Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Serial Wagon-Jumper page 4

bellajgw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    denise, thanks!! I try to write like me whenever possible It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy lady out there!

Actually got out and walked yesterday, about a mile, and my lower back is killing me despite my awesome (yet somewhat used) New Balance sneakers. I know, not very primal of me but I can't wear Vibrams (high arches, the damn things won't actually fit onto my feet). Today I wore flip flops. Not exactly made for walking long distances, but then again I'll probably be tied to my desk today.

So today was a new adventure in baby-making. As my poor wife is stressing her cycle is playing dodgeball with us. Because of this our gigantic tank is due back to the cryobank in Cali tomorrow..thankfully they have an office in Boston and we were able to drive in with Hank the Tank and exchange him for a much smaller version...Hanklet, if you will. Now I get to carry him around Boston until we go home. Thankfully I work in a chem lab so the tank itself isn't overly conspicuous, but they really don't like you bringing "lab equipment" outside lab areas so I am DREADING the inevitable accusation of bringing lab items into the general areas and having to explain that it's MY lab stuff and why I have it, etc. But, its still not nearly as embarrassing as last summer when I was trying to get pregnant and ended up having to drag a giant tank around Boston as it was 90 degrees in the shade...try explaining at the docs office (an ENT mind you) why you have a big mushroom-shaped tank marked "human tissue" with you to get your ears checked. That's a whole other story for another day.

Also, sitting in front of me is a huge batch of Chocolate Salted Caramel cupcakes..from scratch, as Duncan Hines is banned from our home. My wife is in a big baking frenzy and decided to make two batches of the damned things. So, they sit on my desk, covered but visable, and the call has gone out to all my coworkers...COME GET THEM PLEASE!!!! Surpsingly, there are still 12 left, after offering them up 2 hours ago. Everyone is waiting until lunch-time. Me...I'm about ready to commit hari-cari on these damn things if they don't disapear fast. The smell is killing me. Maybe its time to grab lunch a little early. Perhaps a full tummy will help keep the sugar monster at bay.

denise is offline Senior Member
    You HAVE to be a very popular colleague!! Right now, I'd take the whole damn batch off your hands - so lucky you aren't "local". Put a cake within arms reach and I am tortured!!!

Hope you got by ok

Oh yes, people here love me. I can't quite seem to get past the old die-hard New England belief that food is love, so I just keep feeding my coworkers. One of these days I plan to make some paleo-friendly chocolate bark and see how that goes over.

I can't say that I succeeded with my plan to stay away from the cupcakes. The last one sat there and tempted me for hours. People around me were making indecent yummy noises. Apparently these things were utter perfection. So I tried one. Was it worth it? OH YEAH THAT WAS GOOD. And, of course, I immediately regretted it.

My body isn't all that unhappy with me, as today we're still in the 253s...so perhaps it realizes that I'm not making that a habit. Today I have two catered lunch meetings, and the meeting I have to attend I got to make sure there was plenty of food I can eat. Its nice being the one in charge of catering! I just make the excuse that we have a few people who have gluten intolerance so we HAVE to have plenty of meat and veg.

Well, another stressful day...but I have a plan of attack so I'm a step ahead.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Have you looked into doing a leptin reset with your wife? I did the Jack Kruse one and it really helped me to get a handle on my sugar cravings and my need/fear of being without food for more than 2 hours during the day. It also jumped started my sex drive in a great way but definitely do it together so you'll be on the same page. I used to bake bread and brew beer so going paleo/primal I needed new hobbies. Maybe you can get your wife to ferment food and do paleo baking, it sounds like your being sabotaged with home baked junk food. Enjoying your journey. Good Luck.

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    If you can slip some paleo recipes into her cook books your made. Bannana loaf made with almond flour? Gluten free brownies (not paleo but I pleaded ignorance on this at the time) etc?!

If anyone gives you hasle, just scream at the top of your voice "If you must know, my wife and I are trying to have a baby you ignorant prat, now if you dont mind can you leave me and my hanklet alone...."

Richard

Leptin reset, I'll have to look into that Ferti, thanks! When I've been good for a good while I can usually handle the sweets much better, but when I've had an iffy few days...that's when it gets difficult. Maybe we just need to agree not to bake anything for two weeks....that might work, can't give it up completely as the wife has been commissioned to make a wedding cake and candy display for a friend in a few weeks.

Richardmac, definitely on the list of things to attempt. We have a big bag or almond flour and coconut flour but she's been putting it off. I might need to encourage those attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by bellajgw View Post
    Leptin reset, I'll have to look into that Ferti, thanks! When I've been good for a good while I can usually handle the sweets much better, but when I've had an iffy few days...that's when it gets difficult. Maybe we just need to agree not to bake anything for two weeks....that might work, can't give it up completely as the wife has been commissioned to make a wedding cake and candy display for a friend in a few weeks.

Richardmac, definitely on the list of things to attempt. We have a big bag or almond flour and coconut flour but she's been putting it off. I might need to encourage those attempts.
    Paleo Pancakes from 'seaside kitchen' yummmmmy. Can also be used as wraps for savoury foods. They wont last long.

Richard

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Richard, that website Seaside Kitchen looks fantastic. So many recipes, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    Richard, that website Seaside Kitchen looks fantastic. So many recipes, so little time.
    If you like that, also check out cave girl in the kitchen....great sites.

Richard

Nice, thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait!

Today was absolute hell, and it isn't even over yet! We had to run to the Obgyn's office for our first ever in-office insem and I got in really late to work. Turns out that neither of my boss' international conference calls this morning went well due to technical difficulties and I wasn't here to help out so he is grumpy. Now I'm sweating up a storm as I had two unexpected catered lunches to set up besides my own lunch to set up. Two admins are out today and they BOTH had lunches scheduled. Gosh, I seriously need another shower now! Now I have 15 minutes before I have to run and find my boss to hand him the materials for his next meeting. I think I may need a nap today...too bad I won't get one. I won't even get home until 7:30pm tonight...and I've promised the wife a face and shoulder rub tonight...what was I thinking??? So much to do, NO time to do it....I feel like I'm just never going to catch up this week...what the heck.

I know, I know, I'm spending 15 minutes to read and write on my journal, its the only few minutes I take for myself during the day, so shoot me!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast