Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allergic to Carbs. Zero Carb (or at least low low carb) for Cure page 2

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Just tossing this out there, it could be a bacterial/candida issue. The sugar in the starches would feed the candida and cause many of the symptoms you've described. A good probiotic combined with low carb eating would probably sort it out, if that's the case.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Skip the starchy carbs for a while and focus on mounds of veg.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Just tossing this out there, it could be a bacterial/candida issue. The sugar in the starches would feed the candida and cause many of the symptoms you've described. A good probiotic combined with low carb eating would probably sort it out, if that's the case.
    Yes, thank you namelesswonder.. I've followed many of your posts related to "Candida" & its opened my research to the detail/symptoms involved.. I do get the "rash/hive" effects on my back & I'm trying to flood it out with a probiotic, & of course low (to no) carb menu.. I believe Candida, Tinea-versacolor, & (as we call them in Florida) "sunspots" are all the same thing.. Yeasts & fungus are pretty common down here in Florida, due to high humidity levels..

Here's a pic of the rash/hive that inflames on the skin if anyone has ever had it, & didn't understand what it was..
    Redirect Notice

Many people think this is a direct "skin" issue, but its actually an issue that starts in the digestive tract, & results in skin effects.. A dermatologist may prescribe a antibotic to flush this out, but again, its a gut issue that will continue coming back if the diet isn't corrected.. Selenium seems to be a good cure for the fungus.. Rubbing "Selsum Blue" on the fungus will knock it out almost immediately & also eating garlic (apparantly garlic contains high levels of selenium)
    Last edited by abc123; 03-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    if you feel better eating zero carb, do so until you feel not-so-better. i do not believe you can be allergic to an entire macronutrient class though.
    +1

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    You've been tested for diabetes? It would be interesting what your blood glucose is an hour after eating carbs.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I think you could really benefit from a broad spectrum digestive enzyme, like the ones from Garden of Life. That could help right away, and then it really sounds like you need some serious gut healing. Your suspicion of leaky guts sounds right on to me. I would take some high quality probiotics, make some bone broth and drink a minimum of a cup a day. Those three things combined with a primal diet will probably do a lot to heal you.

Best of luck

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I think you could really benefit from a broad spectrum digestive enzyme, like the ones from Garden of Life. That could help right away, and then it really sounds like you need some serious gut healing. Your suspicion of leaky guts sounds right on to me. I would take some high quality probiotics, make some bone broth and drink a minimum of a cup a day. Those three things combined with a primal diet will probably do a lot to heal you.

Best of luck
    Thank you! I'm going to take your advice!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes sounds like it could be IBS or some other reaction to substances other than the carbs in what you are eating.

It's impossible to be allergic to carbs. Only allergies to proteins exist.

Try dissolving 50 g of pure sucrose or glucose syrup in water and drinking that on an empty stomach. If you get the same reaction then it's time to investigate whether it's diabetes or candida overgrowth causing the symptoms.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    It's impossible to be allergic to carbs. Only allergies to proteins exist.
    ???
    this is the complete opposite of what i have been told/researched....

tons of ppl are deathly allergic to peanuts, strawberries, coconut, bananas, alcohol, wheat, etc
    i don't know anyone that is allergic to chicken....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast