Thread: Mainstream America - Fats and Protein page

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I have to post a vent that I am sure has been done time and time again.

I get so tired of having to defend eating saturated fats and protein as a mainstay of my eating plan.

I am tired of being told it is unhealthy, which it is not.

They think there is no truth to how people used to eat and were healthier, compared to how people eat today and the rate of disease and disorder in this country alone.

The proof is in the pudding.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

I completely understand leanlioness. I have the same thing happen day in and day out. I live with my mom who has been on WW for ever and it works for her, but when I explain to her that an extremely important part of being primal is saturated fat... she just loses it. She says she is supportive but then all of the sudden "Fat is just not good for you Manda, I don't care what they say on your primal site. I can't eat fat, it makes me feel sick and bloated. YOu should stick to Skim milk it is better for you..." yada yada yada onandonandon... oh well... *sigh* we do what we can eh?!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Darthash is offline Senior Member

No one has really argue'd with me yet, though i have only just started this, but if they do, then ill let the way i look do the talking.

but a bloke i work with, i introduced to the primal living and he is loving it as well. so i must be very persuasive

Ash

Lillian is offline Member

There are always people who will criticize what you do regardless of what you say and what you try to tell them and when they tell you those things, maybe you shouldn't have to explain because it would just be a waste of breath when you could be eating bacon instead just smile and agree with them and when they eventually see how your health is better than theirs with their low-fat high carb diets, that'll shut them up

Athena is offline Senior Member

I just laugh. This girl was trying to tell me that red meat and fat is bad for you....as she was eating microwavable mac and cheese and dipping ritz crackers in it..Also the fact that she was a good 40-50lbs heavier than me...I just let them think that they want to, if they every want info on primal, ill give it.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

I was telling my dad about this at the weekend and I was very surprised that he was very positive, but it may be because this is the first time I have lost weight in 20 years, so I think he is pleased for that alone.

Someone at work accused me of just jumping on a bandwagon and believing everything I read. I tried to convince her that in fact the opposite is true. For the whole of my life I believed what I was told, and only now have I looked up the research and am figuring it out for myself. When I mention the word 'research' she just raises her eyes as if it's proof of how gullible I am. But she is one of the ones who says fat people should 'get off their fat lazy arses...' so she is not too bright.

I think the thing is not to try and change people unless you can tell they really want to. It's hard when you feel all motivated like I do, but you have to sit on it, sadly. I guess the proof is in the pudding (low carb of course).

Edit: By the way, I'm in the UK so it is the same here.

Greg B is offline Junior Member

It's very difficult to convince most people. I find it best to simply answer questions politely and never bring it up myself.

The only time people will listen is if they're asking you anyway.

gini is offline Senior Member

I feel your pain. No one seems to bother me about what I eat because I'm thin, though I do get the "you should have this cookie: look at you, your body can afford it."

My rant today is an email I received from my friend about what snacks she should bring to an Oscar movie marathon. Her snack box includes: pretzels, pb&j sandwiches, fruit roll-ups Goldfish crackers, Pringles, M&Ms, combos, Flipz, cut up veggies with those little things of ranch dip, apples/grapes and fruit dip too, water bottle.

Wither the protein?

Greg B is offline Junior Member

Ranch has buttermilk....

Bring jerky!