Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food ideas for 11month baby girl!!! page

Duckmanfoo is offline Junior Member

Food ideas for 11month baby girl!!!

Primal Fuel
    I been looking but can't seem to find step by step food guide for wanna-be- Primal little ones...
    We are doing Primal; broths, purees with beef chick and all the good veggies, egg yolks, and liver and sauerkraut juice and raw milk and yogurt. Also some fruit purees too... Fermented cod liver too.

But baby needs to start to learn to feed herself. Not having cheerio's, goldfish and other cereals and cracker finger foods to work with seems to be a chore on our end. Other than boring steamed carrot sticks, which she won't eat, what is there???? She has no desire for steamed veggie sticks of any kind.

We are at a major road block in our Paleo Primal push for our little one!!

Any help and advice would be appreciated greatly!!!

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    I'd recommend checking out the Healthy Baby Code by Chris Kresser.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Baby Led Weaning - The Mush Stops Here!

Broccoli stalk (maybe cooked to make it softer?), cooked spinach, meat (let her eat it right off the bone), any fruit really... berries, banana, grapefruit & oranges (just cut out the insides for her), avocado

How about letting her dip the steamed veggies in homemade dip, she might like that.

checkout everyday paleo, also two new paleo kid books Eat Like a Dinosaur and Jimmy and the Carrot Ship
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

activia is offline Senior Member
    Hardboiled eggs
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Mashed sweet potato, fruit of all kinds (not juice, whole fruit!), berries, ground or pureed meat and organ meats, chopped fish, etc.

Babies can eat anything adults eat as long as it's soft enough and small enough to swallow.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    My kids were always introduced to solids by sitting in my lap during meal times and grabbing off my plate. I imagine it's worked that way for as long as humans have existed. Nurse when they want to, include them in meal times by letting them watch you and mimic you, trying your food.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    +1 Keevelish. So much easier (esp. when they're older and like or dislike food) to let them eat off your plate, or their own but same food.

It's very common for breastfed babies to not eat much (unless made to) until they're closer to 2 than 1.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    WE did baby lead weaning. DS's first foods were broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers, cooked beans -- anything he could hold and eat with his fingers (it was pre-primal, btw). He could eat a whole apple (by himself, not cut into bits or a puree) at 11 months.

If you've been doing purees, you'll have to watch carefully, because purees have taught her to circumvent the gag reflex. BUT, it can be done.

Essentially, watch carefully, and if she can hold it, she can eat it.

Strips of steak, chicken, even fish would be fine, as well as any veg that she can hold onto. Sweet potato "fries" (we cut them into rounds or strips and then baked them) are also great.

DS's favorite food now (3.5) is . . . SUSHI!

We went to sushi the other day (for him), and he got 2 x avocado/tuna, 2x avocado/salmon, 1x california roll with crab, 1x avocado and shrimp. His favorite part? FISH! second? NORI! third? AVOCADO! last? rice. LOL the way he says it is like that "rice." LOL

anyway, his palate is very broad, and there isn't anything he won't try. He loves food of all kinds -- indian, thai, malasian, japanese, persian/middle eastern, and a variety of others.

he's into trying new foods all the time -- what is this? I will try! It. mmm! It's good. I like it. Lets get it again.

He says this about pretty much everything!

I can't tell you how wonderfully it works. Enneagram -- pretty sure he's an 8 with a 7 wing.

SuBee is offline Member
    We had a cool thing when my son was little--it was a little mesh bag with a handle. You could put a hunk of something in it, like a peach slice, and he could gum on it without worries about choking. I think he was younger than your babe, though, when we were using it.

It was definitely our experience also that eating solid foods took a backseat to nursing until 1 1/2 or 2.

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought this was very interesting. The basic premise, children need to eat tougher foods to strengthen jaw muscles, and develop an appropriate size and shaped pallet.

Of course you have to watch more closely for choking that you would if you were feeding mushy pureed veggies, but I have to assume that you're supervising meal times anyway.

I wish I would have had this info when my little guy was younger.

P.S. This entire video series is worth checking out.

wormmy1's Channel - YouTube

(my apologies to any YouTube addicts out there...I've just stolen a lot of hours from you with that link)
    Last edited by NWPrimate; 03-03-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast