Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 95% primal one week and feeling fatigued after eating breakfast? page

Aliophile is offline Senior Member

95% primal one week and feeling fatigued after eating breakfast?

Primal Fuel
    It's all I can do to get down three eggs, 4 sausages and a green salad this morning. The process is making me feel so tired I just want to lie down and sleep. What happened to all my energy? Any ideas?
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    You cut out all your carbs. Coming from someone who went primal in June, cut carbs to less than 50g for several months, and now has to deal with low testosterone and low thyroid: you need to eat more carbs.

I haven't cut out all my carbs actually. I get plenty of greens and veggies and nuts and the odd fruit, not to mention 3-4 Tbsps raw honey per day.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    It's all I can do to get down three eggs, 4 sausages and a green salad this morning. The process is making me feel so tired I just want to lie down and sleep. What happened to all my energy? Any ideas?
    I'm a big eater and it would be all I could do to hope to knock back three eggs and four sausages, forget the salad;-)

You are simply switching from carb to fat burning and it takes a little time. Relax and maybe try smaller portions at first.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed the honey consumption--that much won't help you convert to fat burning. I really suggest cutting that and the fruit at first to get your body processing fat--try the medium-chain fatty acids like butter & coconut oil. Easier for the body to convert to burnable fuel.

Hang in there and you will feel better. Fruit and honey just delay the process I'm afraid. . .

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I'm the same way~ if I eat breakfast, I'm done for the day energy wise~ and if I eat any carbs in the morning, I just want to graze the day away. Only thing that really works for me is IF~ in particular, Fast-5. Maybe you're like me~ function best on an empty stomach~ save the digestion for night, after the work (hunting/gathering) is done.

kevingeary is offline Senior Member
    It's probably just the overall large consumption of food. Big meals require lots of energy to digest.

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    I've been 100% for exactly a week. Days 2-5 were just as you describe. But it seems to have passed the last couple days and I'm sleeping soundly, when I'm supposed to.

I'm fairly certain the fatigue was just my body's way of telling me it wants pizza! I just told it to piss off and gave it protein, fat, and veggies. Now, just 7 days later and I feel fantastic. Although I did take an hour nap this afternoon (hey, it's Sunday), I got right up and got busy with plenty of refreshed energy. The stamina increase I'm already feeling is remarkable.

Hang tuff... and gimme' some of that sausage!
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

denasqu we're on the same timeline - how fun : ) thanks guys. I was eating all that protein because I'd been reading somewhere on one of these threads regarding the work of Jack Kruse and leptin sensitivity that you should eat 50g protein 30 minutes after you get up ... my hormones are seriously out of whack and I wanted to give that a go. I've begun supplementing with iodine and I'm hoping to see and feel some major improvements soon.

After my tiring big breakfast I laid down for an hour but then had loads of energy and put on some british invasion tunes from the 80s and had a little dance. I must not have been that tired after all. Of course Bow Wow Wow is like an energy injection.

There's way too much info on this site for a newbie - that's what I'm having most trouble digesting, I think!

I'm cutting back on the amount of food because I get on just fine with a couple eggs and a green salad in the morning. As long as I don't feel headachey I'm totally fine with a very gradual fat loss, though I can already see an improvement after just one week, despite my crazy large breakfasts.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good idea : )

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    I'm a big eater and it would be all I could do to hope to knock back three eggs and four sausages, forget the salad;-)

You are simply switching from carb to fat burning and it takes a little time. Relax and maybe try smaller portions at first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast