Thread: How did Grok get strong? page

enriquegp is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

If there is anything that I have learned about strength in these last few years is that it is progressive.

Ultimately humans seem to have been built for explosive strength and endurance for long hikes. But how would Grok go from heaving a 20-lb rock to a 50-lb one.

Since he also had to master the same skills as a modern day decathlete, how would he go about it?

On a slightly unrelated note, here is a sweet clip from "Walking With Beasts"

This is exactly what I imagine when I do my sprints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169KILOoY24

Tarlach is offline Member

After killing an animal you would have to get it back to camp.

I'm sure that lugging 100lb of dead weight for a couple of miles would do wonders for building strength.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

LabRat Guest

Go hunting. Report back.

Seriously, the last time I had to butcher something and get it back to the truck- and the beast did us the courtesy of dropping a hundred feet from the road- I got a *full* body workout.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

He started doing presses with a baby mastodon and then progressed as it grew. Like that Greek guy......

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Hunting is serious business. Have you ever had to drag a deer? It's bloody hell, especially if you:

a) have to drag it up hill.

b) have to drag it through water, in which case it gets soaking wet and even heavier.

And of course it really sucks if you have to drag it through water and THEN up hill.

Then there's the process of hanging it. Oye ve.