Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone cut alcohol completely? page

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member

Anyone cut alcohol completely?

Shop Now
    Hey everyone!

So I decided to help along my primal journey by cutting drinking. I was always primarily a beer drinker and I knew it was no good, plus I have never been someone who has "just one".I would spend every weekend drinking at least 5 a night.

I was doing really well, went two weeks without a drink and the results were good. Felt great in the mornings, but weekend nights I would feel more tired than usual. Anyway, I ended up breaking and having 4 beers last night...and BOY do I feel it today. Not hungover but I feel like utter crap! It is a good lesson, and makes me want to continue to avoid drinking. Just wondering if anyone else has gone this rout and can give any advise or words of encouragement for when temptation hits? My roommate is a big beer drinker so that doesn't help things.

Thanks everyone!
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    I keep alcohol personally, but I've also never been much of a beer or mixed drink drinker myself, I prefer wine straight drinks on the rocks...though I do love me some car bombs on St. Patty's Day...

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    When I first went primal, I'd get drunk quickly after half my normal amount of wine. Liquor was nearly intolerable. I think the lack of starchy carbs gets you drunker, faster. But now, I can drink like I used to, I just don't want to.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I let go of beer. I drink mainly stuff on the rocks, or wine at communion.

cave-e8r is offline Member
    I usually stick to red wine or scotch, but last night I had 3 vodka's mixed with blueberry pomegranate V8, and feel like shit today. Not like hangover shit, just shit. I'm thinking it's all the crap in the V8. Not gonna do that again any time soon.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    I have for now
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    I stick with bourbon on the rocks and wine for the most part and I seem to be ok. I cut alcohol for about 6 months when going really strict paleo and didn't see any huge benefit to fitness, so I cycled it back into my diet.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

jb0055 is offline Junior Member
    Yep, no more beer. I missed having it the first month starting paleo/primal but now I don't even think about it. I don't drink much at all during the week, but I will partake of some quality tequila on the weekend. NorCal margaritas are my favorite and now even my GF likes them. Tequila, Club Soda, Lime Juice and garnish with a slice of tangerine or orange. Enjoy shaken or stirred.

elektro is offline Member
    I gave it up completely while I heal my leaky gut and don't miss it at all. Eventually when I get better I will go back to drinking in moderation, a glass of wine or vodka and soda now and then, but will probably not go back to endless beers and rum & cokes all night. It's only hard in social situations when everyone is drinking and you feel weird holding a water, but it's getting to be less of a big deal.

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elektro View Post
    I gave it up completely while I heal my leaky gut and don't miss it at all. Eventually when I get better I will go back to drinking in moderation, a glass of wine or vodka and soda now and then, but will probably not go back to endless beers and rum & cokes all night. It's only hard in social situations when everyone is drinking and you feel weird holding a water, but it's getting to be less of a big deal.

That's my problem are the social situations. Especially being young and single in NYC. But man - the way I feel today I think it's worth it. I was just a little bored and frustrated last night because other plans fell through so I gave into temptation. Cannot WAIT for yoga tonight to feel better
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast