Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95% primal one week and feeling fatigued after eating breakfast? page 2

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love the idea of IF and intend to try it once my migraines go away. I'm afraid if I don't eat at this stage that I'll get one, as I've done in the past. But I will say that I only have to eat two meals per day and I'm not hungry the rest of the time which is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I'm the same way~ if I eat breakfast, I'm done for the day energy wise~ and if I eat any carbs in the morning, I just want to graze the day away. Only thing that really works for me is IF~ in particular, Fast-5. Maybe you're like me~ function best on an empty stomach~ save the digestion for night, after the work (hunting/gathering) is done.
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Am definitely going to cut back as of tomoz!

Quote Originally Posted by kevingeary View Post
    It's probably just the overall large consumption of food. Big meals require lots of energy to digest.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I would really suggest - and this may be quite counterintuitive to disregard info - forget everything about Jack Kruze, leptin, intermittent fasting, blah blah blah, and just spend a good month getting better at doing the basic stuff in PB - the stuff in my sig. Stay off the boards, take some long walks, read the book, read it again. IF you encounter specific difficulties and have problems that need solving, then after a month or two of regular PB, come back and ask some Qs. I'm not trying to be unwelcoming, I'm suggesting that most of the stuff on this board is either overanalysis, geeking about nutrition and fitness (for the purpose of learning for learning's sake), or odd fringe diet stuff that gets tacked on to PB. You'll get the benefits of PB no matter how much protein you eat for breakfast - many, many of us have, and you can too. Good luck!~
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks for your perspective, tfarny : )

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I would really suggest - and this may be quite counterintuitive to disregard info - forget everything about Jack Kruze, leptin, intermittent fasting, blah blah blah, and just spend a good month getting better at doing the basic stuff in PB - the stuff in my sig. Stay off the boards, take some long walks, read the book, read it again. IF you encounter specific difficulties and have problems that need solving, then after a month or two of regular PB, come back and ask some Qs. I'm not trying to be unwelcoming, I'm suggesting that most of the stuff on this board is either overanalysis, geeking about nutrition and fitness (for the purpose of learning for learning's sake), or odd fringe diet stuff that gets tacked on to PB. You'll get the benefits of PB no matter how much protein you eat for breakfast - many, many of us have, and you can too. Good luck!~

Nady is offline Senior Member
    My take on this~

There is so much info because everyone is different! Start with basic PB and then learn your own body and how it functions best. Some need a big breakfast, others, small or none (like me) Some do best with low carbs (under 50) some need more (100+) I'm finally listening to my body again, instead of CW and so called *experts*!

A cooked breakfast fatigues me out just thinking about whole cooking and cleaning process, let alone eating it. That's why I just stick to eating fruit and maybe some nuts and yogurt in the morning and then eat a proper lunch. If it's not working for you try a few different approaches until you find what you feel better on.
    Last edited by J_walking_jonny; 03-04-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Right on, Nady.

Jonny - you crack me up : ) I don't mind the cooking. I've got it down to a science as far as the cleanup.

I think I'm going to go easy on the eggs for a while. Since I can't add sauteed onions to them anymore (due to migraines) they're just not tasty enough. I'm going to fry up a porkchop tomorrow morning. I'm one of those people who likes leftovers for breakfast : ) My whole life I've been conditioned to eat something fairly heavy in the morning to ward off headaches later.

My life will be SO much better after I kick the headaches!

Quote Originally Posted by J_walking_jonny View Post
    A cooked breakfast fatigues me out just thinking about whole cooking and cleaning process, let alone eating it. That's why I just stick to eating fruit and maybe some nuts and yogurt in the morning and then eat a proper lunch. If it's not working for you try a few different approaches until you find what you feel better on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12