Thread: My Primal Challenge Journal- 30 days to better health! page

stelliebeans Guest

Shop Now

This is my first day starting my Primal Lifestyle. I am 28 years old, slightly overweight, out of shape and TIRED. I am tired of being pudgy, I am tired of being bloated and getting horrible cravings for bad food that is poisoning my body. I want to get healthy before I start trying to get pregnant (end of this year) so I can have a healthy (and primal) pregnancy.

I am short, a mere 5'2" tall and currently weighing in at 142 pounds. Ugh. I need to be at 125- max. I am small framed.

I have the book- I have browsed the forums, I feel pretty good with my ability to make this a lifestyle. My husband thinks I am crazy, but I am hoping the results make him eat his words.

Exercise is one thing I am not sure about. I know in the book Mark says spinning is bad because it increases corisol, but I LOVE spin class. Do you think once a week would be bad for me? I feel like it relieves stress and I love the music and the motivation. Other days I will take boot camp classes and try to do a HIIT session a week as well as lift heavy things

Today is my spin class day- that will be my workout today.

My food plan for the day is as follows:

breakfast- egg whites and turkey sausage (I need to use up the egg whites before I switch to whole eggs)

lunch- spinach salad with chicken and balsamic and olive oil, handful of raw almonds

dinner- taco salad night, lettuce, tomato, ground beef, cheese, a little sour cream and salsa

I logged my food and I am going to be eating about 1550 calories and 40 grams of carbs.

My ultimate goals:

Weigh 125 or less

Become toned and fit

Be happy and healthy!!!!

stelliebeans Guest

Yesterday went well. I didn't even need the almonds with lunch, the salad filled me up.

I took my spin class and I loved it. Tonight I am not sure if I am going to get a chance to work out, if I do it will be a quick HIIT session.

My food plan for today is:

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 2 egg whites and turkey sausage

Lunch- spinach salad with grilled chicken, balsamic and olive oil dressing

Dinner- either a rotisserie (sp) chicken or if I have time to make it to the meat market, dinner will be steak with a side of fresh steamed broccoli (with butter!)

Calories will probably fall around 1300, if I work out, I will be sure to add some extra fat like butter on my steak to make sure I get at least 1500 cals.

I didn't log my food yet since I don't know exactly what is for dinner, but I know I will be under 50 g of carbs.

I feel good so far. No cravings, I feel satiated all the time, I don't miss crackers or bread. Last night my husband put tortilla chips on his taco salad and I didn't get the urge to have some on mine.

I weighed today 140.08