Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Allergic to Carbs. Zero Carb (or at least low low carb) for Cure page 7

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It's also extremely important to have a flexible metabolism. It is an absolute sin to not be able to digest half the foods on Earth. He should be trying to fix his health, not avoid the issue. Going HFLC eternally in his case is exactly the same as a doctor prescribing a pill to help suppress side effects of a disorder instead of actually spending time to correct the disorder itself. That's exactly the mentality we discourage around here.
    Its one of many human diets to eat HFLC, so how does this become a "sin"? Did he slight God by shunning the bounty of the garden of eden or something? Sure he could reintroduce carbs at some point if he wants in a systematic manner, but really there is no scientific evidence that his will improve his overall health in any form.

Meh, OP has started another thread with a more updated version of what he's up to so.....

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

OMG, somebody get this fella some startch and fruit stat!!!! He feels.............great
    Ha you made me snort!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't true the first time, won't be true the one millionth time you say it.

"I feel fantastic on a high fat diet (meats, eggs, full fat yogurt, olive oil, avocado), obviously moderate to high protein.. Since almost completely eliminating carbs: (Zero to low low carbs.. less than 50 a day only coming form veggies) my energy is sustainable, my skin looks great, I sleep better, actually sustain my weight (& gain a little), heart beats quietly, stool seems perfect, & digestive system seems quiet & peaceful.. " - OP

OMG, somebody get this fella some startch and fruit stat!!!! He feels.............great
    Someone with severe tooth decay would feel fantastic having all their teeth removed. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to remove all their teeth. As usual, you can't argue in context. He clearly has severe health issues and your argument is to keep doing what he's doing when what he's doing is causing the problem. Pass the medication! No reason to fix the problem, just suppress the side effects.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Its one of many human diets to eat HFLC, so how does this become a "sin"? Did he slight God by shunning the bounty of the garden of eden or something? Sure he could reintroduce carbs at some point if he wants in a systematic manner, but really there is no scientific evidence that his will improve his overall health in any form.

Meh, OP has started another thread with a more updated version of what he's up to so.....
    When exactly, before the invention of diet books and the internet, was HFLC a diet? Seems to me people always just ate what was available at the time. Care to elaborate?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm allergic to fat. See how stupid this sounds? If this were the case, there would something very wrong with me. Choco is right. I don't give a shit if you feel better eating HFLC, but, getting horrible reactions from carbs is a sure sign something is wrong.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

When exactly, before the invention of diet books and the internet, was HFLC a diet? Seems to me people always just ate what was available at the time. Care to elaborate?
    If you gotta ask you haven't been paying attention all the years you've been on here. The archeology has been pointed out hundreds of times. Do a google search or pub med it. There are far more populations than just the Inuit to confirm its at least one of many ways our ancestors ate.

Someone with severe tooth decay would feel fantastic having all their teeth removed. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to remove all their teeth. As usual, you can't argue in context. He clearly has severe health issues and your argument is to keep doing what he's doing when what he's doing is causing the problem. Pass the medication! No reason to fix the problem, just suppress the side effects.
    Its because I don't see the point in arguing. The difference is I at least TRY not to tell people who have devoted themselves to high carb primal that its detrimental to their health, whereas you make it a point to intercede in any low carb thread with your OPINION that it a less optimal path. Even when the individual in question feels terrific on that path!

These are your arguments:
    If a low carber feels like crap its cause they need carbs!
    If a low carber feels great they must need carbs and just not know it yet!
    If a high carber feels like crap its cause they were low carb too long and did too much damage so eat more carbs.
    If a high carber feels great its cause they reintroduced carbs!

How is someone suppose to have a logical debate with that? You can't cause that is the definition of dogma.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    This is where the whole nature vs nurture part comes into play.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

So OP has a glucose metabolism (not allergic) issue. Rather than get into an argument with a bunch of nonsense I'll simply state my stance:

The NUMBER ONE thing is make sure to limit collateral damage. That is if he can not metabolize, mobilize, or utilize carbohydrates efficiently then he needs to limit them. If you don't know why then just look up the myriad of diseases caused by unregulated glucose in the blood. CVD, cancer, dimentia, neuropathy.... ect. Get rid of it before things spiral down hill. Can you? Yes! Many epidemiological studies confirm healthy societies who subsisted on low carbohydrated load. More than just got by, they thrived, and did not suffer diseases of civilization.

You claim this a poor intervention cause it doesn't address the problem, but I believe its absolutely the best way to address the problem. Going low carb primal removes excessive carb load, improves insulin sensitivity, and gives the beta cells a reprieve. High nutritious foods with plenty of fat provide the building blocks to heal and the energy to fill the place of the carbs you no longer eat. Its the perfect Rx IMO. OP may decide to systematically reintroduce carbs at some point or not! Either way he can live a perfectly healthy life.

If you gotta ask you haven't been paying attention all the years you've been on here. The archeology has been pointed out hundreds of times. Do a google search or pub med it. There are far more populations than just the Inuit to confirm its at least one of many ways our ancestors ate.
    Ah, the "because I said so" argument. But you did a good job wrapping it in the "studies have shown" guise. It makes the fallacy sound more convincing.

Last time I checked, human beings evolved around the Equator where fruit, starch and lean game meats tend to rule, not fatty animals. The Inuit are a very modern civilization. There are far more populations in human history eating HCLF than HFLC

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast