Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What benefits have you experienced by adding bone broth to your diet? page 2

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have you considered a non-hormonal IUD?

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I'm allergic to copper.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Yikes, definitely not an option!!

Ljphalen is offline Member

G-Ma Knows Best

I've always had bone broth in my diet, so I can't exactly say that this is something I'd thought about much. Recently, though, I've been talking to my mother and grandmother a lot about food (and they listen, cuz all of us are into health from the nerd's standpoint), and they pointed out something interesting: every woman in my family maintains their bone health post-menopause (grandma has the bone density of a 35-year-old), and none of us has any cellulite, even those of us who are overweight. I was 140lbs overweight a few years ago, and even then I had no cellulite. My mother, in her forties, still has clear, smooth skin and is regularly mistaken for my sister. My grandmother is in her sixties and looks like she's 45.

When asked, my grandmother says about laboratory-tinkered foods like margarine and fat-free cheese: "I trust cows more than scientists."

Paleobird Guest
    I had (professionally diagnosed) osteopenia as an after effect of chemotherapy which is now gone (professionally scanned and back to healthy density). You could say that it was the bone broth but I would say that is was the bone broth as a part of the whole PB eating/fitness/sleep/play/sunshine plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Yes, actually. My doc's switching me to another type, since mine's become quite controversial. I'd like to go without hormones, but I suffer particular allergies. It's hormones or a monthly gamble for me.
    Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? Fertility awareness is non-hormonal, non-latex and it works.
    My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

harpoonman is offline Junior Member
    I've had plantar fasciitis for almost two years with no relief. I went on the Paleo diet two months ago mainly because of the reported anti-inflammatory effects and to loose weight. I've been drinking 1 to 2 cups of homemade chicken/beef bone broth for the past two weeks and have noticed considerably less heel pain. I've also been drinking a daily smoothy made with almond milk, hemp seeds, hemp oil and coconut oil for about two weeks. Maybe the positive effects of the Paleo diet are finally kicking in after two months? Or maybe the addition of EFAs? I don't know, but I didn't start to get relief until I started the bone broth/smoothy routine. It feels wonderful to be able to walk again.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    My hair and eyelashes are growing faster too - especially my armpit hair! My knees click less (a lifelong problem) and it makes all my soups and stews taste lovely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12