Thread: Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat page 105

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post

I'm such a weirdo.
    that's the only reason I talk to you.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    The feelings of love are mutual.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    group hug?

Or...er...not. Ahem.

Augh, my step dad is such a dick.
    I'm so sick of these implications that I'm fat.

Yeah, I get it. I can see it, it doesn't need to be discussed over family lunches.

It pisses me off especially since he's not one to talk. But I guess the comparison between my mom and I are obvious (she's 115 pounds and so should I be).

I don't want to assign blame here but my self-esteem issues started when I was 8 and came back from a vacation... Everyone gained weight but my face showed it more so I got the lovely jokes and nicknames :/
    I've lost the weight and was always at normal weight yet I still felt fat and I always do... No matter how hard I try he always brings it up or says something ignorant and offensive.

I hate being reduced back to the feeling of a helpless 8 year old but it still offends me and wants me to run up to my room, shut the door and cry.

I don't feel like being PB today, what's the point? I'll always stay fat.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like he's got his own self-esteem issues. But really, who gives a shit what other people think. Maybe its a young person thing but I found when I got older, I _needed_ to get in that mindset. Either that or kiss him on the lips with your fist.

Just tell him to shut the hell up cuz he's not one to judge. Your mom should be chiming in on this one too. I used to work at a restaurant where the owner used to make fun of her daughter to her face because of her weight. Now that was a sad sight.

Don't forget, real men like curves.
    I grok, therefore I am.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Meaty- Don't go down that road. I've been there. The t- shirt's nothing to write home about. You can't be classified as fat until your rolls have rolls. Real women do have curves, and trust me, being skinny minnie has it's own implications. I may be speaking out of turn here, but I believe most guys would take a chick with a few extra pounds over a chick who's literally skin and bones. One of my best friends is a prime example of a guy who did just that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I may be speaking out of turn here, but I believe most guys would take a chick with a few extra pounds over a chick who's literally skin and bones.
    Darn straight most guys would!
    I grok, therefore I am.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post

I hate being reduced back to the feeling of a helpless 8 year old but it still offends me and wants me to run up to my room, shut the door and cry.

I don't feel like being PB today, what's the point? I'll always stay fat.
    the difference here, though, is you are no longer an 8 year old and you can fully well recognize when an asshole is saying things just to be a dick.

so, you're fat and there's nothing you can do about it. now that you've opened that floodgate, what are you going to do now? go to your chocolate place and stuff yourself until you explode, making you feel like more shit? lay on the couch for eternity until the fibers fuse with your skin? i don't know, i thought you were here to improve yourself.

reacting like that to words like that just gives those words power. power that is entirely undeserved. my ex husband's dad always said "consider the source" when people spewed bullshit like that, and this piece of advice has made my self outlook and my life so much better. if i reacted and lead my life as a result of everything everyone has negatively said to me, i'd be dead by now.

you have a choice here. you can choose to let those meaningless words affect you and destroy you, or you can take ownership of your emotions, and yourself, and your own life.

your call.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

The comment was something like "you want to eat organic so much go live on a farm, all that hard work will make you develop a waist"...

I think that hurt especially because, fuck, if i've got something going for me... it's WAIST.
    My hips are 39 and my waist is 30 (boobs are 37). That's a .76 hip ration thankyouverymuch, and that should be pretty badass!

The thing is, my hip aren't going anywhere... The bones are sticking out so it's not like I have extra fat on them. No matter how hard I'll try they're never gonna be as tiny as my moms.
    And I don't care...

My mom does defend me and tells him to shut up but still... Totally ruined my day. And then he wonders why I lock myself up in my room all day (I'd rather do that than hear his lectures or pearls of wisdom like "20 minute workouts and diets won't help, what you need is to run for 2 hours around the neighbourhood"... )

:/

You guys seen my pictures... does that look like I don't have a waist?

Honestly this is a perfect example why I stay away as far as possible from men from my own culture. They all like blond, anorexic barbie dolls because that's what they're used to. My cousin who's 5'7, weighs 120 (I shit you not) starves herself because her bf says she's getting fat... WHAT THE FUCK?!

*shoots head*
    *brains splatters all over*

the end.

And my parents want to go to Ukraine for the summer= my worst nightmare.

My grandmother is even worse... All they do is sit around the table and criticize me.
    Every time I went there I got clinically depressed... like suicidal because all I heard all day, every day was "you're fat","you're lazy","don't do this, don't do that", "why are you hiding in the corner all day?", "why aren't you talking to us", "oh you talk to much"... :/
    What a happy fucking family...

I wish I could move out...