Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In starting to struggle..... again page 3

chriswbread is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    My wife is a chocoholic. She can go without chocolate for a day or 2. She thinks I'm on another diet. I do tell her this is my new lifestyle. So I am determined to succeed and prove her wrong. Thing is she has more problems than me, so I'm hoping she jumps on board.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    You have to do it for you. Might sound simple but in reality no advice anyone can give or any nifty tricks or ideas are gonna make any difference in your day to day life. You decide what you put in your mouth throughout the day. When you are truly sick of being fat or unhealthy or whatever it is that makes you toy with the idea of being primal that is when you will find the motivation to stick with it. Personally I love food but I love my family more. I have been primal almost 14 months and it is still a daily struggle to not put processed carbs and other sugary crap in my mouth but I get through it one day at a time. You slip up and you just get right back on the band wagon. That is life and life is made of choices. When you choose to be healthy and primal then you will find that will power but it really needs be an all or nothing at least at the start. You just have to find your reason which is in turn your strength.

Best of luck. Find your reason and hold on to it.

This is really good advice. The strength lies inside you and you will fail until you are dedicated to becoming healthy and you love yourself more than junky food. You can do it!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkiesnKetchup View Post
    before going primal how did you prepare your foods? How many do you cook for?
    Well, incidentally, when I did make stuff, it usually ended up being fairly primal; I've never been one to make lots of pasta. The simpler the preparation, the better, so broiling a steak - no problem. Largely, though, I would eat out and then have leftovers. Embarrassingly enough, I cook only for myself!

Syd
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Try intermittent fasting and calorie/carb cycling- eat no carbs whatsoever some days and on days you do eat carbs do IF:
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Take a look at Barbara Sher's book 'How to Get the Life You Want'. The first chapter has some excellent exercises to help determine what techniques for motivation will work on YOU. Shame, praise, competition, fear, rewards...they all have their uses, but there will be some techniques that are best for each individual. Likewise, there are some things that just don't affect you, so why bother using them.

chriswbread is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. I will check her book out.

jenZ is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hang in there- it's just not worth it to go through getting back on track again after you realize how horrible you feel from getting off of primal. If you want a good snack just to kick the cravings- look up paleo chocolate chip cookies and paleo pumpkin muffins. Revise your meal options and make sure you get enough good fats. You can do it- be strong!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123