Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not going so well page

Comma is offline Senior Member

Not going so well

Hi all,

I was hoping for a bit of advise. I have been cutting out grains and doing whatever I could find on here (book should come every day), and I feel beyond terrible. I think I had one day of proper carb flu- felt dizzy etc, but that has passed. I didn't really have that many carbs before I started paleo. But now after five days I am OVERWHELMINGLY tired. I am doing ok in the morning, then I eat my eggs in coconut oil and veggies, and then I can just pack up and go back to bed for the day. Except I can't. I'm up to four to five cups of coffee just to get through the day, where I usually have one. I also drink wine in the evening, which I don't usually do that often. But now I'm desperate for anythign that'll make me feel better.

Way the worst is that I am in a horrible mood. Like hardcore PMS combined with stress at the job and nagging toddlers. Things that usually don't faze me one bit can make me scream words that I didn't even knew I knew. I have a 2 and a 4 year old, so that simply has to stop or they'll be traumatized forever. Probably already are.

Any ideas? I do have a piece of fruit during the day and some greek yogurt, otherwise veggies, salads, eggs and meat and plenty of olive and coconut oil. I tracked on day on fitday and came out with over 50% fat, plenty of protein, and carbs under 100. But this morning after the eggs I felt so beside myself that I had a toast with butter and honey to counter the effects. I think it made things a bit better, but maybe it just tasted good.

So. I shelled out the money for the book already, but I can keep this up only 1 more day because it is more important that I am nice to my babies. Unless you tell me 2 more days tops, because then I will trust you, clench my teeth, and DO IT!

TwinkiesnKetchup is offline Junior Member
    my experience is that the first 3-5 days of going low carb I run into fatigue, head ache and craving challenges. I tough it out. I take tylenol/motrin for the head ache, do not increase coffee (in fact I drink more water--flush flush) and fight through it. i look it as this way, if I was to start running 5 miles daily I'm going to be sore for the first several days. The fatigue/headache/cravings is not that bad

Keep looking ahead, be proud of yourself. Keep a good attitude. It will pass. It really will and when it does you'll have more energy than you'll know what to do with it.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    this is absolutely still carb flu. that doesn't end in one day. sorry it's so rough for you! you don't have to make this a super low carb diet. if you're eating one piece of fruit and some greek yogurt in a day, that's pretty damn low carb.

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Two more days. Trust me.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

All right then. Two more days. I thought I had the carb flu behind me! Yes, headaches I have too, I thought I was just dehydrated. Thanks for the reassurance!

Aaaaah!

(this isn't dangerous, is it?)

OMG, it stopped! This morning I got up and was in an OK mood, but it doesn't usually hit until after bf...so I had the eggs and veggies and buttered coffee around 8....not tired...going on with the day, better and better...FANTASTIC! I had another cappucino, thought I needed it to get through the dreary day, but instead of dragging along I've been bouncing off the walls ever since, making it up to the kids and taking care of all that I left undone the last week.

I wasn't hungry, just got somewhat weak around 4 and had some kefir and greek yogurt, and that after a week of stuffing my face for hunger. A bit of meat and veggies for dinner (and a tiny whiskey ) and I am fine.

Is this it? This is great! I even lost 3 lbs over night.

It is a couple hours after my bed time I just noticed (I still feel wired-hu) but wanted to say thanks for telling me to make it through that last horrid day. That actually really helped me not to have toast this morning!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    OMG, it stopped! This morning I got up and was in an OK mood, but it doesn't usually hit until after bf...so I had the eggs and veggies and buttered coffee around 8....not tired...going on with the day, better and better...FANTASTIC! I had another cappucino, thought I needed it to get through the dreary day, but instead of dragging along I've been bouncing off the walls ever since, making it up to the kids and taking care of all that I left undone the last week.

I wasn't hungry, just got somewhat weak around 4 and had some kefir and greek yogurt, and that after a week of stuffing my face for hunger. A bit of meat and veggies for dinner (and a tiny whiskey ) and I am fine.

Is this it? This is great! I even lost 3 lbs over night.

It is a couple hours after my bed time I just noticed (I still feel wired-hu) but wanted to say thanks for telling me to make it through that last horrid day. That actually really helped me not to have toast this morning!

Well, I think it sounds like you are in ketosis It can cause a little bit of eurphoria for a lot of people. After a while that will pass as well and you should settle in to a nice even level of energy. But enjoy this part while it lasts

Oh - and get some magnesium and bone broth with sea salt in you too.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Thanks! Broth is underway.

I only slept for 3 hours, but I at least am not in a bad mood now; usually I am a mean tired. Buttery coffee makes up for a lot, and I lost another lb overnight.

Aha, Euphoria. I thought I came off a little strange there.

Hang in there!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah- Euphoria has well left me, I think my body is confused. Yesterday and today were pretty hard again mood-wise, and back to hungry hungry hungry, albeit no carb cravings. Also can't sleep at night. Sheesh. Even the weight is back up (oookaaayyy??) But I read the book and it's nice to have it in print that it takes 21 days give or take. And anyway, this tastes way to good to give up without a fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast