Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused about when I should eat my starches page 2

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most people here get the best results from focusing carb consumption post-workout with low to moderate fat, and a eating a little more carbs in the meal before a workout.

If you're active most days it's very easy to eat moderate carbs and avoid glycogen stores getting full up, thus avoiding dietary glucose being turned to body fat. And you will feel the benefit of dual fuel.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Post. Or, whenever you want. But especially post.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Can I ask you why, as a weak, underweight young male you've dropped strength training for HIIT and light cardio?

Your workout plan sounds like one for someone that's overweight and trying to shed 40 pounds of flab, or is trying to get cut for a BB competition, or make weight in a weight class sport.

6' 130# with no visable abdominal definition shows a serious lack of lean body mass. You will not gain muscle mass to perform your HIIT training well with this plan.

What are your goals?

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Well, I was pretty much trying to get at as lean of a body mass as I could, with abs showing, BEFORE I started bulking up, and then I would do cardio simultaneously, but I've changed that as I know it's only counteracting myself, as to get leaner I would have to definitely include weight lifting in there too so, I'm back to the weights now. Also, people kept telling me I was doing too much with strength training 3 days a week and HIIT the other 2-3.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    Well, I was pretty much trying to get at as lean of a body mass as I could, with abs showing, BEFORE I started bulking up, and then I would do cardio simultaneously, but I've changed that as I know it's only counteracting myself, as to get leaner I would have to definitely include weight lifting in there too so, I'm back to the weights now. Also, people kept telling me I was doing too much with strength training 3 days a week and HIIT the other 2-3.
    Good. The resistance training should definitely be PRIMARY. All else is just gravy, or if your overtraining then thats the stuff you should cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12