Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Siouxzee's Journal - February 2012 page

Siouxzee is offline Member

Siouxzee's Journal - February 2012

Primal Fuel
    Hello All,

My story is not one of struggling with my weight for most of my life. In fact I was very thin with no effort throughout childhood and my teen years. Weight loss was a matter of cutting back on what I ate for a week or two. Usually the difference between being a size 10 and a size 6. At different times even smaller, under 100lbs until I was in my 20s.

My struggle with weight began with marriage and pregnancy. I just have never been able to lose the "baby weight", my son is now 9, so that excuse is gone. I walked like mad after having him, cut out junk food and in time starting going to the gym 3-4 times a week. This resulted in a 30lb weight gain over three years. I developed endometriosis and ended up having a hysterectomy 4 years ago. This stopped me from even attending weekly yoga and I just never got back to it.

I've been through "low carb" bouts and always lost weight. However, I'd get tired of the diet, and slip up and then go back to eating both high fat/protein AND carbs which would result in weight gain.

I am only 5 feet tall and (I've not been on the scale in a while) probably about 175lbs. I've had high blood pressure for 13 years, was diagnosed when I was thin. I'm taking medication and also a diuretic has been prescribed, but I'm trying to control the water weight with dandelion tincture instead of the stupid pills.

For various reasons my life is VERY stressful right now. I do have time and opportunity to exercise, and was consistently hiking with my dogs last summer, but seasons changed, job changed and I got out of the habit. I can't seem to get back INTO the habit. I keep having to buy new clothes because the old ones are tight and uncomfortable. I'm starting to go through menopause which is NOT helping things.

I just can't seem to get motivated. I'm starting to eat snacks every night, and while sugar isn't a huge temptation, salt is for sure. I LOVE eating Primal, I've never been a huge carb fanatic, so it's easy to not eat starches, but I do fall off the wagon when it comes to popcorn, chips etc.

So, here I am. I'm just looking for motivation. Am going to download an app to my iPhone to help track what I am eating and I just ordered the "21 Day Total Body Transformation" from Amazon.

I live in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, married with one son, 9, and am 46 the end of this month.

Hi!

locogirlp is offline Junior Member
    Hi there Siouxzee...

HA! I think you were posting in my journal as I was posting in yours.....wow!

I see a lot of myself in what you've written. Endo, hysterectory, slipping up on my diet plans, and stress stuffs. You said you wanted motivation?

I don't know really what to say that would be the 'right' thing, but I can say what helps me. I look at my mom, and I love and respect her dearly, but I just don't want to be her when I'm in my 60's! Diabetic, heavy, not enjoying my retirement years. I'm almost 45 and ya know.....I want to be healthy at this point a lot more than I want to be fashionably thin. I just want to keep feeling okay in my skin.

You CAN do it! MDA is a great place to be!
    Last edited by locogirlp; 03-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Hi again,

Yes, we DO have a lot in common - I'm turning 46 the end of March. My Mom has had heart disease since she was 65 and while she is quite thin, my sister and I already look a great deal alike, and I am starting to be ashamed of what I look like.

I want to be strong and not get so out of breath climbing one simple flight of stairs.

I plan to get to it Monday- Mondays are always a good starting day for me - I've even gained weight since the summer - probably close to 10lbs,and my "fat" jeans are getting tight.

I just feel ugly and fat, which I KNOW is wrong, but there it is.

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to keep on this forum to get some ideas and motivation.

Take care,
    Sue

I haven't accomplished anything besides eating junk food every night after dinner.....

Can't seem to get motivated - got the 21 Day Transformation in the mail Monday, and have barely opened it up. My older dog is sick. He's a rescue, has been sick for over 2 years since we got him, pretty much. Has a massive abscess caused by an MRSI; needs surgery, we can't afford it. Seeing a holistic vet who combines traditional vet medicine with homeopathy. Seeing her again today, but it seems nothing is working. This is a constant daily stress and has been since we got him. He is 100% my care, husband seldom helps and since everything "grosses" him out, he will barely hold his head while I put drops in his ears.

I realized the other day I don't do ANYTHING for myself. Other than eat. 99% of what I do is for someone else, husband, son, dogs, workplace, friends, Mom; I can't even get to a yoga class or get a pedicure bc as soon as work is over it's 2 hours of errands, emails, phone calls, appointments, all in the name of someone else.

Just rambling - feeling very discouraged - which is sad because today is my son's 9th birthday so I should be happy. Will have to fake it for the family tonight.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Hang in there! You can do it!

Thanks, Andy, I'm trying, but can't seem to get motivated........I know it's eating the junk that is making me feel so crappy, and therefore less motivated to get on the right path or to go for a walk.

I have been walking every day for the past 4 days, and did manage to eat primally for two days now. Already my joint pain is less.
    Did blood work, and see the doctor tomorrow, so I'll get the "lecture" if my cholesterol is high or blood sugar is out of whack.

I have been walking every day for the past 4 days, and did manage to eat primally for two days now. Already my joint pain is less.
    Did blood work, and see the doctor tomorrow, so I'll get the "lecture" if my cholesterol is high or blood sugar is out of whack.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Souixzee, maybe you could find something that you can do other than eat "junk" food? Something that keeps your hands busy and the brain stimulated? You've got alot on your daily plate miss! Crossword puzzles maybe, like some small ones that don't take much time, but get you distracted and thinking about something else.

alikay is offline Junior Member
    Hi Souixzee,

You mentioned having a weakness for salty foods. Have you tried kale chips? They might satisfy that craving. Here's a recipe: City Kitchen Chronicles: Kale Chips

You don't have to add the vinegar if you don't want...salt and oil is enough!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast