Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Successful weight loss for women? page 6

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I'm a woman, and I've lost over seventy pounds so far. It might be harder for women - I have a LONG way to go, and I've been on a plateau for a while - but it's still remarkably successful. And I feel great!

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I have lost about 40 lbs. I find that when I eat meat, veggies, and fruits without having "20%", I lose. When I add in additional foods, be they primal "treats" (ie coconut flour goodies) or "20%" (ie, dark chocolate, ice cream), I stall and when I eat regular food, I gain. The fact is, I can't eat anything or as much as I want and lose weight. It's all good though. I'm trying now to cycle 30 days of meat, fruit and veggies with 30 days of meat, fruit, veggies and primal treats.

I think overall men have an easier time at losing weight and most men are coming from a place of too many calories, whereas women have often come from a place of starving their metabolism down to nothing. It takes time to heal that.
    Yup! This describes me to T. Before I figured it out, I went a little crazy. I tried the alternate day fasting, the primal potato diet, and intermittent fasting. Everything sort of worked, but it wasn't sustainable, and I would gain the weight back.

So I went back to AIP autoimmune protocol to focus on my health. The first time around, last September, I did lose by cutting out dairy, nuts and my gluten free treats). This time around, I lost about five pounds of bloat, and that was it. With this way of eating, I wouldn't get as hungry. Maybe I'd have lunch at 2 or 3pm, then not be hungry until bedtime. I started forcing myself to eat at regular times, because otherwise, I'd be so hungry at midnight, that I couldn't go back to sleep. Not a good idea to eat that late. I stalled. A few days ago, I went back to eating only when I was hungry, still following the AIP, and lost two pounds. This time around, I have planned better, so that I'm not facing down a bowl of beef stew at 11pm.

The point is, that for me, focusing on weight loss was making me crazy. Once I focused on my health, I could better see eating patterns that were causing me to stall.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    My wife went from a size five to a double zero in 5 months. I went from a 33" waist to a 30" waist in the same amount of time.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

cristina93 is offline Junior Member

:)

b&A.jpg

Im 19 and I lost 53 pounds in 6 months and had a complete lifestyle change. Its been about 2 months since I reached my weight goal and I have maintained. I did it following a diet plan called yes you can! diet plan and it is great, it teaches you what, when and how much to eat of everything. Also they have diet pills which are 100% natural so they do not have any side effects and they work amazing I havent had any problems; they are fat burner, collagen, colon cleanser and appetite suppressant. I am very happy with the results and with the plan that changed my life.

KT79 is offline Member
    I've lost about 20 pounds eating paleo (and I'm little, so that's a lot for me - about 15% of my body-weight, I'd guess). Really dropped off when I did a whole 30 - which cut out sugar and alcohol and pretty much all processed foods. I didn't take any 'before' pictures, otherwise I'd definitely put them up. I'm starting to see my ab muscles for the first time ever which is pretty cool, and had a great time wearing a bikini this summer for the first time in 15 years.

jmousey is offline Junior Member
    I'm new here and one of the big struggles I have is that I am 5 foot and weigh 122lbs. On my small frame it is too much and quite flabby but its also not a huge amount to have to lose. I am aiming for about 112 but on every other diet, including 5:2 diet, I've stalled at 117lbs. Then I fall off the wagon. I can see a few women there who have lost a lot, but are there any who didn't have a lot to lose in the first place? I suppose my reading of the forums seems to do indicate not to use Paleo cheat meals - but I don't know what they are? I thought coconut flour was ok but maybe I'm wrong when I've struggled so much.

paulwilson431 is offline Junior Member
    Make your goal. And make a plan to reduce your weight it will help you to get your desirable shape. Take healthy and proper diet and regular basis exercise. For more about your weight issue visit at : Home | Integrated Health Portal | Dr. Mosaraf Ali|Back Pain|Weight Loss|SPA|Neck Injuries

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmousey View Post
    I'm new here and one of the big struggles I have is that I am 5 foot and weigh 122lbs. On my small frame it is too much and quite flabby but its also not a huge amount to have to lose. I am aiming for about 112 but on every other diet, including 5:2 diet, I've stalled at 117lbs. Then I fall off the wagon. I can see a few women there who have lost a lot, but are there any who didn't have a lot to lose in the first place? I suppose my reading of the forums seems to do indicate not to use Paleo cheat meals - but I don't know what they are? I thought coconut flour was ok but maybe I'm wrong when I've struggled so much.
    Welcome mousey. You are indeed quite tiny, but that means any small amount of fat you lose will make a noticeable difference. AS WILL gaining muscle. I think that body composition is more important than the number on the scale as you become close to your goal. Some weight training, or even bodyweight exercise such as squats and press ups would probably shape your figure and build your strength as well as allowing you to eat a little more (but still primal i.e. primarily meat and veg)

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmousey View Post
    I am fairly short too, it was easy for me to lose but during the time I wanted to lose weight I did primal very strictly. No flour or sugar, including coconut, honey or maple syrup or sweetener of any kind whatsoever, (using coconut flour etc. to make pancakes and other baked goods are the cheats) some fruit everyday but stuck to berries, plus my regular half a banana with breakfast. So stuck to meat, veg. fruit and fat. I also had no form of potato or rice. I also stopped eating altogether from around 6.30 until around 10am next day. Had 3 meals a day and no snacks. I admit that my exercise is rather sporadic, but I did make an effort to at least do a good fast 20 min walk most days. Hopefully some of the things I did will help you too. To try and keep my weight from getting too low now, I have added in some rice and potato and sugar treats (but I really must cut out the sugar, just not good for me)
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I changed my WOE back in July for health reasons and am feeling 80% better and down 3 clothing sizes.
    From my experience, this
    WOE can promote weight loss for women.
    K

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast