Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossfit + Paleo Success Story page 2

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with Grumps here. Good on the guy for losing all that weight and sticking with it. But it's about the journey not the destination. It sounds as though this guy could use that reminder.

Of course, I don't know anything about this guy other than what I've read here.
    Last edited by Hardwarehank; 03-26-2012 at 01:47 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I love these stories!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe he just really likes it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    sbhikes, I bet he does
    Its pretty addictive

fes31129 is offline Junior Member
    so in your opinion, being active 5 days a week is fanaticism? interesting. I think its just living a healthy lifestyle. But hell, you never met the guy so im sure you know everything about him But maybe he could spend his free time better, like give uninformed opinions on message boards about complete strangers. That acceptable?

And Ayla, agreed, those achievements, no matter how small, can turn a bad day around in a hurry.

fes31129 is offline Junior Member
    and hes a bright guy with a lot of interests, just number one on his list right now is getting healthy. he isnt one of those preachy obsessed jerks, just very dedicated to achieving his goal, which is his health

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Usually when I'm sick I take that as a sign to take it easy.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Hiding under the covers when you're sick makes you a pussy! This guys progress is amazing, even more so as I sit here replying on MDA instead of busting my butt

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fes31129 View Post
    so in your opinion, being active 5 days a week is fanaticism? interesting. I think its just living a healthy lifestyle. But hell, you never met the guy so im sure you know everything about him But maybe he could spend his free time better, like give uninformed opinions on message boards about complete strangers. That acceptable?

And Ayla, agreed, those achievements, no matter how small, can turn a bad day around in a hurry.
    Nice. You're like a level 15 Passive-Aggressive.

There is a difference between being active 5 days a week and doing Crossfit 5 days a week. It's like comparing having half a glass of wine a day to a whole bottle of scotch.

Also, if I had joined in the praise of this guy, my opinion would be just as uninformed, but you wouldn't have anything to say about it. Think about that and how full of BS your retort is. Fact is, burnout is a very real thing, and so is weight rebound when the person does something that is not sustainable. But hey, I hope he has a fun-filled 10 to 15 years.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't see why it wouldn't be sustainable for him. . . particularly if he is enjoying what he's doing.

And, he might continue on to other activities, or move back to less crossfit and more other things.

several of my clients do cross fit 3x week, plus my power yoga classes 2x per week, plus one other sport (one does muay thai, the other plays tennis pretty competitively -- which means practicing 2-3 days a week plus bouts/games). They love it.

And, if that makes them happy, then i'm happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12