations!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Durian's awesomeness.

Eat of it just 4 more times, and you'll be addicted for life.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your having fun. Trying new foods is worth the risk, sometimes it doesn't workout, but most of the time you add a new dimension to you diet.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

PrimalB is offline Junior Member
    re: your previous post about simplicity: yes, we can boil it down to eating primally, exercise, and IF. easy, right? the not-so easy part, like you said, is to stop thinking about it -- stop thinking about what you will eat, whether you can allow yourself that bowl of ice cream, etc. one day, it has to come naturally, right?? or will this always require thought and planning?? if it were to come naturally, no planning or commandments/rules/criterion would be necessary. it's the planning that leads to failure, pessimism, and the interminable "starting over".

on another note, i had to google a durian. this is what wikipedia says about it's smell:
    The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.

personally, i'd be afraid of anything anything that has the smell of almonds lumped in with rotten onions and gym socks.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    The smell of Durian is not very overpowering. I was intrigued to try it, not inspite of its reputation but, BECAUSE of its reputation.
    I was disappointed because the taste wasn't anything to brag about.

Sooooooooo...........
    Yesterday we had a movie day. We usually do this on Tuesdays or the weekend where we go into a movie theatre, paying for one movie (usually early morning) and staying there to see 3-4 movies :]
    We saw Step Up 3D.
    And I'm in love with (the Asian looking boy, I think he's Spanish though) Danial Cloud Campos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjRoxGnezE
    Apparently he's not just a pretty face, he cleans :] sign me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzC7MAiN8oA

As expected the movie is quite plotless and the acting is laughable but, man oh man, the things people can do with their bodies! It makes you understand how limitless we really are. If we stopped whining we'd have more time to achieve impressive feats!
    90% of the movie was dance routine, it was riveting, the other 10% was random outbursts of plot.
    There usually would be drama that you didn't expect because all they were doing is dancing for an hour and there was no buildup...
    Pretty pathetic! Don't regret seeing it though as I'm in love with this Daniel dude and will have his children (any ideas how? )

What I do regret is going to Scores
    They had a salad bar and soup buffet and I'm a sucker for soup. I had a bowl of cream of chicken and then discovered they use gluten for thickening Y_Y
    If I knew how to cook I probably would have known that.
    I'm totally bummed out...
    I also had:
    -> steak
    -> some salad
    -> star fruit
    -> 1/2 passion fruit
    -> pistachios
    -> a noodle chicken soup (I didn't eat the noodles)
    -> a wild blueberry drink for the organic section (I know Y_Y but there was no added sugar)

I had to go home (15 minute walk) in the pouring rain, I was so soaked even my underwear were wet... :/
    My shoes had water in their shoes! >:0
    Luckily I was the only idiot outside so nobody saw the soaked female strolling down the street without an umbrella.

I gotta pack for tomorrow... :| My bus is at 9. D'espairsRay will be a life altering experience!

I had quail eggs in ghee today.
    Finished the coconut icecream.
    Had a star fruit.
    Passion fruit.
    Pork chop with some salad (my dad put tons of mayo in! cucs, tomatoes, cabbage, radishes).

I'm thinking of taking dance classes in University. They're cheap and fun, and I think it'll be a good base for martial arts later on :]

I resent myself for not staying in dance school at age 8. I would be so hot right now if I did, and probably would eventually get into cooler dance styles than the ballroom dancing my parents made me take.
    Blah!

No regrets though, I appreciate any recent enlightenment. Better late than never, aye?

<3
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 08-09-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I love walking in the rain, sure people think i am a fool, but it is nice, me and the primal pooch strolling through the woods, I don't really care if it is a light drizzle or a downpour. It is very primal.

I once took an aerobics class in college, for a mandatory physical education credit, I imagined early morning workouts with pretty ladies. I guess the other 20 guys in the class imagined the same thing .

Guess I wasn't smart enough to try a dance class *channels Homer Simpson* Doh!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Durian...I gotta give you points for pure courage. That looks/sounds like my experience eating breadfruit on Maui, although the Durian is more formidable. Blech. And yet, I'm intrigued...

Coconut ice cream is the food of the gods! If you haven't yet, try Larry & Luna's Coconut Bliss brand ice cream. OMG. Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge tastes like Nutella. So. Good.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.