Thread: Nature's Harmony Free Range Eggs page

bergster1010 Guest

Primal Fuel

At my local wal-mart they have Nature's Harmony Free Range Eggs. It does not say organic, but does see free range, they are a bit more expensive then regular eggs but not as much as organic eggs. Are these primal approved?

Also at Wal-Mart they have the brand Harvestland. I have been buying my chicken lately by Harvestland. It is about double of the other Wal-Mart chicken and it tastes damn good. Is Harvestland primal approved?

I am new to this primal lifestyle (about 4 wks in) and do no live too close to a all organic/grassfed beef place.

Thank you

Stabby is offline Senior Member

The eggs will be much better than conventional eggs. Free-run but not organic means that the feed wasn't organic so there will be some pesticide residues. Oh noes! run for cover! However will our livers contend?!

:P

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

bergster1010 Guest

Eggland's best orgainc eggs is my other choice but they are like double the price of Nature's Harmony.

Dagny is offline Member

Free-Range doesn't mean much, all it means is that the hens must have access to the outdoors, which could be just a small door to a concrete slab. Free-Roaming or Pasture-Raised is better.

verdilak is offline Member

The eggs will be much better than conventional eggs. Free-run but not organic means that the feed wasn't organic so there will be some pesticide residues. Oh noes! run for cover! However will our livers contend?!

I agree with Stabby.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

bergster1010 Guest

From the Nature's Harmony Website about free-range eggs:

In the spirit of renewal, we have converted abandoned cotton trailers into eggmobiles and use these vehicles to house our layers and follow the cows in their rotation. The eggmobile acts as a portable henhouse and the laying hens free range from it, eating bugs and scratching through cattle droppings to sanitize the pasture just like birds in nature that always follow herbivores as biological cleansers. Cows always stay a few days ahead of the chickens, mowing the grass down and allowing the chickens to clean up.

bergster1010 Guest

Oh...their cows are grass fed as well!