Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two big thumbs up for Chipotle! page

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I have good news, and better news!

The good news is (this is probably old news to long time PB'ers), Chipotle is a great semi-fast food option when you're in a bind and don't have anything on hand. I had the Burrito Bowl with chicken, fajita vegetables, lettuce, tomato salsa, guacamole, and cheese. It was tasty, filling, and most importantly, Primal!

The better news: as I was having them make my bowl, I was telling the guy to skip the rice and beans, and explained I was trying to improve my diet. He told me, as a side note, that all of Chipotle's ingredients are fresh and organic, and the animals are free range, hormone-free (as is the cheese), and I'm pretty sure he said the animals were grass-fed. The guy told me they try to buy locally as much as possible, too.

I just gained a lot of respect for Chipotle! Definitely will be eating here more often.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

I just polished off a carnitas bowl for lunch Aside from the salt, their food is really good and a good option (I think) for primal eating when compared to other restaurants out there.

Their "Food with Integrity" philosophy incorporates respect for the farmers producing the food, as well as respect for the animals. http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/fwi_story

Our Chipotle is VERY conveniently located next to our Whole Foods where we pick up our CSA orders...which is what DH did today, hence the Chipotle bowl for lunch

eta: I'll be interested to read other's thoughts and whether Chipotle is as primal as I think it is (my bowl was meat + lettuce + tomato salsa + guac...giving up their corn salsa *was* a little bit difficult, I must admit)

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Lindsay0311 Guest

I love chipotle!! That is my go to spot for fast food..I had heard that they are organic...can't believe they were started by the people who made McDonalds but hey...I love it anyways!

Athena is offline Senior Member

Burger Lounge is another great choice. I had their basil turkey patty on top of their veggie salad with avocado ranch dressing (super fatty and low carb). It was super filling, but so good i wanted to order another one! A bit pricey tho, but its the only place by my school :-/

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

[quote]

can't believe they were started by the people who made McDonalds but hey...I love it anyways!
    </blockquote>

Not exactly accurate. They were started as a small business...as they grew, for a short while McDonald&#39;s Corp owned a majority interest in the business, but they have since sold off their interest.

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Trau is offline Junior Member

very impressive! thanks for posting!

brian7972 Guest

While I love Chipotle, not true re: organic (at least in 2007, might&#39;ve changed): http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...n_id=rss_daily It appears that only some of their beans are organic: http://www.chipotle.com/html/fwi.aspx

By that logic, I doubt their meat is grass-fed.

Otherwise, impressive!

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member

Brian: on that same page:
    [quote]

The supply for this better chicken is scarce, so we started small, buying naturally raised chicken only for a few markets at first. That amount has grown over time as demand for naturally raised chicken has grown, and today all of the chicken we serve in the US is naturally raised.

To meet our naturally raised standard, chicken must:

Never be given antibiotics.

Have more room to move about than in conventional chicken

operations.

Be vegetarian fed, never given animal by-products.
    </blockquote>

So at least the chickens are free range to some extent, and aren&#39;t given antibiotics, and they&#39;re vegetarian fed. Not sure what they feed them, though. Still, this is way better than most fast food places!

brian7972 Guest

CSJ - not sure what you&#39;re pointing out to me... (sorry if I&#39;m being dense).

S72 Guest

My cheat meal involved Chipotle last week and yes, I indulged in the tortilla.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast