Thread: exercise videos page

flash is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I find that I have better motivation to exercise when I am following along with a DVD (especially in the chill of winter). Also, its frustrating going to the packed gym at peak hours (tends to be crowded whenever I have time)

I have quite a few that I rotate between but am looking for some suggestions to expand my collection. Does anyone one have a particular one they enjoy and would recommend?

My favorites right now are:

Jackie Warner (weights/cardio)

Jeri Love (weights, high rep)

Giam's Fitball workout (4lbs medicine ball)

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

I pretty much love everything I've gotten from beachbody.com. I LOVE Tony Horton - he motivates me, what can I say...so I have power 90 and p90x. I'm also going to be adding some one-off (shorter) dvd's from his 1-on-1 series.

Another program from beachbody that I really like is ChaLEAN Extreme - a nice mix of weights and cardio w/a bit of yoga. Emphasis is on lifting heavy weights, rather than light w/lots of reps.

Most of my other DVDs sit on the shelf and play second fiddle to those three programs, which I've started switching up the order I do them in depending on my energy level for that day and what I want/need to accomplish with that workout.

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

flash is offline Junior Member

I forgot to mention the P90X, I agree he is very motivating!! That's where I first heard of Mark Sisson was his supplement segment on the videos. I got got an umbillical hernia trying my first pull up - obviously didsomething wrong there... LOL

I have about 25-30 videos if you count the P90X series and utilize approx 1/2.. Tired of buying ones I don't like - Thanks for the suggestion

furious.silverback is offline Junior Member

If I workout inside(living room) then I usually do the Pit Workout. Comes with 2 dvds that breaks workouts down into upperbody, lowerbody and fullbody. They are just down and dirty anerobic workouts, simple but effective.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Before I joined the gym, I used to do the Core Secrets program by Gunnar Peterson, which uses one of those giant blow-up balls and some dumbbells. Primarily strength training, although he did have one DVD called cardio bootcamp.

They were good, solid workouts. I credit the wise selection of moves on these DVDs with preventing any injuries when I moved on to other things at the Y.

verdilak is offline Member

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal