Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your thoughts? page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

Tell me your thoughts?

Skinny Fat

I really enjoyed this article!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I don't know for whom the whole of the fashion industry is geared. OK mostly women buy the stuff (maybe men to an extent, but I don't know any) but isn't it to be attractive to a potential mate? Not one guy I know thinks the skinny fashion model look is attractive. I guess it's like Van Morrison said "all the girls walk by dressed up for each other."
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I don't know for whom the whole of the fashion industry is geared. OK mostly women buy the stuff (maybe men to an extent, but I don't know any) but isn't it to be attractive to a potential mate? Not one guy I know thinks the skinny fashion model look is attractive. I guess it's like Van Morrison said "all the girls walk by dressed up for each other."

Cross fit woman, and woman who strength train are far more attractive.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts?
    I wish they'd stop saying "the female this", "the female that", dear God, is it so difficult to say "woman"? Would they say "the male on the left" "the male on the right"... no.. :P

The first model looks like a starved horse to me, the athlete looks gorgeous and I want to hug her and squeeze her and call her George...tte. The athlete on the right picture looks like the young married women back where I come from, they work(ed) very hard in the house and the farm, and were very strong.

I hate that women want to diet to look like that model, it drives me nuts. It's not natural.

The picture of the skinny fat woman is not too bad, I think. But I think she would be too weak to be a hard worker. I picture her as someone who works in a office all day. I like the crossfit athlete better, she looks strong enough to chop firewood, wash heavy wet laundry by hand, carry heavy carts of potatoes... strong like my mother.

This is what I would like to look like:
    MovNat training at Wildfitness - YouTube

All those crossfit women look BEAUTIFUL. Some of them have too much muscle for my taste (I don't like muscular men either, looks gross to me, like a creepy insect), BUT they are athletes after all. So it's understandable.

The models look like they need to be hospitalized and force-fed :-(
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts: How depressing. The nice looking women in the photos all had to do a ton of weight lifting. I'm never going to do that much weight lifting so I'm never going to look like that. I have to sit in a cubicle all day. That's how I afford my house and my grass-fed beef and my retirement. If I was skinny-fat I'd be happy because then I'd at least be able to wear a bathing suit in public. I'm just overweight fat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    My thoughts?
    I wish they'd stop saying "the female this", "the female that", dear God, is it so difficult to say "woman"? Would they say "the male on the left" "the male on the right"... no.. :P

The first model looks like a starved horse to me, the athlete looks gorgeous and I want to hug her and squeeze her and call her George...tte. The athlete on the right picture looks like the young married women back where I come from, they work(ed) very hard in the house and the farm, and were very strong.

I hate that women want to diet to look like that model, it drives me nuts. It's not natural.

The picture of the skinny fat woman is not too bad, I think. But I think she would be too weak to be a hard worker. I picture her as someone who works in a office all day. I like the crossfit athlete better, she looks strong enough to chop firewood, wash heavy wet laundry by hand, carry heavy carts of potatoes... strong like my mother.

This is what I would like to look like:
    MovNat training at Wildfitness - YouTube

All those crossfit women look BEAUTIFUL. Some of them have too much muscle for my taste (I don't like muscular men either, looks gross to me, like a creepy insect), BUT they are athletes after all. So it's understandable.

The models look like they need to be hospitalized and force-fed :-(

Could not agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My thoughts: How depressing. The nice looking women in the photos all had to do a ton of weight lifting. I'm never going to do that much weight lifting so I'm never going to look like that. I have to sit in a cubicle all day. That's how I afford my house and my grass-fed beef and my retirement. If I was skinny-fat I'd be happy because then I'd at least be able to wear a bathing suit in public. I'm just overweight fat.

Bull. That is Bull. You will reach whatever goal you set for yourself.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    From you post, yYou seem to see weightlifting as an effort to make, a chore. It's not. Being active is about having fun moving. Screw the whole ''P-90x'' stuff, just have fun. Go hiking because of the view, the challenge to go to the top, because you enjoy nature, not because you have to. Surround yourself with active people, then socializing and being active will go hand in hand. Most guys at my BJJ gyms look like Greek statues when they take their clothes off. Sure, they have discipline and a strong will, but the reason they come day in and day out is because they have fun and because they like working on becoming better martial artists.

Being fit and not fat is a lot more awesome than just looking good naked. It's also really easy if you remember it's just for fun. And it's totally worth it.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Here is my take on it: not everyone wants to bulk up, most women in fact don't want to. Ectomorphic body type is harder to manage than mesomorph in some ways. I have a high metabolism but have to closely watch specifically what I eat & have sadly lost a ton of muscle over the years from not training- my **choice**. Fitness is a double edge sword for some of us. I hate how hungry exercise makes me and also how ineffective so much of it is for muscle building. A few weight session and not really even heavy lifting ones and some walking is all I can stand anymore. I'd rather get there mostly with diet than be disappointed at what isn't even possible for me anymore.

mrsmcleaver218 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Being "skinny-fat" is just as dangerous if not more so than being overweight. Those who have high metabolisms naturally and eat unhealthy foods are damaging their bodies on the inside. Also, those who are skinny-fat that don't eat have even more problems. Many models have eating disorders, and they are ENCOURAGED. I hate that skinny is the goal for young girls in particular. The new goal should be HEALTHY. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but, it is just sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast