Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Allergic to Carbs. Zero Carb (or at least low low carb) for Cure page 6

patski is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Great answer Chocotaco. The most valuable one in the thread for all those 'allergic to carbs'
    +1

Mucho love for Choco!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I am Jacks total lack of surprise

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Choco - is white rice considered a grain to avoid because of the insoluble fiber?

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I am Jacks total lack of surprise
    As am I, as am I.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    Just a quick side note, meat does NOT rot in your gut... veggies however....

Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables! - GNOLLS.ORG
    Another awesome article from J Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Alykat View Post
    Hmmm... So the reason gas smells is bc of the vegetables that rot & ferment in the gut?

Does a lifestyle of only eating animal foods not cause gas & if one has gas does it stink? Seriously all I hear from people who do Atkins is they are constipated and straining in the bathroom. Why?
    I'm not wanting that and i sure don't want things rotting in me either:-/
    The reason people on Atkins have so many problems in this area is that they are too focused on protein and don't get enough fat to go with it.

If you are going to eat lots of plant matter, Choco is right that you do need the gut microbiota to deal with it. However, who says you need to eat lots of plant matter (other than your grandma's voice in your head saying, "Eat you spinach, it's good for you")?

OP and others who have found that mostly meat suits them as it does me might enjoy the following websites:

Dr Georgia Ede "Diagnosis: Diet" (Info on the halo effect around fruits and veggies)Vegetables Diagnosis: Diet
    The Dirty Carnivore site (meat centered, not exclusively meat. Some interesting info on raw eating.)Dirty Carnivore
    Hyperlipid (Interesting series about FIAF and gut microbes)Hyperlipid

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    ???
    this is the complete opposite of what i have been told/researched....

tons of ppl are deathly allergic to peanuts, strawberries, coconut, bananas, alcohol, wheat, etc
    i don't know anyone that is allergic to chicken....
    They all contain certain types of proteins.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Choco - is white rice considered a grain to avoid because of the insoluble fiber?
    White rice is pretty much pure starch. Well-cooked, it is a great source of starch and particularly effective for glycogen replenishment post-workout. It isn't very nutritious though, so I would recommend white potatoes to serve the same purpose instead. Though rice pudding can be a particularly nutritious treat...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If you are going to eat lots of plant matter, Choco is right that you do need the gut microbiota to deal with it. However, who says you need to eat lots of plant matter (other than your grandma's voice in your head saying, "Eat you spinach, it's good for you")?
    You don't. But when you're a young, pretty lean guy, you'd be foolish not to. He should be running primarily on fruits and starches. They are, after all, the body's preferred source of fuel and much more effective for supplying energy at his activity level.

It's also extremely important to have a flexible metabolism. It is an absolute sin to not be able to digest half the foods on Earth. He should be trying to fix his health, not avoid the issue. Going HFLC eternally in his case is exactly the same as a doctor prescribing a pill to help suppress side effects of a disorder instead of actually spending time to correct the disorder itself. That's exactly the mentality we discourage around here.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Casey is offline Member
    I think perhaps you are missing a gigantic point. Certainly being 'allergic to all carbs' is unusual. Maybe even unlikely. However, it is not impossible.

There are people whos cellular make-up is damaged beyond repair. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, for instance. The fact that my mother while pregnant was given the horrendous drug DES back in the 50's and 60's which caused reproductive harm to myself and all of my sisters, a bell that continued to ring for 50 years through hysterectomies (all 4 of us). Or the fact that I had a nasty little addiction to crystal meth back in the 1990's. These things damage you at the cellular level, and my endocrine system, my adrenals, my hormones, and my dopamine production/uptake receptors are (to my knowledge) damaged beyond repair. There have been no studies that I could find on the effects of any of those issues with long-term problems on the hormonal system of a menopausal woman. My hormones do not function like the textbook 'norm'. My body has learned to adjust, much like a 3-legged dog who still loves to run.

My body feels much better without any carbohydrates whatsoever. I eat vegetables, but mostly protein. I do not touch grain or processed carbs or oatmeal or crackers or bread ever, no way. Fruit actively HURTS MY MOUTH. Instantly, painfully, fast reaction to all fruit (with a few exceptions). The fruit I CAN eat causes gastric distress. If eating something causes you to break out in hives, I believe your body is telling you to please stop eating that item.

Every human is made of a different chemical soup. YES, there is the norm, the basis for the thesis, etc. Then there are those of us who fall outside the parameters of what is normal. When one of us states that we feel we are 'allergic to all carbs' <--quotes not mine, please believe we come from a place of years of trial and error within our own bodies. Perhaps you are a race car mechanic, used to how a 'real' car runs. I am, however, a 1960 Volkswagen, I run just fine with no radiator, I leak oil, but I'm still running. I have learned quite a bit about myself and how different I am from the 'norm'. I am familiar with feeling like absolute crap. I also know when I feel (mostly) healed and whole.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You don't. But when you're a young, pretty lean guy, you'd be foolish not to. He should be running primarily on fruits and starches. They are, after all, the body's preferred source of fuel and much more effective for supplying energy at his activity level.
    Wasn't true the first time, won't be true the one millionth time you say it.

"I feel fantastic on a high fat diet (meats, eggs, full fat yogurt, olive oil, avocado), obviously moderate to high protein.. Since almost completely eliminating carbs: (Zero to low low carbs.. less than 50 a day only coming form veggies) my energy is sustainable, my skin looks great, I sleep better, actually sustain my weight (& gain a little), heart beats quietly, stool seems perfect, & digestive system seems quiet & peaceful.. " - OP

OMG, somebody get this fella some startch and fruit stat!!!! He feels.............great

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast