Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit + Paleo Success Story page

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member

Crossfit + Paleo Success Story

I've been away from the forum a few days. Hope I'm not reposting this.

This story was posted on the Crossfit Games site. It's pretty cool.

Mike Lucca rocks Crossfit
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Very cool. This is the kind of stuff I like sharing with non-paleo folks, mostly because I hear so much that strength training can't help you lose weight. Bull!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    “When I first showed up, they had me jumping onto a 45-pound weight for box jumps,” he says. “Now I’m jumping on an 18- to 20-inch box. Within less than a year’s time, I’ve seen a major improvement. I went from doing no deadlifts to where I can deadlift over 300 pounds.”

That is my favorite part... so often I hear people who are really overweight complain about how they "can't do this or that". This guy is awesome for getting out there and making it happen.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting Goldsmith, interesting read.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    So flipping inspiring. Thanks for posting.
    I have some amazing friends that are severely obese and think they can never get fit- and that I could never understand because I've never been there. I love stories like this!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

That guy seriously rocks.

fes31129 is offline Junior Member
    You guys have no idea how awesome this guy is. As great as that article is, it doesnt come close to doing him justice. I train at the same Crossfit Gym as Mike and remember the day he came in for his first on ramp and "the difference a year makes" is the perfect title for this article. Shows up 5 days a week, without fail and never complains or has ever thought about quitting. Even shows up when hes sick, his coaches have to tell him its not a good idea and should take the day off as "taking a day off" never enters his mind. He is a constant source of inspiration for all of us, and just an amazing individual. And when anyone tells me about crossfit being hard or needing to get into shape first before they start I can just point to him and tell them to shut it.

fes31129 is offline Junior Member
    oh and now he is on a 24 inch box and doing double unders in his WODS

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fes31129 View Post
    Shows up 5 days a week, without fail and never complains or has ever thought about quitting. Even shows up when hes sick, his coaches have to tell him its not a good idea and should take the day off as "taking a day off" never enters his mind.
    Why is this to be praised? It's fanaticism. I know people like this and they are obnoxious. Their whole lives become diet and exercise and they become the most boring people.

It's great he lost so much weight. But no one can keep up that intensity forever. When you force weight off like that, it tends to come back with a vengeance.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome!
    GC, get over it. If he was sitting on the couch you would still be giving him shit.
    CrossFit is fucken awesome, and everytime you achieve something new that you never thought you could do, its a real boost to the confidence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast