Thread: Newbie hello page

TwinkiesnKetchup is offline Junior Member

Newbie hello

Hello all, I'm a newbie to the forum but not to the primal diet. I was dxed as diabetic in 1984 when I lost part of my pancreas when my appendix ruptured. I was placed on insulin and struggled daily with depression. I was a college athlete at the time on scholarship for basketball and it was a daily mental challenge to just get up in the morning, none the less work out and compete. A doctor put me on an Adkins type diet and within three weeks I was off insulin and feeling amazing.

I've followed this diet until I went to back to school for my MSW (2009). I took a bunch of nutrition classes and "learned" how horrible this diet was for me. It scared the holy hell out of me! I immediately changed to the low fat diet and even though I was running daily gained 30 pounds in three months. I switched to a starvation diet and my blood sugar went through the roof (285).

I went to my doctor who wanted to put me back on insulin and I could not find a doctor who could believe me that I felt better on my Adkins’s type diet. I finally found Mark's daily apple, bought his book and am on the primal diet. Feeling pretty well, but I still have about 20 pounds of weight left to lose. It’s funny, I've never been fat in my life until I went on a low fat diet! Oh well, live and learn.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Glad you joined us.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

kennadygraham is offline Junior Member
    verbal reasoning Practice is definitely key for these online assessments. The more you do them, the easier they become.The key to our practice tests is that they replicate what you can expect to see when it comes to taking the official tests. Just like with online assessments, you have 20 minutes to answer 20 questions, with data displayed as tables, bar charts, pie charts and much more.
    We really love our system, we think it’s great! We also believe that we offer more than any of our competitors, both in terms of quality and quantity. At the same time, we know that to be as useful as we can we need to make sure that our system is the best it can be for you.aptitude tests We are always looking to improve Numerical Test Help and know that the best way to do that is to let real people use it and let us know if there is anything they would change. This benefits everyone. You to use Numerical Test Help for free and we get real people testing it to make sure it’s as good as possible. All that we ask in return, is that if you notice something that could be improved you let us know. Click here verbal reasoning

TylerMorgan is offline Junior Member
    Hey! I am new here too. Hope we will share experiences, information, ideas.

TwinkiesnKetchup is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the welcome! It is nice to meet you as well.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome TnK from another Oregonian. Primal is a great way to go, and can be very exhilirating when it comes to how you feel. Rock out with your Grok out!