Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof Diet page

Ransom is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof Diet

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,
    So I'm following the guy promoting this seemingly paleo/primal approach with some tweaks on twitter (with realizing it at first). I happened upon his blog late last night and search around a little bit and signed up to get the PDF of the diet. I haven't read the tenets of the "diet" yet but I have read the shopping list. Seems to be effectively paleo/primal food and is mainly a different way of fasting. Something about coffee with butter in it. It also seems that his big thing is consuming things that have no mold or toxins. Anyway, with the understanding that I haven't read anything yet (won't open on my work computer - plan to read it tonight), has anyone tried it/have any thoughts on it. Seems somewhat intriguing. I currently do IF until lunch anyway but am always trying to tweak things to lean out that much more (and I could use a little leaning). Seems this could be a simple way to "tweak" things. Let me know your thoughts and many thanks!
    Strength and Honor

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    From what I read on his website, I think he is pretty much a strict paleo with some interesting tweaks. He is really a pure food kind of buy - except for the coffee!

He's a little too "strict" for my taste - I like to have my 20% non-primal when I want.
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, he is pretty strict. You have to be uber paranoid about all your food, and only (may I stress ONLY) eat fresh food because of the mycotoxin buildup in dead things. His followers are a bunch of really high-performance people who seek to max out their brain performance with all the fat they're ingesting. I tried it for 2+ weeks (upwards of 3,500 calories/day in mainly fats) and gained 5-10 pounds. It also hindered my gym performance in lifting and sprints. You have to invest a lot of time and money in researching and buying good quality foods, so I personally don't find it worth my time.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^It seems more likely you gained weight because you were eating a gross excess in calories...unless you're saying he suggests eating 3,500 calories a day?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^It seems more likely you gained weight because you were eating a gross excess in calories...unless you're saying he suggests eating 3,500 calories a day?
    Yeah I think the premise was that you're supposed to eat excess fat to promote body healing, and because the fat is so easily used as energy, your body naturally burns more even if you overconsume. He takes a buttload of supplements and uses a lot of "brain hacking" so I think that's also a large part of it.

MikeFlyMike is offline Junior Member
    Yes I downloaded his PDF. I have a different feel from him. He is indeed trying to sell his coffee beans and other stuff (no problem with that).. but he has a cool 5 page graphic showing what to eat or not eat with some prioritization.

So you know how some will critizie primal/paleo saying it is confusing or not sure if they can eat this or that....
    (and there are lots of definitions etc).

This makes it a bit of a scalable approach. In each of the "groups" he rates proteins, carbs, fats, etc in a simple order so you can say that "X is better than Y is better than Z"
    I think it makes it easy for a beginner to get their head around all the "rules".
    As mark says, first cut out grain, then sugars and if you forget everything else you are going to be better off.
    I use the graphic to show to people when they are curious or say, "its so confusing".

patski is offline Senior Member
    Yes, he's apparently got ripped abs from not exercising and consuming 4500 calories a day. I find this hard to believe.

There's no 20% with him. No sweets of any kind, which means no raw honey!

!?!??!?!??!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Yeah but he's okay with it, which is kind of cool. I actually don't care for sweets or fruit at all (except for chocolate, which he accepts), so I thought it would have been my thing. Completely. Wrong.

His podcasts are also very interesting, but after the speaker does their schpheal, he ends up critiquing them on all the stuff he's into and pushing his ideologies onto them, which I find kind of rude =\

patski is offline Senior Member
    Sakura: Agreed. It's very rude.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Ransom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Yes, he's apparently got ripped abs from not exercising and consuming 4500 calories a day. I find this hard to believe.

There's no 20% with him. No sweets of any kind, which means no raw honey!

!?!??!?!??!
    He's actually somewhat ok with Raw Honey in that it's in the middle of his spectrum of sweet - stevia being the best and aspartame being the worst. I guess he would consider it a "moderation" thing which is what Mark says as well.

Yeah, I still haven't had time to read anything about it but I'm getting the feeling I'm probably not going to go for it. I'll at least give it a read, though.
    Strength and Honor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast