I really don't know for sure what things I've tried actually "worked". But here are things I've tried (I don't do them all the time and some I don't do anymore):
- IF. Skip breakfast or skip breakfast and lunch once a week.
- Bulletproof fast - bulletproof coffee for breakfast instead of food.
- Core fitness class - building muscle slowly with my own body weight and light weights.
- Taking a walk every day, not a powerwalk but more like make sure I get out in the sunshine every day and look at some nature.
- 25mg of potassium iodine and 200mcg of selenium. I wake up burning hot at night (I take them before bed because that's when I remember them) so I think it really does help my metabolism. Some say you have to be very careful with iodine supplements.
- Very low carb at first to get my body to know how to use my body fat for energy.
- Somewhat low carb now (50-60g) so I feel energetic but don't lose the ability to drop into ketosis if I feel like it (I have my reasons.) Also, at my age and size, 50-60g is a decent proportion of my daily food intake.
- Daily wine and chocolate. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
- Spending too much time on MDA but it keeps me focused on my progress and on my goals.
- Doing things when I'm good and ready and really wanting it (like the core fitness class or sprinting) not just because I am "supposed to."
Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 162.5 x 2