Thread: Grok in Training page

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

Red face Grok in Training

Hi! New girl on the block. One of my chiropractors introduced me to MDA about a year ago and in recent weeks I have become obsessed with the site. I have been reading and reading and reading. I ordered The Primal Blueprint from eBay and the Primal Blueprint Cookbook from eBay as well.

I was hesitant to participate in this type of lifestyle because as a long distance runner I felt that pasta and breads and rice and other grains were necessary to train. I realized that I was just fueling the sugar burner. No wonder I ran 6 half marathons and a 20k last year and didn't lose an ounce of fat!!

Anyhow, I'm in now. I'm tripping along the way so far, but I am very excited about this lifestyle. I haven't had pasta in over a week. I don't miss it. I can't remember the last time I had rice... (I will today b/c of poor planning for lunch, but it's brown and wild according to the package). I don't miss grains. It's surprising to me, really.

I'm so excited and can't wait to get further into this journey!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Lots of healthy sources for carbs including sweet potato and even white rice (the benign grain) but you might want to take a look at Tha Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Why white rice over brown? Isn't white rice bleached or am I totally off-base here?

lordgrover is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not so much bleached, as had the husk removed - i.e. more easily digested.
    Probably. I think.