Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest way to fantastic? page

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member

Fastest way to fantastic?

Primal Fuel
    Okay, I know I have a long road and many hurdle to get to the rockstar hottie I know is hiding underneath all this flab. I am doing Dr. K's Leptin Rx and that is going well, but I am (more than) ready to add in some exercise. I am graduating college this spring, and hope to be starting a new teaching job in August or September (fingers crossed for teaching / relocating the fam to New Orleans). I want to be in super shape before starting the next stage of my life. I have access to a decent gym while in school, I have resistance band and dumbbells and and a ski machine and an extremely hilly country locale at home. I have tried every Beachbody program out there (literally, I own 5 or 6?) and a bunch of others. I am willing to do any of the programs I already own (P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, INSANITY, TurboFire, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam) and to include other things, but I am really looking for the fastest way to get me to fantastic and having to buy an entirely new work wardrobe before I start teaching next summer.

Will seriously consider any and all suggestions!

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i say do one beach body thing a day
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Walk, spring, lift heavy things?
    Add some of the others into the mix if you want to but don't neglect the big 3.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Transmutable is offline Junior Member
    Lightning results, miracle cures, instant fixes, overnight changes... are almost always a hoax. I'm still new here, so I'll leave the program suggestions to others who are hip to that jive.

But the problem with fast is you'll skimp on your rest days and try to do too much. You'll raise your risk of getting seriously injured, and you'll burn yourself out. The schedule of reinforcement is too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmutable View Post
    Lightning results, miracle cures, instant fixes, overnight changes... are almost always a hoax. I'm still new here, so I'll leave the program suggestions to others who are hip to that jive.

But the problem with fast is you'll skimp on your rest days and try to do too much. You'll raise your risk of getting seriously injured, and you'll burn yourself out. The schedule of reinforcement is too slow.
    I definitely not expecting overnight results, but I feel l like when I have tried anything in the past, 3 months of ridiculously hard work has resulted in almost negligible results. I want help figuring out or designing a program that will give me noticeable (and hopefully awesome) results after 5 months of hard dedicated work. I am not afraid of hard work by any means, I just don't want to spin my hamster wheel to get nowhere!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    I am willing to do any of the programs I already own (P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, INSANITY, TurboFire, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam) and to include other things
    No. These are the fastest ways to deter your progress by overworking and injuries.

I say go to the gym and do some squats and bench presses (and other heavy lifts) every other day.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Go heavy if you want to get fit, simple as that.

I'd suggest Starting Strength or Reverse Pyramid training while you have access to a barbell equipped gym.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Go heavy if you want to get fit, simple as that.

I'd suggest Starting Strength or Reverse Pyramid training while you have access to a barbell equipped gym.
    What is reverse pyramid training? I do much better with heavy dumbbell barbell programs, so I would be interested in this...

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    What is reverse pyramid training? I do much better with heavy dumbbell barbell programs, so I would be interested in this...
    Reverse Pyramid... to take from my previous workout : Squats, 5 warmup sets with increasing weight and then 1 max set (I shoot for 5 reps), 3 minute rest and drop the weight 10-15% and beat the previous set by 1 rep, 3 min rest and drop the weight another 10-15% and beat that set by 1 rep.

So I warmed up with 2x5 with just the bar, 1x5 135, 1x3 205, 1x2 275. Then I did 5 reps at 340, 6 reps at 305 and 7 reps at 275. I take minimal rest between warmup sets and then a big 5-7min rest before hitting the heavy weight.

You can find more information here : ‘The Big 3′ Routine | RippedBody.jp
    I only do deadlifts on day 2, I do 3x5 chinups on days 1 and 3, when I get strong enough I'll change to RPT for chinups as well.

For adding weight, your top set usually has a rep range, say 4-6 reps. So when you add weight if you only get to 4 reps that's fine, and when you can do 6 reps at that weight you bump it up again.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

emerson is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sprint and lift heavy. I differ from federkeil a bit but I'm much less advanced in lifting from what I've read. I alternate a simple variation of starting strength. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday are lifting heavy so I squat every workout but alternate dead lift and bench-press with overhead-press and pull-ups. So weeks where I dead lift once I do sprint workouts twice and weeks where I dead lift twice I sprint once. Most sprint workouts are based on Clyde Hart's work outs for 400 meters because back when I was an athlete that's what I ran so that's what I'm comfortable with, ymmv... Mostly it's simple for me anyway... 8x80m and 8x40m on speed days with rest of about 3 minutes between reps of 4 and 12 minutes between sets. Speed endurance days are the worst: 3 or 4 x 300 to 350 meters with about 9 minutes rest between. Sprints are alternated based on how I feel from the lifting... Weeks with lots of energy are speed and endurance (lactic acid) days weeks with less are just speed... Any off day I feel like doing anything is a timed 5K cause it's that time of year and I have a personal goal to get on in under 21 minutes by the end of the spring. I'm at 23:53. anyway that's prolly more than anyone wanted to know, but fastest way to fantastic... I weighed 250 at 5'11" two years ago and now I'm still 5'11" but 165 dead lifting more than I ever weighed.
    Last edited by emerson; 03-02-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast