Page 109 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2469

Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 109

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    +1 for bodyrock.tv

The workouts are fantastic. Since i truly can't keep up with her, I'll often skip the timer and just do thenumber of reps she does (they're listed under the videos) in how ever much time it takes.....resting as needed but as little as possible.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    4am and I'm still looking Y_Y
    this is what I have to deal with...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JednG9lgAOI
    and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRou8B31Hic...
    and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeV9K2YjeQ

Btw, the Warrior Diet stinks! I'm hungry!!!!!!! Y_Y
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 08-03-2010 at 01:58 AM.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

I think I found the workout for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZaf0CRBqRQ...
    f the guy in the back makes an exercise video... sign me up... he's smiling like he drank a bucket full of sunshine and it's making me queasy.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

MumtazG38 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Kryz, I would go off birth control ASAP! Are you sexually active? Make him wear a condom, you're letting him touch you- it should be privilege enough, he should bow down and do as he's told ><

Anyways, haha.

My near-death experience was my first (and last time) at the gynaecologist's and she put me on a birth control that reacted badly with my acne antibiotics (tetracycline; antibiotics another bad call, because while back then I only had acne, now I have PCOS, allergies, weakened immune system just because of the antibiotics).

I started bleeding, and I didn't stop. I'm talking not even for a minute, I would bleed and bleed and (you got the picture) until I got pale, could barely move and lost 4 pounds (I take it was blood weight). I had to wear diapers and couldn't move, I wanted to go to the hospital but from my experience doctors have done nothing for me.

Enter: the internet (*chorus music*)!

First I found out that A) it is very clear and known to all that my specific acne medication VOIDS the birth control and can have (a very long list of) side effects if taken together (not to mention I could have gotten knocked up as well). What was that stupid doctor thinking, I do not know, but I'm sure she failed the "how to not kill your patient" class in med school.

B) I found this ancient book of homeopathy that told me in very casual terms, eat nothing but vegetables and high-fat milk and it'll stop in three days.

And you know what? Day three, like clockwork - it stopped.

The point of the story is: be your own doctor, and let your food be your medicine. I can tell so many horror stories about these Gods in the white coats (because that's how society sees doctors) but beside treating the symptoms or making things worse they've done nothing for me. Every single ache or pain was either 'cured' by my own body or with the help of my family.

I would advise you to go to a naturopath instead, if you really need the help, but when it comes to making a decision regarding your health - trust your body, listen to it, it will always tell you what it likes and what it doesn't!

Tell him you want off, you don't need to explain yourself. Tell him you just want to see how you feel off of it for a while. Doctors get paid 'royalties' for pushing a certain drug, so yes he might object, but the decision is yours.

Seek other options! Go to a naturopath, I am positive he/she can offer an alternative that isn't as damaging to your body as birth control!

(even if you didn't get any side effects, your natural body's rhythm shouldn't be interrupted with an inhibiting drug! Try PB!)

Hope I could help ^_^
    WOW! It's remarkable how similar my past is to yours ^. I too was overweight since 12-13, had serious allover face and body acne, depression and some extras...like, rather than having no period, I don't remember a day for 3 years that I didn't have my period, and when/if (on the off chance) that I did have a normal period the bleeding would knock me out for several days, whether it be only 2-3 days of bleeding I would be out for over a week (loads of skipping school. YIKES!). Also, I had chronic diarrhea and incredibly painful stomach burning sensations which further prevented me from having a normal school/social life...my parents didn't care too much until it got to the point that there was simply no other choice(I would sleep for 2 days in a row and wake up for 4 hours and sleep again.....only waking up in between for bathroom breaks(pretty frequently too now that I think about it). I also have the exactly opposite of an hourglass figure! I have the strangest figure that I've ever seen....I'm incredibly heavy for my frame at the top (DD's), have an even bigger protruding belly bulge and short waist to add to the sadness of it, and NO BUTT whatsoever, wide hips, short and skinny legs compared to the rest of me. All of this makes up a 5ft1" 165-170lb strangely figured girl. Not the most attractive look at the least.

I too went through goodness know's how many different BCP's and hormone treatments, and at one point steroids....I took loads of metformin(glucofage) and clomid(prolifen) and to no yield might I add. I had numerous amounts of blood work done...so much lab work, so many trips to the doctors office and the labs....until finally I just gave up. I even tried herbal pills (PCOS + by insulite labs) which seemed to work for a while, but taking that number of capsules a day was just not working well for me.....I had to stop.

Now that I have had my precious little baby boy(ALL NATURAL, no docs, no pills ) I am able to stop obsessing over this whole PCOS crap the doctors have been feeding me and have learned to focus more on what my body tells me it is ready to do and what it is able to handle, rather than listening to some doctor feed me some typical medical school textbook explanation of what "should" be going on inside of me...whether or not it actually is. I have come to the conclusion that (with good researching) PCOS is only a SYMPTOM of the problem....not the actual problem in itself. Now if you wanna know about "Syndrome X", lets talk.
    Last edited by MumtazG38; 08-03-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Now if you wanna know about "Syndrome X", lets talk.
    Glad to have you aboard! You should start up a journal, make tons of friends and use it as an outlet to your whining, like I have :P

It's in the back of my mind but I'm not really concerned with my period right now. If by some miracle it comes back, then I must be doing something right... if not, then maybe that's for the better... I'm trying to focus on more pressing issue, like getting my diet and fitness in check :0

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member

Btw, the Warrior Diet stinks! I'm hungry!!!!!!! Y_Y
    Meaty,

Have you read the book? I have it at home and I have done it before but that was a year before I went Primal. I don't have any time right now, but later I can share my experience.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Kev. Sticking to a Primal diet is easy for me. At worst I have cheesecake, or eat too much nutbutter or too many nuts. Chocolate or wine occasionally, or incidental bleu cheese dressing. Typically it's easy for me, especially eating VLC. I'm afraid I've just gotten terribly lazy on the exercise front. I used to run 7 miles every morning. Now I'm lucky if I do anything at all. It's buggin the heck out of me. I know I need to do something. Anything. I'm just terribly bored, and by time I get out of work I don't want to fuss with it.

Meaty, if Warrior Diet doesn't mesh with you, no worries. I still sorta do it, consuming most of my food at dinner, with light snacking early in the day (coffee with coconut milk for breakfast, a light lunch of 200-300 calories.) It's comfortable enough at least.

batty is offline Senior Member
    I think I found the workout for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZaf0CRBqRQ...
    f the guy in the back makes an exercise video... sign me up... he's smiling like he drank a bucket full of sunshine and it's making me queasy.
    dude's, like, doing the robot near the end there.

i also wanted to tell you good goddang show on the outline of your challenge. it looks healthy physically as well as mentally and i know you need that. i also gotta echo the bodyrock series, it hink that would be good for you, too. or, i'll get in my car and drive out to you 3x a week. haha.

what made you decide on the warrior diet?

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Vy's idea. I was objecting, I didn't think it can be as effective Eat Stop Eat (fasting 24 hours a few times a week, calorie cycling!) but then I thought to save on time.
    Now I realize it's a bad idea, I was so hungry I thought of stuffing myself with anything edible (and even inedible- bread)... But I got my shit together and had:
    -> can of salmon
    -> 1 tbsp. mayo
    -> orange

That seemed to do it.

I also had salmon and salad for dinner, and now I'm having walnuts, strawberries and an apple.

The fasting was super effective for me so I don't see a reason to cause unnecessary stress on myself right now. When I'm ready, I'll try it again... 'till then I'm not giving up the free foodz

I found a few cool workouts... I even got a Pussy Cat Dolls dance workout Haha... Dang, those bitches are sexy... I don't know if to hate them or love them :/
    So far I haz:
    Squeeze
    Pilates videos
    Shred
    and other impressive stuff... I might change it up for uber-funness.

So, Batty, I'll see you Monday, Wednsday and Friday?

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    The warrior diet is tough to adjust to, Ori recommends eating something light during the day while your adjusting, like Fresh juice(the kind you make yourself with a juicer) salad, a boiled egg, or cottage cheese. What I found is that if I really want to stick with it I have to force feed myself at dinner time. I am talking a thanksgiving style meal (all primal of course) eat until I don't want to eat again, but If you already have a fasting routine that is working for you, why change it. I am playing with Warrior style eating now, for this month, but if I need to eat I am not afraid to break the plan.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.