Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dental surgery page 2

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Awww you poor thing.

Wierdly, I was pondering this last night - was even googling orthodontics!

I was going to suggest scrambled eggs but...

Maybe smoothies and juices are the way to go? With raw egg if you fancy it (I wouldn't myself), coconut milk for fat.

Is there anything on WAPF about convalescing, or feeding the elderly - don't take that the wrong way, I'm thinking along the lines of not being able to chew!

Baked squashes blend nicely into soups.

Mashed / pureed sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips?

Banana, avocado?

If you don't mind, I'd be interested in some more detail on what you've actually had done? I'm intrigued!

Hope it goes well and you feel better quickly!

Athena is offline Senior Member

freeze some coconut milk into ice cubes, mix in with berries or an avocado in a blender! amazing!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the inspiration everyone. I was totally having a mental block, since I do tend to chew my food! LOL

@ NorthernMonkey

I have had as I said my upper palette widened using a (it seemed like an ancient torture device) dental appliance that I had to crank everyday for 3 months. I then had surgergy removing some "extra" molars, and wisdom teeth. A round of braces.

Round two of braces (new orthodontist), and now another surgery to correct my jaw issues (my back teeth don't touch together and it's getting worse over time), and they are going to fix some of the stuff that went wrong first surgery by burning off some gum tissue.

People are always stunned because I don't look like I need a lot of orthodontics. I don't have ridiculously crooked teeth, or a horrendous over or under bite. It's all sort of invisible problems causing me cronic discomfort.

I look at childhood pictures though and really do see the cramped and crowded face that WAPF talks about. I look at my two boys and they have the roundest faces, and wide noses and palettes. Only time will tell, but I really hope that proper nutrition will save them from some of this.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

periquin is offline Senior Member

Use whatever is your favorite soup recipe and just before taking it out of the pot hit it with your immersion wand type blender.

Creams and smooths anything.

Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Surgery went really well. I made a spicy tomato basil soup and pureed it last night, so all I had to do was heat it up and stir in some egg for protein. Very yummy and satisfying. Hopefully I can last the 7 days.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

oh good! Glad it went smoothly. The soup sounds great!!!

I just posted another blended soup on my website - I reserved some "chunks" to put back in for texture but you could blend the whole thing. It's carby (potatoes) but oh so good.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12