Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hip issues page

anjelevil is offline Senior Member

hip issues

Primal Fuel
    I have been having regular bouts of bursitis in my right hip.It impacts my sleep,standing,walking and sitting.
    Today I decided to hell with it..I need to be active.Everything I pulled up online to do(zumba,cardio,dance..all hurt a lot).
    I want to start getting active and for me the primal way of eating includes becoming active..not waiting for a month or 2..need to do something now.
    My question is what would you suggest to deal with hip pain and what exercises would be good to do despite the hip?I want something cardio based.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Gentle yoga?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Just walking all day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

aikidochris is offline Member
    I may be wrong here but I believe the primary treatment for bursitis is rest? If you're having problems with your hip it will, IMHO, be most beneficial to get that sorted out and then when its better try for some cardio. By all accounts based on a little research I have done it seems any excessive movement of the joint will just cause further inflammation?

If I were you I would rest/ice or however you've been diagnosed to treat the pain but at the same time learn some joint mobility techniques, check these guys out: MobilityWOD

You could also try some swimming, since that is generally low impact, while your hip is recovering.

cline is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    I have been having regular bouts of bursitis in my right hip.It impacts my sleep,standing,walking and sitting.
    Today I decided to hell with it..I need to be active.Everything I pulled up online to do(zumba,cardio,dance..all hurt a lot).
    I want to start getting active and for me the primal way of eating includes becoming active..not waiting for a month or 2..need to do something now.
    My question is what would you suggest to deal with hip pain and what exercises would be good to do despite the hip?I want something cardio based.
    Sent my boss to pt for the same problem. It's helped her a lot! Some particular stretches, certain strengthening moves, and core work have helped. I highly highly recommend pt. go to a place that specializes in ART, etc.

[QUOTE=aikidochris;742277]I may be wrong here but I believe the primary treatment for bursitis is rest? If you're having problems with your hip it will, IMHO, be most beneficial to get that sorted out and then when its better try for some cardio. By all accounts based on a little research I have done it seems any excessive movement of the joint will just cause further inflammation?

If I were you I would rest/ice or however you've been diagnosed to treat the pain but at the same time learn some joint mobility techniques, check these guys out: MobilityWOD

Thanks very much.I checked out the site and it seems to have lots of good ideas.
    This has been ongoing since last July.I see an osteopath but it's too expensive to do all the time.Ibuprofen works but only for as long as they are in the system..and they make me ill as well as not being good for the body in the long run.
    I have a very physical job so it's difficult to get any proper resting time when you are always on your feet.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply

Quote Originally Posted by cline View Post
    Sent my boss to pt for the same problem. It's helped her a lot! Some particular stretches, certain strengthening moves, and core work have helped. I highly highly recommend pt. go to a place that specializes in ART, etc.
    PT?Is this pilates?Thanks for the reply

Thanks everyone.Appreciate the ideas and suggestions

aikidochris is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No problem, just out of interest what do you do for a job?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast