Thread: Question on sources of grass-fed beef page

driverrice is offline Junior Member

Question on sources of grass-fed beef

I have a friend whom I am trying to convince to go paleo, and I feel like I might be 80% of the way there. She is a "recovering vegetarian" and while she understands how grass-fed meat is more ethical, before she starts eating it regularly, she wants to make sure that the cows are killed in a non-brutal way. So, does anyone know of suppliers of grass-fed meat that provide some kind of assurance that their animals experience minimal pain while being killed? I have had trouble finding details on suppliers' websites.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    I'll just reiterate what Nellie said.....eatwild.com is your best bet.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Take a walk ... see a cow ... in a field ... eating grass? Bag it! Come on ... you're primal, right?

In seriousness, a good search on't'internet is going to be your best bet. Beyond that, ring up first and pummel them for information. You want to know specifics and will, without doubt mess them up if they lie!

driverrice is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the tips, guys!

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyNellie View Post
    Anyway, I heard a wonderful piece on NPR talking about vegetarianism. And I'm sorry I don't remember the show/guest author, but the discussion was that domesticated animals, chickens, cows, etc., wouldn't survive today in the wild. Humans evolved into a more intelligent species by eating the brains and fat in animals. The author's research argued that eating this type of meat was a sort of co-evolutionary bargain... these species continue to exist because we raise them for food.
    If you ever come across that again please share it. I'd like to see it.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host