Page 11 of 236 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 11

ChrisJ is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Yeah, I try to focus on the good as much as I can, and sounds like you've got plenty of good to focus on. Keep looking at the good things, like the flat stomach

I'm still right at the start of my journey to where I want my body to be, and it's so frustrating waiting for results. But then I think about how good I feel, and that cheers me up. I love having this much energy, and being this active. And eating such tasty food. And I'm slowly, slowly gaining a little weight.

Also, exercise is awesome, just go for it. Weights and sprints and you'll be feeling fantastic.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Thanks Chris :] Good luck to you!

Double-A is offline Junior Member

You're lucky my lunch break is up - I was going to write a scathing response and insult you till your head spun and you begged me to stop, but instead I will just mention:

Oasis really isn't that bad - check out some of their non-radio songs (Importance of Being Idle is fantastic).

A song that I think you will be more receptive to, and is very awesome, is... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/pink_floyd/is_there_anybody_out_there_ver3_tab.htm

Will develop your fingerpicking ability tremendously, and is pretty much one of the coolest songs ever.

I'm assuming you're playing acoustic? What are your general musical tastes? I know you like Pink Floyd and dislike Oasis, but that's about it.

And I realize the ritual with the soap, don't worry.

I honestly think that a lot of bodycare products fuck with your skin's chemistry and keeps you reliant on them - they have to keep you coming back :-P

I miss using soap, but I just scrub with my fingernails under warm/hot water (then finish with cold) at all the spots that need the cleanin'. It's invigorating and works better than I thought it would.

For my hair I giving myself a very vigorous scalp massage.

I, too, have oily skin. I think if you let your body's natural skin chemistry rebalance itself by not washing away the protective oils all the time, a lot of your issues may go away.

Maybe not. Just saying it's a possibility - your body general knows what it needs to do to keep it happy. A lot of what we do in our modern society is think that man-made shit will somehow be better... then we get depressed because we don't like 'naturally' and get sick because we screw with a machine that nature has been streamlining for billions of years.

Lindsay0311 Guest

NoSAlad....hang in there!!!! Think of your progress! You are doing so well! BTW...your posts crack me up!! How is today...any better?

Aaron, BRING IT ON! :P

Why would you assume I play an acoustic? Never assume things when it comes to me, I break the societal mold each and every time. Not to mention, assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME (aren't I clever?! 8)

I have a Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul, as electric as they come! I call it Paully, for obvious lack of creativity :]

So it's actually hard to play a lot of songs, but most of the ones I like involve orgasmic solos and fast rhythms (good luck with that, eh?).

Oh, don't get me started on the music I like... Have you not seen my shrine on fb? I like everything from Visual Kei to ancient Jazz. Very eclectic taste. Among my favourites are Jeff Buckley, Floyd, Rush, Gackt (don't ask), Placebo (funnily, their songs are easy to play!), Bikini Kill, Jack Off Jill and waaaaaay too many J-Rock bands! Oh and about thousands more I can't think of. I'll probably cry later for forgetting to mention them. They're all gods.

I don't know. You probably don't have acne prone skin, or do you? Has it improved since you stopped using soap? I don't use soap on my face so it wouldn't really matter. And I try to wash it once a day, not more than that, usually with water or 'natural remedy of the day'.

Linds, thank you :]

Today I ate two steaks and a can of tuna in one sitting. And I had an urge to smother everything with a melted stick of butter.

What. The. Hell?!

It's like Grok took over my body and made me do all these things!

Needless to say I got really sick after a while because of all the fat, but I'm better now.

I've been really depressed about my skin. I even cried for no reason at all (hormones?). It was bizarre.

Maybe because I didn't sleep at all last night either.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I wish it gets better already!!!

I remembered that what got me started was an article by &#39;Sarah&#39; on MDA where she said she used to have acne but now her face looks &#39;airbrushed&#39; without makeup. I&#39;d like to get my hands on her ><

You know anything?

No I do not have acne prone skin.. though I really think that adding more chemicals isn&#39;t going to help. Could be wrong. Need to give it some time, girl - gotta let the primalness run its course, either way.

By the way, I know who Gackt is. Bahaha.

Are you a Satriani or Vai fanM. Can I call you Burger Queen?

I am way too tired.

Only reason I made the assumption I did is that its way easier to start with an acoustic as it requires less overall investment. Also, it builds finger strength faster. And is generally badass.

I recently sold all my guitars to finance my massage school... an Epiphone SG, BC Rich Beast and a $1600 Martin studio acoustic, along with a Fender Bluesman reissue tube amp and a Boss effects board. Funnily enough I just dropped it because I canKt afford it regardless. Play my friendKs beat up old Alvarez now.

I can attest that learning the solos to &#39;Mother&#39; and &#39;Comfortably Numb&#39; are orgasm inducing.

Keep on rockin&#39;.

*passes out*

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

You don&#39;t like Oasis? hmm, could this be a problem for our &#39;marriage?&#39; Actually, Im not a die-hard, but I&#39;ve found some good piano sheet music for some of their songs.

Skin frustration sucks! Have you tried &#39;organic&#39; face washes? They&#39;re not a miracle cure, but are a lot better than other crap out ther. Tea-tree oil especially is supposed to help with inflmammation.

btw, hows your summer lookin? I need a travel buddy to backpack canada/us. A primal tour des Meat-n-Ice, perhaps?

Aaron, please stop passing out in my journal.

(Oh, and just to warn you there are two giant feminist rants waiting for you at yours. If that&#39;s not a reason to pass out I don&#39;t know what is!)

How could you?! Your babieeeeeess! Your babieeeeeeeeeeeees!

If I had so many badass guitars I wouldn&#39;t sell them even if I was penniless. I would sleep in a carton box hugging them.

Yes, yes, easier. But Pauly wanted me, and I wanted him. And we had to be reunited. No acoustic guitar propositioned me like Pauly did, he was too charming.

I don&#39;t make decision based on practicality or logic, reading my journal you should know this by now.

And I&#39;m not considering baking soda and coconut oil chemicals :P

But don&#39;t think I don&#39;t consider you a wise, Primal source of knowledge. I bought lye-less soap and when it&#39;s done I&#39;v considered to not use it for a while, based on your advice :P

Are you proud?

Iceskater, for you I&#39;ll convert! *plucking Wonderwall clumsily*

I see you have a new avater, how did you change it? :0

And you don&#39;t have to seduce me with hot avatars, I&#39;m already all yours for the summer (due to serious lack for friends).

Though I don&#39;t have a job yet, and I can&#39;t fully commit to backpacking just yet.

How much would that cost anyways?

lol, meat-n-ice, sounds like a primal cocktail

PrimalCon New York

PiBdate:

I honestly don&#39;t remember anymore... but I was a good girl.

I didn&#39;t exercise yesterday or today... I don&#39;t feel like iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

And I did have a giant shake with strawberries, blueberries and some leftover whipping cream (my skin will make me regret this later, don&#39;t worry).

And I put sunflower seed oil in my salad by mistake, and wondered why it tastes like shit.

Yesterday, I was extremely desperate and took out my secret crap stash.

(Crap Stash= a collection of old neglected skin care products, CW style; with a chock full o&#39;chemicals)

Just to make it especially clear to people: I DON&#39;T USE ANYTHING ON MY FACE THAT ISN&#39;T EDIBLE. I WASH IT WITH BAKING SODA, HONEY, USE COCONUT OIL AND RED WINE VINEGAR. I don&#39;t wash my face with cleansers or anything like that, I haven&#39;t for a while.

But yesterday I brought out the big guns - alcohol. It had aloevera and wytch hazel so I didn&#39;t feel as bad about it. I used it to spot treat.

Today I woke up and my skin, everywhere, was all better! But I doubt it&#39;s all the shit I put on it, I think all the supplements and good food are doing it&#39;s thang&#39;.

Oh, and the best news :]

Guess who&#39;s back?

AUNT FLO IS BACK! IT&#39;S BACK! THE BIG RED MONSTER!

*dances around*

Page 11 of 236 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast