Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Serial Wagon-Jumper page 5

bellajgw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Phew...if yesterday was a sprint, today is a marathon.

I totally got my Grokette on today! At least, what I think she would be like if she was a crusading protector of the innocent, righter or wrongs, and vocal debater. I totally kicked some butt on the bus this morning and I feel GREAT! I feel empowered!

So it's against the law in my state for a bus to idle for more than 5 minutes. They have to turn the bus off under penalty of losing their job. It's good in theory but on a humid day it can be a little frustrating for passengers...I get that. Well, this morning I was sitting on the bus, it was off, and the bus driver was standing outside, waiting with some other drivers and passengers for the time he could leave. (on a side note, this driver is AWESOME, really sweet guy, best driver) Some guy got on, sat down, and began immediately complaining that the bus was not running. Then he went on a tirade about how hot it was, how he has asthma, how he could die, how horrible the driver was. I tuned him out as he was just being a jerk. Then he got personal. He went out to the driver, got in his face, and demanded that he turn the bus on. When the driver calmly explained that he could not and why, the guy got pissed and began screaming, yelling, profaning, threatening to sue, and got down right nasty to this poor driver.

When the complainer got back on the bus he began to complain to the entire bus again as to his points and I stood up. I let him HAVE IT. I let him know that the driver was following direction of the state, he could lose his job, it has nothing to do with him, how dare he be so nasty, he has no right to treat a fellow human being like that, that he owed the driver an apology, and if he doesn't like it then get the hell off the bus.

Well, he shut up and sat down...diddling with his phone he whole time..probably tweeting about the nasty fat lady on the bus who yelled at him...or he may have actually researched the law and realized he was wrong because at his stop he got up, went to the driver, apologized, and left.

Gosh, I haven't felt that good since I was a kid! I used to be quite the little crusader when I was young, got thrown into detention more often than I can remember for sticking up for the little guy (whether to a bully or a teacher). Thankfully I had the backing of my mother who would always side with me as long as I was being respectful and not picking a fight. My mom used to say she thought I would be a lawyer when I grew up, a poor lawyer who did nothing but pro-bono work, but a lawyer nonetheless.

Ugh...I did this to myself. I took on some transcription work from my freelance gig and wasted my first weekend I had it so that I could catch up on my sleep..now its due wednesday and I've spent most of my weekend working on it...my poor fingers and hands are killing me. The big job was only 2.5 hours and I thought I could get that done in no time...but when each minute is really 5 minutes of typing I actually have a 12+ hour job on my hands. I am into it an hour (5 hours yesterday) and now I'm trying to kick out the rest of the 90 minutes - another 8 hours easily. I don;t have much time this week to work on it so I need to get as much done today as possible....please forgive the lack of posting but my poor fingers...oh, my poor fingers!

Did I finish the transcription yesterday? Oh, no I didn't. I got another hour's worth done in between cleaning, making dinner and eating dinner, and the myriad of other distractions that happen when you have a spouse and cats who choose THAT MOMENT to want, no, NEED to be in your lap and make a perfectly nice sentence turn from grammatically perfect to IUAeT(*$#HF(*#HAFDJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Damn their furry little hides.

So today, on my lunch break, I will be typing more poor little fingers to the bone.

On a more Paleo/Primal note....I was not good this morning. I already paid for it, Karma like to hit my colon like a tons of bricks. The rest of today will be better, hopefully. My pot roast didn't turn out that great yesterday. I got a different cut of meat (one that actually said Pot Roast on it) and it turned out to be too tough and too dry. How can a piece of meat that's been soaking in hot liquid, gently, for hours, end up being dry??? I don't understand. I also added too much wine and a little too much spices. Next weekend I'm airing on the side of caution. Getting the good roast meat, lightening up on the wine and spices, and maybe adding a little more salt. Or could salt be my problem? Any hints? Any masters of the Pot Roast out there who would wish to lend some sage advice to a novice?

Well, all but finished up my job last night, now to review it for mistakes and fix formatting problems and I am DONE! Then to work on the shorter one. But that one I can email in, no problem.

Love my wife, but I could have killed her last night and this morning...Our big fat cat, we'll call him "Fatty" (to protect the innocent) has a tendency to get feisty when we're in bed. He likes to chase my wife's feet under the covers, which is cute, but he has no concept of DON'T CHOMP ON THE FEET THAT FEED YOU, so more often than not she ends up getting hurt. I've yelled at her for this because I really don't like that she is all but encouraging him to continue doing this and things don't stop until she's bleeding and I end up chasing him off the bed and out of the room with a pillow. But she won't stop, and neither will he. Well, last night, when I was all but asleep - CHOMP!!! Right on my achille's tendon! OMG!!! I wasn't moving, no one was encouraging him, he went from sleepy Fatty to Fatty-attack in a split second. I, of course, went screaming after him, then screamed at the wife for encouraging this behavior. What happens when we have a baby, who moves, under covers...will it seem so cute and innocent then???

I was furious...but I cleaned up my ankle and went back to bed, to fall asleep around midnight because I was still so pissed off. Then 1am came....Fatty was chasing a crinkle ball toy which he hasn't touched in months, up and down the hall in front of our door, up and down, up and down, crinkle crinkle crinkle, slam! (That's he sound he makes as he chases it down the hall and can't stop sliding on the wood floor as he slams to a stop against the front door.) So up I got, picked up every noisy toy in the apartment, hid them in a drawer, gave him a withering glare to which he, of course, just started licking his ass, and went back to bed.

Then 4am came. Fatty began his morning ritual of calling to the food gods. "Oh, food gods, please bring me the sweet taste of wet food as I have grown bored of my new dry food and I shall surely starve to death if I do not eat in the next few minutes, despite the fact that my dry food bowl is still full!" This is my wife's job. I feed them at night, I clean the litter box, she gets up with them in the morning as I'm more likely to give them a can of olives than a can of cat food at 4am, without my glasses on.

Did she get up? Nope. She yelled at Fatty, turned over and went back to sleep. 4:20am - "Oh, food gods, I shall surely starve to death if not fed soon, please make Mommy get up and feed me!" My wife gets up, kicks Fatty out of our room and shuts the door....shutting our little cat in with us. Her reasoning was that the little cat, "Itty Bitty", was fast asleep on the bed and she didn't want to wake her up. 4:40am - Itty Bitty is now wide awake and wants OUT of the room she is now a prisoner of....so she's scratching at the door and chirping, like a cute, fuzz-covered alarm clock. When we ignore that she chooses to jump back onto the bed and power-walk up and down our backs until....5am - when the actual alarm goes off and my wife gets out of bed and feeds them, then crawls back into bed for 20 minutes. 5:20am, she shakes me awake - time to get ready to go to work...come on, why are you dragging, let's go!

WHAT????? I think murder is justifiable, right? I just need to start main-lining caffeine.

denise is offline Senior Member
    oh, I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh ..........

This morning....I got up. It was quite some feet of strength I tell you. Its rainy, ugly, humid, a typical August day in New England. This is going to make one of my executives cranky all day as she has a bad back and likes to complain about it....as she walks around all day in 3 inch platform heels to make is seem like she really isn't 5' tall.

Today I made the mistake of looking in the mirror...really looking. I had gotten an email from my aunt that asked why we no longer posted pictures of ourselves on Facebook...I told her my go-to reason. My wife works for the government and I'm trying to keep it really very private, so we don't tend to post pictures of ourselves anywhere. The truth is that neither of like ANY of the pictures that are taken of us so we refuse to put them anywhere where anyone will see them.

This is the sad truth of it. We're fat. Obese. It's not pleasant for our self-image.

But I'm working on it. I could work on it harder, I know...I have a ton of excuses lined up, but at the end of the day its my fault. I need to do better. I have to do better. I will....tomorrow.

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bellajgw View Post
    I need to do better. I have to do better. I will....tomorrow.
    no no no no no - you do better TODAY!!!!!

Apparently my escapade in the bus last week did not go unnoticed. Today I have been elevate from "hun" to "princess" by my bus driver. Wonder what it will take to reach "Empress" status

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you don't throw (delete) out the pictures you don't like that way you'll have a great before and after.

PrimalCon New York
    This weekend we have no plans. Say what? AWESOME!!! I've already begun my meal planning. I found some really great looking recipes that I'm planning on Primal-izing!

This week we are attempting Cherry Tomato and Olive Clafoutis. I know, its a pastry...but I'm substituting out the regular flour for an almond/coconut mix. By my estimations it will end up being something like 278 calories/21 g fat, 10 g carbs, and 14 g protein. If it turns out good I might try to sneak some spinach or kale into next time. Now to find some really good slow cooker recipes.

Oh, and the pictures? We have plenty, just none that we want shown on the internet unless we have fabulous "after" pictures to show right along next to them.

This week we find out if our big in-office attempt at getting pregnant worked. Wife is due for her TOM on Monday and she's usually right on track. While I desperately want to be wrong I have the sneaking suspicion that it did not take. She's showing her classic "two days before" signs (moodiness, soreness, tired, etc) and she's interpreting them to be pregnancy signals. I know intimately how easy it is to convince yourself...so I really do hope I'm wrong. Please let me be wrong.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast