Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me your thoughts? page 2

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WoW - those cross fit girls look fabulous! I am seriously jell....although I have worked out at the gym I find it terribly boring, I do rock climb which helps tone my upper torso and I cycle which helps tone my lower torso, however I doubt I will ever look like those girls. Equally so as I get older, I have noticed that my shape is changing and where my body deposits fat is changing also, so to be lean I start to show bones in my face and upper chest which is seriously unattractive, I end up looking like Madonna.

I would like to see articles that focus on the woman over 40 and how she can maintain a fabulous look without the Skelator similies
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Love Xfit women. Miranda is my crossfit crush...
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Best photos in the article...

Skinny (yuck)....

Strong...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattkovacs View Post
    Bull. That is Bull. You will reach whatever goal you set for yourself.
    That's a sweet but somewhat naive notion.

When I was 15-25... I WAS one of those super fit and very muscular girls. I WORKED hard physically.
    Now I'm near 40 and have both a rare degenerative nerve disease (diagnosed at 25) AND an even more rare condition that causes very high intracranial pressure that creates all sorts of CRAZY problems... such as literally not being able to stand or speak if I over use my diaphragm (that increases the pressure inside my skull).
    I could set goals and plan to "do" from here to eternity... I'm not going to magically be 20 and healthy again.

That's just me... but there are also people who cannot afford crossfit on their income, cannot spend the hours necessary to rebuild their bodies to that level in the gym due to other obligations (husbands,children, jobs, ect.) to meet in addition to "gym time", and/or have other less extreme mobility limitations that prevent that level of intense workout and fitness.

No matter how you slice it, a tomato is a tomato. It's not going to do ME any good to feel bad about myself because I can't be just lie those young, beautiful, strong bodied girls anymore. I accept that so that I CAN be happy with who I am now and, and be happy with the improvements that I can make in my life and health.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I don't know for whom the whole of the fashion industry is geared.
    Gay guys. Why else do models look like 12 year old boys...
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

patski is offline Senior Member
    Great article. I've lost count as to how many times I've heard women say:

"BUT I DON'T WANNA GET BULKY!!!"

It's impossible unless yer on the ROIDS!!!

Society/marketing gurus do not help.

It's been tweeted!!!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Nyyna is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    skinny fat , croosfit figure, i won't throw a stone to any of these girls . i just know that i had been given the gift of an healthy body , even if i am overweigth(new to primal ) , so the goal is to achieve the best of myself potential.
    one where i'll be more happy, joyous, and free .
    Sounds familliar ?
    Last edited by Nyyna; 03-22-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12