Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Primal in 4th week page

Scott777 is offline Junior Member

New Primal in 4th week

Shop Now
    Hello all my wife and I are new here we were vegetarian for many years and gained lots of weight
    I was up to 260 I'm 5 11 but have lots of muscle from weight training over the years.
    I'm now down to About 247 I did get to 244 one day. I can see I have lost several inches but the weight loss is stalled
    I keep it around 30 carbs a day. Any advice to speed up the fat loss?
    Peace

Thanks I know I think the scale and i should part ways for a while

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    You'll go through plateaus. It's just your body figuring out it's new settings. Just keep at it, maybe if the stall out is long, try to mix things up. Up the clean carbs a little for a few days and then cut them back down, or mix up your workouts and sprint a little more often. Try cutting nuts or dairy for a while (if you haven't) to see how your body handles being without them. You just kind of have to play with it and be patient.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott777 View Post
    Thanks I know I think the scale and i should part ways for a while
    Oh yes, and this. The scale is such a silly instrument to measure our health by.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Thanks Kakes good advice!

Still no progress in weight loss I am still at 250 for the last several weeks and it seems like my loss in inches has stopped
    Getting very frustrated with this I am well under 100 carbs a day most days under 50.
    I have lots of muscle from years of weight traing in the past. Am I eating to much fat or not enough ?
    I typically have 3 eggs with some veggies and cheeses for breakfast and a chicken breast or turkey burger with or without cheese then for dinner one of the recipes from the Primal cook book and maybe a few pieces of 90% chocolate
    Getting plenty of water..maybe I will drop all dairy ...

Anthrocavedude is offline Junior Member
    Hi Scott,

Try cutting dairy for a while and see what happens. How many pieces of chocolate and how often?

I remember when I first joined CrossFit (a Paleo/PB-friendly form of exercise). They analyzed my diet. At first I thought they'd be impressed since I started the diet before CrossFit. But the assistant coach simply said, "You're not getting enough fat in your diet." Oops.

And make sure you aren't going hungry.

Thanks Im not eating much chocolate just a few small peices and not every day..I am going to cut out dairy after my vacation next week and see what happens--i need to work out much more than I have been which is not much LOL

By the way are Hot wings Primal with ranch dressing for dipping LOL they are low carb and so good!!!

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I just cut out the dairy (also 1 month in) and it seems to be helping. Also, I feel like at 1 month, my body has only just adjusted, or almost adjusted, to fat-burning mode. So I'm going to try IF in the next week (16/8)--check out Mark's posts on fasting. I'm not one to deny my pleasures, but since hunger is now not so insistent, I don't think it will be a problem.

As for the hot wings...LOL...Make sure they're not breaded and cooked in the wrong kinds of oil...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast